Nerf lunge attacks from killers

It's very frustrating when you're a fair distance from the killer and he has a 10 metre lunge attack,  it doesn't help that the tracking of killers has a side swing, which is so stupidly op because it's just impossible to escape the killer...  I think every killer has to rely on being closer to get the hit rather then being lucky with lunge and tracking... I also believe attacks should be vertical so killers have to be more skillful when striking. It's so easy to hit people simply because you swing from an angle meaning it's more wide, but if it were to be vertical the killer has to read what the survivor is going to do.

Comments

• DigwiidDigwiid Member Posts: 69

"Posts: 1"
    Like clockwork

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 1,562

@Digwiid said:
    "Posts: 1"
    Like clockwork

What's wrong with him having 1 post?

• KillmasterKillmaster Member Posts: 116
    edited January 12

Lunge is a little ridiculous could use a slight nerf. Killers will have to get gud at chasing.

• TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 249

If you are gonna create an account, please, dont make your first post a rant about how lunge attacks should be nerfed

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,206
    Given the one post wonder nature i suggest to let the thread die...
  • TAGTAG Member Posts: 335
    Master said:

Pfft.  I've spent too much time on the Magic Arena forums.  This is nothing.
  • Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,349

Yeah, nerf all killer attacks. They're like... 9 meters too long. >.>
  • SirPiggySirPiggy Member Posts: 5
    edited January 13
    Why is everyone bitching about me having 1 post?  this is the first time I made a thread and I will make more in the future, making suggestions and ideas. I also love how no one mentions my other point on how I think strikes should be more skill required and should be vertical to be more precise
  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 1,179

@SirPiggy said:
    Why is everyone bitching about me having 1 post?  this is the first time I made a thread and I will make more in the future, making suggestions and ideas. I also love how no one mentions my other point on how I think strikes should be more skill required and should be vertical to be more precise

well, due to the fact that you only have 2 posts, that makes them assume that you are very new to the game and the forums.
    and after reading your post, it gets kinda obvious why.

the lunge attack of killers is one of the few things that is not broken at all. it works perfectly fine.
    you will learn the distance a killer can attack from simply by experience and that allows you to dodge these attacks by the clever use of pallets and windows. also ,you will most certainly change your opinion about that after playing killer for yourself.
    without the lunge, its pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to catch survivors.

• JesyaJesya Member Posts: 281

next you will say killers should run slower than survivors....

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 750

@SirPiggy said:
    It's very frustrating when you're a fair distance from the killer and he has a 10 metre lunge attack,  it doesn't help that the tracking of killers has a side swing, which is so stupidly op because it's just impossible to escape the killer...  I think every killer has to rely on being closer to get the hit rather then being lucky with lunge and tracking... I also believe attacks should be vertical so killers have to be more skillful when striking. It's so easy to hit people simply because you swing from an angle meaning it's more wide, but if it were to be vertical the killer has to read what the survivor is going to do.

Swing vertical? So you want the killers to look completely ridiclous as well. There is no way the lunge can be nerfed without making it completely unfair to the other half of the player base. Lunges exist for pallets, no lunge, no pallets how about that?

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 855
    edited January 13
    Is this an attempt at bait? If so, then it’s a pretty bad one.
  • MorfedelMorfedel Member Posts: 138

Ridiculous. Skilled survivors can already loop a killer for a very long time. Plus, pallet stuns. With the lunge, I have a chance of getting the survivor as he pallet drops, and I have a chance of getting him before the pallet, or as he is rounding that corner for like the 7th time.

Survivors have plenty to work with. The killer NEEDS the lunge.

• SirPiggySirPiggy Member Posts: 5
    I'm not saying to nerf lunge to the ground, or to remove it, I'm simply suggesting to nerf it alittle, so that killers have to be closer to strike
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 5,991
    edited January 13

@SirPiggy said:
    I'm not saying to nerf lunge to the ground, or to remove it, I'm simply suggesting to nerf it alittle, so that killers have to be closer to strike

At the moment, the lunge range is around 3 meters (2-meter "dash" + 1-meter weapon). A quick attack has a 1-meter range, assuming it's the same size as the weapon. So, how much to you want it nerfed by?

EDIT: Keep in mind I'm assuming these numbers based on weapon length.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerfThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 120

@Killmaster said:
    Lunge is a little ridiculous could use a slight nerf. Killers will have to get gud at chasing.

I just lost brain cells reading this. Rank 31 survivor main confirmed?

• JanTheManJanTheMan Member Posts: 319
    Urm... I guess survivors shouldn't be able to run then.
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 5,991

@JanTheMan said:
    Urm... I guess survivors shouldn't be able to run then.

Perfect nerf to Sprint Burst.

• SkarkioSkarkio Member Posts: 177
    edited January 13

@SirPiggy said:
    It's so easy to hit people simply because you swing from an angle meaning it's more wide, but if it were to be >vertical the killer has to read what the survivor is going to do.

To your information:

In one of the streams, the devs explained that when a killer swing, it only counts as attack hitbox the front of the arc not the beginning nor the end of the arc (swing) "ONLY THE FRONT"

Seasoned killers know this from attacking 360°ers, so they turn around the camera while swinging to have better chance to hit aurvivors

Not knowing this, speaks of you being a new player who doesn't know how killer mechanics work!

But alas, that doesn't stop you from asking to nerf said unknow mechanic from you anyway!

As others have already said, first you must play killer side and understand how it works before asking for changes, this is how a thinking, critical human usually learn!

Post edited by Skarkio on
  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,242

Survivors will have to git gud at getting chased. How about that?
  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,242
    SirPiggy said:
    Because you never played Killer at rank 1 (or let's better say against strong survivors). You have absolutely no clue what you are asking for, everyone here knows your are either a survivor main or just a new player and therefore noone can take you serious. You are a joke for us 
  • Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 66

@SirPiggy said:

Please don't. Your suggestion is terrible and is only from being bad and a justification for your own failure.

• AttackfrogAttackfrog Member Posts: 752

@SirPiggy said:

So you not only want to nerf lunge, you want to nerf the hit box too?

Have you ever even played as killer or is this an angry post after your first game as survivor?

There is a learning curve to this game that I actually respect. You may need some more time with it, or are you just used to hand outs?

• NightmareRebornNightmareReborn Member Posts: 121
    edited January 13

I like the killer lunges as they are. While some of the killer's lunges can be annoying, I would say that many things need to happen before that. Why not a DS rework? Or a SWF & solo balance first? Point is, it's not nearly as bad as some of the other things in the game right now.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,070
    PLS nerf Freddy too, amirite? So broken.