2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Survivor holding game hostage

So there’s 5 gens left, I’m on a big ass map and the devs couldn’t have been bothered to implement a system where the survivors location is pinged after not touching a generator for 30 minutes and counting now:). Thanks BHVR 

Comments

• borna_lkborna_lk Member Posts: 86
    Oh and it’s a Claudette crutching somewhere
  • PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 339

I feel you. There is nothing you can do except rotate around the map and check every nook and cranny (even lockers). Shame you haven't got whispers, it helps a ton with these kinds of situations.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 6,353

Did someone crash/dc at all if so that person probably doesn't want to die off for nothing. Just keep going around and then if you have to quit the game and report them post game. BHVR doesn't punish for when you have to dc due to someone holding the game hostage.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 340
    That's not holding the game hostage, that's just you being bad at finding survivors. A better example of holding the game hostage would be if a survivor finds a way to glitch to a place inaccessible to the killer (like a rooftop) and stays there.
  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,328
    edited January 12
    @not_Queen a serious problem since release, can you address this with the game designer? There has to be some kind of time limit! If the survivors can't manage to do one single gen within 20 minutes they deserve to die anyway. It's really boring and happens quite often if some special snowflakes hate to play against nurse and want to destroy your fun
  • SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 444
    edited January 12
    Lol people on forums complain about everything. If they dont move consistently for quite short time they re going to have crows around . Get good at finding survivors or just kill 3rd survivor already and let the last escape if you give up.
    RoKrueger said:
    That's not holding the game hostage, that's just you being bad at finding survivors. A better example of holding the game hostage would be if a survivor finds a way to glitch to a place inaccessible to the killer (like a rooftop) and stays there.
    Slayer said:
    Lol people on forums complain about everything. If they dont move consistently for quite short time they re going to have crows around . Get good at finding survivors or just kill 3rd survivor already and let the last escape if you give up.
    Your both the type to disagree with everyone and then complain when something happens that you don’t like. A survivor doesn’t need to be in a trail for 1 hour after his/her 3 teammates are dead to just Claudette crutch in a corner of one of the biggest maps. Maybe I should hold people in the basement hostage by blocking the exit and blame them for not having the skill to rescue without me noticing. You two seriously need to understand the concept of speaking “only when you have something to say,” not just for the sake of speaking cause you want to start a illogical argument. 
    I’m always open to constructive comments and disagreements that have the slightest bit of sense behind them. However, understand I could care less whether you think I’m a good killer or not, when I’ve killed 3/4 survivors in a trail and 5 gens are remaining, I expect the last survivor to either try and do a gen, or try and get some points by doing a chase. (In this case, after an hour of looking around I found them by pure luck, (they poked their head out by accident) and once I downed them they dc’d right away, in other words “pure toxicity”

@borna_lk said:
    RoKrueger said:

Slayer said:

Your both the type to disagree with everyone and then complain when something happens that you don’t like. A survivor doesn’t need to be in a trail for 1 hour after his/her 3 teammates are dead to just Claudette crutch in a corner of one of the biggest maps. Maybe I should hold people in the basement hostage by blocking the exit and blame them for not having the skill to rescue without me noticing. You two seriously need to understand the concept of speaking “only when you have something to say,” not just for the sake of speaking cause you want to start a illogical argument. 

Yes you can

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 2,133
    edited January 14

Record, Disconnect, Report.

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?

"Additional Player Report Information" from the drop down.

YOU HAVE TO REPORT THEM AT THE END SCREEN TOO!

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 6,353

@Master said:
    BHVR trying to ignore the endgame problem effectively for 3years now

Master still trying to troll after 3 years and blame everything on anyone and anything besides himself.

Slayer said:

@borna_lk said:
    RoKrueger said:

Slayer said:

Yes you can

Sounds good, give me ur gamer tag and next time I see you I’ll trap you if you go in the basement. I’m fine with tbagging, I’m fine with every survivor having a toolbox or flashlight, but I’m not okay with a Claudlette wasting an hour of both our time because they have nothing better do do then troll someone without even seeing their reaction

@borna_lk said:
    Slayer said:

@borna_lk said:

RoKrueger said:

Slayer said:

Yes you can

Sounds good, give me ur gamer tag and next time I see you I’ll trap you if you go in the basement. I’m fine with tbagging, I’m fine with every survivor having a toolbox or flashlight, but I’m not okay with a Claudlette wasting an hour of both our time because they have nothing better do do then troll someone without even seeing their reaction

https://steamcommunity.com/id/0x00004/ Good luck with that i never get downed near basement :chuffed:
    Your point is laughable . How do you know they do nothing other than staying in one place doing nothing? If so search every location possible and when you do that you will find your buddy

@borna_lk said:
    Slayer said:

@borna_lk said:

RoKrueger said:

Slayer said:

Yes you can

https://steamcommunity.com/id/0x00004/ Good luck with that i never go down near basement lol .
    Your thread is still laughable

• BACKSTABBERBACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,189
    edited January 14

the problem is this game's mechanics... survs/killers should be able to push+move each others

so far only dead hard makes you invisible for 0,5 secs so u can tresspass others

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 9,643

@powerbats said:

@Master said:
    BHVR trying to ignore the endgame problem effectively for 3years now

Master still trying to troll after 3 years and blame everything on anyone and anything besides himself.

Oh, its my bad that I designed the endgame the way it is.

I apologize

• LarczLarcz Member Posts: 366
    I play today canibal gate was open abd 2 last survs want ply as ninija can find them.And this survs dont have nothing to do mayby 2 wait on chatch i try find him like 5 min when gate are open.So i think ok you dobt want exit and end game i will do this abd i DC fk that shit.No regret at all.
    Slayer said:

@borna_lk said:
    Slayer said:

@borna_lk said:

RoKrueger said:

Slayer said:

Yes you can

https://steamcommunity.com/id/0x00004/ Good luck with that i never get downed near basement :chuffed:
    Your point is laughable . How do you know they do nothing other than staying in one place doing nothing? If so search every location possible and when you do that you will find your buddy

Only laughable thing here is you. 1 hour, 1 hour I was running around the map looking for the Claudette, not one single gen was touched. At all, they were all at 0% yet you want to keep preaching “No yOu CaN fInD hEr If YoU lOoK,” at this point I’m pretty sure you don’t even play this game because clarely you haven’t the faintest idea of what claduette can do on a big map when she chooses not to move any more than to prevent crows from surrounding her (with urban evasion). So go ahead and keep trolling, your a joke and I’m done replying to your, didn’t have the balls to give me your gamer tag either😂😂😂😂
  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 600
    I feel the OP. A single survivor left with urban evasion can be a pain in the ass if they know how to stealth. I’ve been on the survivor side and I end up running into the open to get chased. Sometimes the killer is like “okay, let’s farm, I made no points after your 3 pals dc” hah
  • TAGTAG Member Posts: 922
    Slayer said:
    OP said that no gens were done, so even if they were to just give up, Survivor would not know that and has no real incentive to not hide beyond wanting the game to just be done and over with.
    Gorgonia said:
    I feel the OP. A single survivor left with urban evasion can be a pain in the ass if they know how to stealth. I’ve been on the survivor side and I end up running into the open to get chased. Sometimes the killer is like “okay, let’s farm, I made no points after your 3 pals dc” hah
    Yeah, it’s only for the pleasure of being a troll, when the hatch is open I go looking for the survivor instead of camping it and if I find them waiting at near the hatch and I’m there, I’ll simply hit them in the way I get the most points and let them leave. I just simply thought that a survivor who had 5 gens left against a billy would just engage the chase when their the last on left instead of hiding around for an hour to just dc when I find them 
  • TheRealSlimShadyTheRealSlimShady Member Posts: 79
    edited January 14

Thats why i'm always using whispers lol,had the same issue long time ago when a sole survivor claudette decided to hide on swamp,took 30+ mins,after that i've always used whispers and i'm always ready to report these people..

• GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 600
    borna_lk said:
    Gorgonia said:
    Yeah, it’s only for the pleasure of being a troll, when the hatch is open I go looking for the survivor instead of camping it and if I find them waiting at near the hatch and I’m there, I’ll simply hit them in the way I get the most points and let them leave. I just simply thought that a survivor who had 5 gens left against a billy would just engage the chase when their the last on left instead of hiding around for an hour to just dc when I find them 
    5 gens to go + 1 survivor + billy = no way for the survivor to do anything if the billy is good at patrolling.
    borna_lk said:
    Slayer said:

@borna_lk said:
    Slayer said:

@borna_lk said:

RoKrueger said:

Slayer said:

Yes you can

Only laughable thing here is you. 1 hour, 1 hour I was running around the map looking for the Claudette, not one single gen was touched. At all, they were all at 0% yet you want to keep preaching “No yOu CaN fInD hEr If YoU lOoK,” at this point I’m pretty sure you don’t even play this game because clarely you haven’t the faintest idea of what claduette can do on a big map when she chooses not to move any more than to prevent crows from surrounding her (with urban evasion). So go ahead and keep trolling, your a joke and I’m done replying to your, didn’t have the balls to give me your gamer tag either😂😂😂😂
    What you mean by gamers tag? I gave you the link to my account add me lets play then
    edited January 15
    Gorgonia said:
    borna_lk said:
    Gorgonia said:
    5 gens to go + 1 survivor + billy = no way for the survivor to do anything if the billy is good at patrolling.
    Exactly if all you do is patrolling gens as a killer whos really good at it against single survivor you cant expect for them to do shit its op fault for doing that . Op simply could have let him do one gen by simply not patrolling like crazy if he dont want to look for him. Stop making problem out of nothing
  • Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 2,107

Look for hair

• GraviteaUKGraviteaUK Member Posts: 238
    edited January 15

@RoKrueger said:

Yes it really is. if we take what OP said as truth.

He cannot TD because there are 5 gens left.

And he's not touching any generators as OP stated that's hostage taking, he's hiding for as long as possible without doing ANY objective hoping the killer quits.

How is that any different to a killer blocking a dude in a corner?

Neither of them are trying to win all they are doing is wasting the other persons time.

And you can talk about being "Bad a finding survivors" if he's a P3 Claudette in a dark area of the map with Urban away from any gens they can be virtually impossible to find unless you have your brightness set to surpernova.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 340

@RoKrueger said:

Yes it really is. if we take what OP said as truth.

He cannot TD because there are 5 gens left.

And he's not touching any generators as OP stated that's hostage taking, he's hiding for as long as possible without doing ANY objective hoping the killer quits.

How is that any different to a killer blocking a dude in a corner?

Neither of them are trying to win all they are doing is wasting the other persons time.

And you can talk about being "Bad a finding survivors" if he's a P3 Claudette in a dark area of the map with Urban away from any gens they can be virtually impossible to find unless you have your brightness set to surpernova.

I wish I could stay hidden that long as a survivor. You have to look and listen closely, that's it. I aplaud the survivor that can make you quit with something like that
    Slayer said:
    Gorgonia said:
    borna_lk said:
    Gorgonia said:
    Exactly if all you do is patrolling gens as a killer whos really good at it against single survivor you cant expect for them to do shit its op fault for doing that . Op simply could have let him do one gen by simply not patrolling like crazy if he dont want to look for him. Stop making problem out of nothing

Gorgonia said:
    borna_lk said:
    Gorgonia said:
    You are so damn lost it’s sad. I idled for 25 minutes to play on my phone and I have tinkerer. She didn’t touch a single gen, so I went looking again, found her by pure luck and she disconnected, so just get off this thread you literally have no idea what your saying it’s sad