We have added additional information to the upcoming Ghost Face changes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/531640/#Comment_531640
The Forum Guidelines have been updated. Please take your time to read them again! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines
The Bloodhunt has been extended to June 20th at 2pm ET! Jump in and enjoy double the bloodpoints.

Cypress mori should be in the base kit.

Comments

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,691
    edited January 13
    Cetren said:
    The devs suggest adding Kindred to the "base kit" and now every other day there's a new topic about making some perk, like friggin NOED, part of it. No, it's not necessary. Just earn your Moris like intended.
    Actually one of the main points the OP stated was getting them off the bloodweb. I don't want to earn them, because I don't want them AT ALL. They're worthless as an offering because there is zero prediction about whether or not you'll be in a situation to mori the last survivor. So either just remove the offeringoffering entirely so I stop having to waste it buying through my blood points or make the mechanic base. Literally not earning them is the whole point because nobody wants them.
    Then it would make more sense to simply remove them from the game, not give killers a completely unnecessary buff.
    The way i see it, its not a buff, at best QoL. 
    The chances of them getting away is very slim, the hook is virtually inevitable, and even if he gets really lucky they most likely do not know where the hatch is and pallets are going to be exhausted. They will not be able to get far.

That or the rare instance they intentionally run towards one of those places where its impossible to hook and waits to bleed out in spite. 
  • PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 812

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    brokedownpalace said:

Cetren said:

brokedownpalace said:

The devs suggest adding Kindred to the "base kit" and now every other day there's a new topic about making some perk, like friggin NOED, part of it. No, it's not necessary. Just earn your Moris like intended.

Actually one of the main points the OP stated was getting them off the bloodweb. I don't want to earn them, because I don't want them AT ALL. They're worthless as an offering because there is zero prediction about whether or not you'll be in a situation to mori the last survivor. So either just remove the offeringoffering entirely so I stop having to waste it buying through my blood points or make the mechanic base. Literally not earning them is the whole point because nobody wants them.

Then it would make more sense to simply remove them from the game, not give killers a completely unnecessary buff.

The chances of them getting away is very slim, the hook is virtually inevitable, and even if he gets really lucky they most likely do not know where the hatch is and pallets are going to be exhausted. They will not be able to get far.

That or the rare instance they intentionally run towards one of those places where its impossible to hook and waits to bleed out in spite. 

Only instance I can think of is that the survivor has decisive strike, but that as well is unlikely since it's at the end of the trial so they probably already have used it.

edited January 13
    PolarBear said:

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    brokedownpalace said:

Cetren said:

brokedownpalace said:

Only instance I can think of is that the survivor has decisive strike, but that as well is unlikely since it's at the end of the trial so they probably already have used it.

That too but that perk is getting a rework (around 2030 i think), so that might not be relevant and still to situational, and like i said, without knowledge of hatch location and no pallets it just delays it.
    edited May 17

Well since the hatch and DS got changed there are even less reasons not to implement this change. BHVR pls do it.

• Aari_Piggy66Aari_Piggy66 Member Posts: 1,053

@ChesterTheMolester

Holy crap you're alive

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 1,797
    edited May 17

+1

It'll make the mori daily easier.

Please make it happen, devs. Last survivor is surely screwed without the hatch anyway.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,105

No thanks someone close this plz

Still am, was busy working a lot of overtime, replaying Borderlands 2 and dealing with a lot of bureaucratic bullshit after getting arrested. I didn't have much time for DBD.

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,391

@ChesterTheMolester Your name does not help why you got caught

edited May 17

Just some poker. Some goofy looking cop and his partner, who looked like the fat one from 21 Jump Street even felt the need to kick the door and shout pretending to be SWAT when they could have just knocked and be polite.

Did not help when we made fun of them about that.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member Posts: 1,430

Crypris Mori's are literally the most worthless offering I can think of, I think even the offerings that bring survivors closer together for Killers is more worth using than a Cypris Mori.

Its kinda just one of those things in the Blood-Web to make space tbh @ChesterTheMolester

• KagrenacKagrenac Member Posts: 671

Moris as base game

No thanks. Remove the other moris then

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 565

I like this cypress could be used once after two hooks - that would be a buff making it almost a sure thing to get used, and save a run to a hook. I don't like the base kit idea, it makes mori way too common and after awhile becomes a very mundane, over used event to watch.

Besides, killers aren't really killers. They are the Entity's b-----es who feed it survivors.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 1,757

Not really. Why would I spend bloodpoints on an item that way more often than not just saves me a few steps at best?

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 241

Cool, take rancor. Killers don't need anymore buffs. Try playing solo in red ranks for awhile.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 565

Same reason I would spend BP on an odd bulb or BNP or most all the other flashlight add-ons that do nothing. Kidding aside, thing I was getting at is a mori is still kind of special when it happens to me, if it became base kit it would become just a yawn.

• CrythorCrythor Member Posts: 234

Agreed it is a waste in the bloodweeb and it gives you the ability to see your killers mori animation sometimes without bringing real moris and ruin the game for the survivors.

• LiannetLiannet Member Posts: 25
    edited May 17

This is a good idea. But killer must sacrifice 3 survivors to deserve this reward from Entity.

"You worked well, the last one is yours." :)

That is, if someone escaped, the killer can't mori last survivor.

Not a buff. The survivor is dead at that point. Its mostly for show, and saving a couple seconds.

Sure, why not. Would still be better than having Cypress Mori as an offering.

• HURRI_KAINHURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 226

MoM should be in the base kit!

But thats kinda subjective, we all know the moris. I wish they had more as cosmetic options.

• xXNurseXxxXNurseXx Member Posts: 108

Cypress mori and Kindred 4 Base Build!

• SlinkyJinkySlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

4th Survivor evades you all match, plays well, does a couple of gens and rescues everyone at least once.

3 other Survivors are sacrificed and you catch that 4th Survivor. As it is you didn't earn an instant sacrifice but you get one because you cant handle that last Survivor holding out till the of the whole sacrifice to earn their 800 bp from struggling.

No, Killers get enough free hand-holding as it is.

Killing the last Survivor instead of hooking them is hand-holding?

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 325

A Cypress mori in the base kit would be nice. It's not good as an offering; killers seem to rarely get the chance to take advantage of it when they burn it. Since mori'ing survivors is a Daily Ritual, it'd be nice if killers actually had the ability to do it in their base kit. That daily ritual always stresses me out because I'm having to use a mori offering, and most of my killers have two or fewer because I don't see them often in my Bloodweb. I can't even get Rancor to pop up in their Bloodwebs to help me out.

Being able to mori the last survivor in the base kit wouldn't change the game much if at all. If the killer catches the last survivor, they're almost always dead, anyway.

edited May 19

The last survivor always gets instantly sacrificed, always been that way, there is no struggle phase to get 800BP from in the first place.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 766

If it's baseline she would no longer get cocky because she knows there's a mori.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 876

Killer has to spend Bp on an offering for shortcuts to win/get kills.

The hatch is free.

Not really a difference if the last survivor gets hooked or moried.