The Forum Guidelines have been updated. Please take your time to read them again! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines
The Bloodhunt has been extended to June 20th at 2pm ET! Jump in and enjoy double the bloodpoints.

Perk Change

PBlackIIPBlackII Member Posts: 76

I know it's a bit of opening the floodgates, but it's an idea to entertain. As evidenced by a another thread, tier i and ii perks feel a little unnecessary as it only reflects time/points drained into a survivor rather than strategic value. So why not have perks on a tier system for the load out? Like let's say that players can run six perks—hold on, don't freak out yet—such that two are tier iii, two are tier ii, and two are tier i.

Comments

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 2,006

What should you do when the character is max'ed and you only got perks on tier 3?

• PBlackIIPBlackII Member Posts: 76

Like it would automatically make the perk into tier ii. So you'd essentially have a primary/secondary/tertiary selection of perks.

O.k., then I have another question: The amount of perks is set to 4 since this number probably makes for the best balance.
    (Yes, this game is not perfectly balanced now, but that's another topic.) Don't you think it would have an negative impact on balance, most likely to the killer's disadvantage?

It could, but if it's applied to both teams is too hard to really tell, hence why I said opening the floodgates.

@PBlackII said:
    It could, but if it's applied to both teams is too hard to really tell, hence why I said opening the floodgates.

Why do you believe it's too hard to tell? When you suggested bringing 6 perks, did you think about which perks were most likely to be equipped?

@NoShinyPony said:

@PBlackII said:

Why do you believe it's too hard to tell? When you suggested bringing 6 perks, did you think about which perks were most likely to be equipped?

Considering that it would be 6 perks against 6 perks at varying tier choices, to have any sort of definitive answer would be dishonest. Of course certain perks would be chosen over others. I'd expect killer to probably at least equip BBQ and Chili, Nurse's Calling, Hex:Ruin; but you'd also would expect survivors to run self-care, an exhaustion perk of their choosing, decisive strike, distortion, whatever suits them.

@PBlackII said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@PBlackII said:

Considering that it would be 6 perks against 6 perks at varying tier choices, to have any sort of definitive answer would be dishonest. Of course certain perks would be chosen over others.

When we talk about balance, we have to talk about bringing a strong perk build. Let's start with this: You want to have the best chances to win as a survivor. Which 3 other perks would you take along with SC, DS and an exhaustion perk of your choice?

Entertaining separate builds is an entirely different matter than flat out saying it works towards the killer's disadvantage, which is a pretty unreasonable thing to assume considering there has been zero testing or discussion upon various builds. Allow such conclusions to come after data or fleshing out of rationale.

Now if we were going to talk about what sort of survivor build I'd be inclined to do first, I would probably do the following:
    Perk Tier I: Sprint Burst, Urban Evasion
    Perk Tier II: Decisive Strike, Deliverance
    Perk Tier III: Self Care, Distortion

If I was killer, I'd probably do something like this:
    Perk Tier I: Discordance, Enduring
    Perk Tier II: Hex: Ruin, Spirit Fury
    Perk Tier III: Barbecue and Chili, Nurse's Calling

@PBlackII said:
    Entertaining separate builds is an entirely different matter than flat out saying it works towards the killer's disadvantage, which is a pretty unreasonable thing to assume considering there has been zero testing or discussion upon various builds. Allow such conclusions to come after data or fleshing out of rationale.

So which do you prefer?

1) Stop discussing for now, try the 6-perk-system in a PTB (or something similar) and continue the discussion afterwards.

or

2) Continue to discuss perk builds to get a better feeling for whether the 6-perk-system is balanced.

If the first was feasible, then that would be desired; but doing thought experiments in the pursuit of discussion type two could be interesting. I'm just against making any sort of qualitative conclusion at this time.