The Forum Guidelines have been updated. Please take your time to read them again! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines
The Bloodhunt has been extended to June 20th at 2pm ET! Jump in and enjoy double the bloodpoints.

Hex Ruin is it still worth it?

GamzelloGamzello Member Posts: 680

Do you guys think hex: ruin is still worth it to use in your games? I've had games where they've either gotten destroyed immediately or actually have done something but either way sometimes people ignored the ruin and still did generators.

Hell I actually had 2-3 games actually where everyone gen rushed through hex ruin as if it was nothing so I find as if it's basically more pointless.

When the new patch of totem placements (for better placements) comes in I hope this will make hexes last a bit longer at least. Otherwise I might just use another hex or just another perk in general.

Tagged:

Comments

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 4,017

Against the most top tier survivors? No. They will just power through gens anyway and/or find your totem super fast and easy.

Against the average survivor? Yes. It cripples them. They spend way too much time looking for the totem or tapping gens to get any real progress done.

• MegChickenMegChicken Member Posts: 155
    Not really honestly. If you build it, it’ll get destroyed in less than a minute. If not a gen gets completed in the first minute. It’s not fun dealing with that as a killer. 

• KilligmaKilligma Member Posts: 338

Low ranks Ruin is strong but anything from 8+ it is 9/10 a wasted slot. Usually stalling the game for the first few minutes while they try and find the totem. Saying that, most high ranking Survivors can just power through Ruin. I personally do not run ruin as I think the negative out weights the positive.

• mcNuggetsmcNuggets Member Posts: 703

Ruin is really important to win, even on rank 1.
    The time for the totem to be found and cleansed is your time to make the difference.

• BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,068

@mcNuggets said:
    The time for the totem to be found and cleansed is your time to make the difference.

False, Rank 8+ is where Ruin starts to fall off hard.

Us Survivors have learnt to power through Hex Skillchecks and remember totem spawns (even when they're updated, easy to memorize)

I'd recommend something else. It's been out for so long people got used to it.

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 718
    I feel like Legion and Nurse are the only ones who can actually defend Ruin and keep it running longer than most killers. Try playing without it a couple of games though and judge for yourself.
  • mcNuggetsmcNuggets Member Posts: 703

@Brady said:

@mcNuggets said:

Us Survivors have learnt to power through Hex Skillchecks and remember totem spawns (even when they're updated, easy to memorize)

No, it is not false.
    Just because it can be destroyed, doesn't mean it can not waste time.
    Time is the most important as a killer and there is no perk which saves your time as good as Ruin.

Of course it isn't solving getting gen rushed, but it's to slow down the game, even if it is just a little bit.

• tt_ivi_99tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,254
    I run either Wishpers or Thrill of the Hunt when I use Ruin, otherwise its a waste.
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 2,939
    Its job is to slow the game down just a lil' bit. On high ranks dont expect it to completely negate progression
  • LarczLarcz Member Posts: 478
    Waste of perk slot imo.Survs or destroy ruin in 1 min after game start or tab gens or great skillcheck.
  • GamzelloGamzello Member Posts: 680
    mcNuggets said:

@Brady said:

@mcNuggets said:

No, it is not false.
    Just because it can be destroyed, doesn't mean it can not waste time.
    Time is the most important as a killer and there is no perk which saves your time as good as Ruin.

Of course it isn't solving getting gen rushed, but it's to slow down the game, even if it is just a little bit.

Honestly I understand what you’re saying because time is very important in Dead by daylight but if ruin is that easy to just literally go through gens without even trying I think it deserves a slight buff.
  • AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 753

No.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

No, they always spawn on my totem

• will_i_am_14_85will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 238

50/50 If you have a good totem spot then it should work to your advantage, I had a game on the swamp where the totem was in a far corner, lasted most of the game, without it I would of only got 1 or 2 kills, I ended up with a 4 man

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 1,833

50% chance that it's found and cleansed in 30 seconds. On high ranks, it usually is a waste. BUT. On high ranks, games tend to be so fast paced, that winning even a mere 30 seconds is worth it. I personally have better results with low map pressure killers (Clown, Trapper) if I use Ruin. With stronger killers, like Spirit, and (I know you'll disagree, but) Freddy or Leatherface, it's not really necessary. Better use your best anti-loop build and start hooking as soon as you can. It slows down generator progress much more effectively than Ruin.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,207

Since reaching purple ranks, No. It gets found immediately.
    from rank 20-10 It was useful because it slowed the game down a little.

• ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 158

I would never run a perk that could be taken away from me. That being said, I have been in survivor games where ruin lasted way too long and a small percentage where it never gets found. I am grateful to ruin as it has forced me to get better at getting great skill checks.

• ForeheadSurviorsForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Gamzello said:

Do you guys think hex: ruin is still worth it to use in your games? I've had games where they've either gotten destroyed immediately or actually have done something but either way sometimes people ignored the ruin and still did generators.

Hell I actually had 2-3 games actually where everyone gen rushed through hex ruin as if it was nothing so I find as if it's basically more pointless.

When the new patch of totem placements (for better placements) comes in I hope this will make hexes last a bit longer at least. Otherwise I might just use another hex or just another perk in general.

Ruin is rng with the skill checks , ive sometimes only gotten 1 skill check on a gen
  • Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,654
    edited January 11
    Any word from PTB players? 
    They're supposed to fix totem placement on that.
    Had a hard time not laughing writing that.
    Waiting wity low expectations. 
  • SadonicShadowSadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,086

Yes, if i have it i use it. Even if it lasts long enough for me to get my first hook ruin has done its job and allowed me to exert some early game pressure. Unfortunately good survivors can power right through it but even good survivors have their potato days and struggle to hit the greats. The only killer i dont actively feel the need to have ruin on is The Nurse but that is because she can exert enough pressure on the map that i dont feel i have to.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 1,966

I don't use hex perks except devour hope once in a while only because it's satisfying if it lasts long enough. Hexes spawn either next to a gen or a survivor every game.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,451

Honestly, I used knockout, A nurses calling and deerstalker on Spirit. Slugging is a way better way to create pressure than Ruin is and you can waste a ton of the survivors time while slugging :p.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 661

Personally, I almost always use Hex: Ruin. I stopped using it for a while, and at first it seemed like I didn't need it anymore. However, once I got to the extremely good survivor teams matches went real fast. I switched over to Hex: Ruin again and I definitely noticed quite the difference, even at rank 1. I am 100% sure that there is not one single player on this world that can actually hit great skill checks 100% of the time. And just one good skill check can already buy you some nice time, especially if multiple survivors are repairing the same gen. I gladly take the risk of losing one perk almost immediately if that means I can have many games that are definitely slower. And I'd say on average my Ruin totem lasts like about 2 minutes. Or 3 maybe, hard to tell exactly.
    I heavily disagree with the statement that the perk is not good at high ranks, even there it can definitely buy you some time. Just watch tru3ta1ent videos, he also thinks it's one of the best perks, and he always reaches rank 1 incredibly fast. Obviously though the perk is even better at lower ranks.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 661

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Any word from PTB players? 
    They're supposed to fix totem placement on that.
    Had a hard time not laughing writing that.
    Waiting wity low expectations. 

Well I played the ptb for two days, and I did feel like my totems would actually last a bit longer than usual on average. But was only two days, maybe I just got lucky. I did however get the feeling that the totems were better hidden on average and not so easy to spot from miles away.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 752

I'm a low-tier survivor. I rank 10-15 depending on win or lose streaks. I have only gone below Rank 10 once.

Hex absolutely destroys my game. It stops progress on gens and absolutely wrecks the Survivor team. If you are playing Rank 1 maybe it sucks. Only you can judge if it's good for you or not. But for me I hate playing against it.