Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

Chest Drops

BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,280

I Haven't had a chance to play the PTB yet but can someone tell me what the chest drops are like, are they the same level as the event?

After seeing the positive reaction to higher rarity items being looted from chests during the Winter Solstice, we've updated chest drop rates to support this after the event ends.

Also wondering if Survivors are getting higher rarity items, Will Killers be getting higher rarities in their bloodwebs too?

Comments

  • IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 2,583

    I think they increases the chance to get a better item from the chest, so yeah it's the same level like the event. I like this change, 'cause survivors could waste a little much time from this and would help a little bit with the gen rush. JUST A LITTLE BIT.

  • BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,280

    @Ihatelife said:
    I think they increases the chance to get a better item from the chest, so yeah it's the same level like the event. I like this change, 'cause survivors could waste a little much time from this and would help a little bit with the gen rush. JUST A LITTLE BIT.

    I suppose the games could use that extra bit of time, but then there's the thing of higher toolboxes and keys

  • touchpadgamertouchpadgamer Member Posts: 22

    @Bongbingbing

    • In 2.5.0. you can pull Ultra-Rare items from chests which wasnt possible before the event
    • dont think any changes were made for Killer bloodwebs
  • SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 1,462

    I'm worried about the increased number of Dull/Skeleton Keys. When you get one, you can easily ignore gens (depending on how many are left and how many Survivors are dead) and just jump in the Hatch for a free escape.

  • HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,099

    @SnakeSound222 said:
    I'm worried about the increased number of Dull/Skeleton Keys. When you get one, you can easily ignore gens (depending on how many are left and how many Survivors are dead) and just jump in the Hatch for a free escape.

    Yeah my friend and I had this problem, we were both playing killer and on mic and just talking to each other while playing and during his game they found a damn key and escaped. I thought it was funny and horrible but then the same exact thing happened to me a minute later. It was still funny but it was horrible. This can't be a regular thing, unless they change the Hatch mechanic where it needsd a key to open period.

  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

    @SnakeSound222 said:
    I'm worried about the increased number of Dull/Skeleton Keys. When you get one, you can easily ignore gens (depending on how many are left and how many Survivors are dead) and just jump in the Hatch for a free escape.

    I agree with this.

    Keys are not balanced imo and I actually would like to see them gone. They are pain in the ass when you play the killer side.

    Increased chance for purple toolboxes, medkits, rainbow maps etc is cool but keys are just another matter.

  • Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 577

    @Bongbingbing said:
    I Haven't had a chance to play the PTB yet but can someone tell me what the chest drops are like, are they the same level as the event?

    After seeing the positive reaction to higher rarity items being looted from chests during the Winter Solstice, we've updated chest drop rates to support this after the event ends.

    Also wondering if Survivors are getting higher rarity items, Will Killers be getting higher rarities in their bloodwebs too?

    I just wanted to clarify that survivors are getting items of higher rarities, which corresponds to a killer's power and NOT a killer's addons. (This is also why survivors have to spend more bps to use items with two addons in-game)

    So, there should be little to no correlation between killers getting higher rarity addons in bloodwebs if survivors are getting higher rarity items in chests.

Sign In or Register to comment.