Dead by Daylight has turned 3 years old! We are proud of what we've accomplished and so excited about what’s to come. So why not start the celebrations with a Bloodhunt (2x) Event from June 14th to June 18th? Enjoy!

Normalized ideas to make 2v8 feasible

BACKSTABBERBACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
edited January 12 in General Discussions

2v8 has been one of the most requested suggestions, let's think like a product manager would do:

• There are 2 teams with 1 killer and 4 survs each
  • Your own team members are in black and white, enemies in color, everyone keep the cosmetics
  • Killer: can only hit/hook/mori the opposite survs and killer (to study by beta testers if stun or no dmg at all)
  • Survivor: can only do other teams (colored) gens and hexes, (not the black and white ones, same team)
  • Chests, hooks and lockers are colored for both teams

• Game mechanics: same as usual with the considerations that suvs and killer can work to make the opposite team make less gens, this is made by bodyblocking, flashlight blind survs/killer, sabotage, etc... become much more competitive

If we saw a 5 killers vs 1 surv video, the internal engine is already easy to develop, feasible game mode, desirable to be tested first in the PTB

Comments

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 865
    edited January 12

i wouldn't really call this mode a 2v8 if the the 2 or 8 each arent allied. this is more of a "direct team battle" i guess.

Unlike a "traditional" 2 Killers vs 8 Survivors your idea would probably be a real mess, when you're not only being "attacked" by one Killer. Haha, those often discussed "traitor"-perks for selfish survivors would come handy in such a mode. Also: the rules of the trial would change MASSIVELY compared to the traditional mode (where just number of players goes up)

I think balancing this would also include:

• Number of Generators
    • Are Generators Team coded or free for all, how would both teams working on a gen work?
    • Map size, but not as much as in a "traditional" 2v8, also maybe restrictions on the map pool
    • New Map rules: Number of Basements or Gates, colorcoded objects?
    • Killer Interaction, what happens when they attack each other etc, New animations for killers stepping in traps or getting hit by killer abilities, etc
    • etc
    edited January 12

As a slight off topic info, Identity V has a 2v8 Mode running, but its mostly following the default rules of a trial, except:

• 7 generators to activate gates, but dont know how many in total spawn
    • a generator repair speed penalty of... I think it was ~30% to balance survivor count.
    • Survivors need to be hit 3 times to get into dying state, (only full health counts as not-injured), not sure what happens to speed burst etc.
    • Killers or survivor teams DONT share aura reading etc, as far as i know.
    • Survivors, when put on a chair Hook, cannot be free'd for 30 seconds. ( i think this is to discourage camping, which allegedly happens a lot in this game, in this gamemode its more suicide than in normal mode)
    • Only the 2 biggest maps of the game are available, that amusement park and fishing village feel really large, but I'm not sure how big a DBD map would need to be, because there obviously are still differences in the games)
    • theres also a shop that works with points earneed ingame, it gives permanent upgrades for the killers or items for survivors.
      Not sure if there were more changes, havent played lately.
    Post edited by Raptorrotas on
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@BACKSTABBER said:
    2v8 has been one of the most requested suggestions, let's think like a product manager would do:

• There are 2 teams with 1 killer and 4 survs each
    • Your own team members are in black and white, enemies in color, everyone keep the cosmetics
    • Killer: can only hit/hook/mori the opposite survs and killer (to study by beta testers if stun or no dmg at all)
    • Survivor: can only do other teams (colored) gens and hexes, (not the black and white ones, same team)
    • Chests, hooks and lockers are colored for both teams

• Game mechanics: same as usual with the considerations that suvs and killer can work to make the opposite team make less gens, this is made by bodyblocking, flashlight blind survs/killer, sabotage, etc... become much more competitive

If we saw a 5 killers vs 1 surv video, the internal engine is already easy to develop, feasible game mode, desirable to be tested first in the PTB

Wait, the killer can only hit survivors of the own team, but can be bodyblocked by survivors of both teams?

• AlwaysInAGoodShapeAlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,300

I think there's too much wrong with the coding of the game to see a 2 v 8 happening and it would be abusable since 2 killers can basically shut down a survivors ability to chase/escape hooks.

@Master
    @AlwaysInAGoodShape

I think the proposed gamemode has 5 players per team, 1 Killer and 4 survivors", versus the other team.
    Thus in this case the killers aren't allied, and also shouldn't be interested in "highlighted/ sepia/ blackwhite" survivors which are in their team.
    I think it's somewhat comparable to how tydetyme's tournaments work, except "both rounds take place in the same trial at once"