Do you think you know Dead by daylight?
Test your knowledge! https://t.co/XwLPMF3XQb
The Forum Guidelines have been updated. Please take your time to read them again! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines

Recent nerfs to survivor

The nerfs to survivors are getting ridiculous. They should leave self care alone. You're lucky if you don't get a tunneling killer -(especially a proximity tunneling legion) at all. I understand that on PC, there are better connections, but on PS4 it's just sad,

I've been biting my tongue waiting for the dedicated servers, but it looks like the devs are going full steam nerf survivor dunce mode before we will get to see how the dedicated servers correct these problems. Getting hit through windows shouldn't happen, proximity chasing by legion, shouldn't happen, turn off the mend while in heartbeat range. No one is talking about the major nerf to borrowed time both in the decreased time, and introducing the killer notification if you fall. They took away the little counter play that survivors had against the legion with pallets. They are bending over to the whining of the rank 1 killers and making the game less enjoyable for everyone else.

Legion actually moves even faster if he attacks while running. Until the recent nerfs, I commended the devs for balancing the game. There should be a 50% survival rate. Killers shouldn't expect to get all survivors. On one of the recent dev streams FAQs they stated how there was a 50% survival rate across maps, that's great, however in reality this doesn't account for farming killers, which means that the actual survival rate for non farming killers is closer to 40% or even less, considering that farming killers often allow 4 escapes which greatly skews this data. I enjoy survivor because it is more challenging, I have to try to survive. As killer I often get 3-4 kills, and very rarely lose, and always get far more BPs! I don't even use BBQ and chili!

The re-spawning hooks is a joke, especially with all the perks surrounding them. If physical items such as toolboxes and med kits don't re-spawn, then why do trapper bear traps and hooks?? Congratulations you've broken a hook, in 2 minutes it will be back. Breakdown, please! Distortion, great, so the first 3x the killer won't see me, however after that he will. So in other words, the first three times BBQ hits, (when you have the best chance the killer won't come after you because the rest of the team is still alive) you're hidden, however after that you're out a perk. It shouldn't work the first three times, but then work the rest of the game.

Aftercare, dismal, it's arguably worse than bond since there is a prerequisite to using it and bond has none. Hit boxes are pretty ridiculous too on PS4 at least, I've seen killers literally facing the other direction swing and somehow it hits me. As I said, I'm hopeful that some of these issues will be fixed with dedicated servers, but I'm very unhappy with all the survivor nerfs, when the game was already balanced (except for rank 1 SWF situations) As it stands if you don't have 3 great teammates then most of you are going down. I'm survivor rank 2 right now and most of my games always come down to a hatch or 4 death.

I hate to see them destroying such a fun game, and that's why I've stopped my silence and joined the forums before dedicated servers to hopefully stem the tide of these game killing nerfs.

Some map fixes that need made. - On the game map, and generally any map where the basement is the third floor down, it is incredibly dark, almost can't see what you're doing, the Badham, and Lampkin lane map, it appears like there are stars all in the air and it's very hard on the eyes to try to do a generator in one of these basements. This only seems to happen when the basement is below two floors and not just one. This happened a few patches back and hasn't been fixed.

I might mention that wiggling is joke as well, hooks are so close together on all maps that it's virtually impossible to wiggle off unless you are very careful in where you go down and if a hook has just killed a teammate. Also Legion shouldn't be able to see your heartbeat in lockers.

If lockers block aura readings they should also block this reading. It's nice to see people acknowledging how strong Legion is, I predicted he would be a top tier killer from his announcement. As it stands he is broken.

«13

Comments

  • DarkWo1f997DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Survivors are getting buffed though, gens can be done in 15 seconds thanks to prove thy self, self care faster than being healed by another player (if it makes it past PTB) there are now medium vaults, Dwight perks got really good, status effect timers no longer stack, that’s just scratching the surface. 
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Survivors are getting buffed though, gens can be done in 15 seconds thanks to prove thy self, self care faster than being healed by another player (if it makes it past PTB) there are now medium vaults, Dwight perks got really good, status effect timers no longer stack, that’s just scratching the surface. 

    No they can't, that's a bug that won't be going live and the SC change isn't going live either.

  • ForeheadSurviorsForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Legion is weak lool his current state hes just annoying hes not fun to play or fun to play against.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @powerbats said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Survivors are getting buffed though, gens can be done in 15 seconds thanks to prove thy self, self care faster than being healed by another player (if it makes it past PTB) there are now medium vaults, Dwight perks got really good, status effect timers no longer stack, that’s just scratching the surface. 

    No they can't, that's a bug that won't be going live and the SC change isn't going live either.

    Yeah it will only be ~18 (?) seconds instead :wink:

  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

    You need a TL;DR. Your text is way too long.

    Nerfs are needed. Chases shouldn't be nearly as long as they are and self-care can attribute to that length. If the chased heals themselves after being hit away, that will prolongue the chase as they need to be hit all over again. When chases are long, a lot of killers will resort to camping and tunneling off of hook to ensure a kill. Self-care shouldn't be nearly as good as it is now, anyway. I still think making SC not hold if you start moving would be best as it can't be used in chase.

    What rank is your killer? Maybe spend more time on them. It's best to play both equally so that you can understand stuff from both perspectives.

    Respawning hooks and traps are necessary. Without them respawning, people would just sabbo them all and the killer would be without a power (traps) and having to take everyone to the basement from wherever they got downed on the map.

    And yes, some perks are useless or less useful. Both killer and survivor has them.

    Wiggling is a joke unless you're far away enough from the hook and people take hits. They're increasing the distance between them I do believe.

    Oh, did you join the forums 'cause seeing Legion can see people inside the locker pissed you off? o-o lol

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @Master said:

    @powerbats said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Survivors are getting buffed though, gens can be done in 15 seconds thanks to prove thy self, self care faster than being healed by another player (if it makes it past PTB) there are now medium vaults, Dwight perks got really good, status effect timers no longer stack, that’s just scratching the surface. 

    No they can't, that's a bug that won't be going live and the SC change isn't going live either.

    Yeah it will only be ~18 (?) seconds instead :wink:

    That was probably one of the worst of your troll posts so far, 1/10 on the troll likeability scale.

  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 4,074
    powerbats said:

    @Master said:

    @powerbats said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Survivors are getting buffed though, gens can be done in 15 seconds thanks to prove thy self, self care faster than being healed by another player (if it makes it past PTB) there are now medium vaults, Dwight perks got really good, status effect timers no longer stack, that’s just scratching the surface. 

    No they can't, that's a bug that won't be going live and the SC change isn't going live either.

    Yeah it will only be ~18 (?) seconds instead :wink:

    That was probably one of the worst of your troll posts so far, 1/10 on the troll likeability scale.

    I can troll better than that!

  • OooooofOooooof Member Posts: 109

    I agree.

  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

    @Nickenzie said:
    powerbats said:

    @Master said:

    @powerbats said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:

    Survivors are getting buffed though, gens can be done in 15 seconds thanks to prove thy self, self care faster than being healed by another player (if it makes it past PTB) there are now medium vaults, Dwight perks got really good, status effect timers no longer stack, that’s just scratching the surface. 

    No they can't, that's a bug that won't be going live and the SC change isn't going live either.

    Yeah it will only be ~18 (?) seconds instead :wink:

    That was probably one of the worst of your troll posts so far, 1/10 on the troll likeability scale.

    I can troll better than that!

    My eyes! ;--; The white is blinding.

  • CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 547

    @HURRI_KAIN said:
    The nerfs to survivors are getting ridiculous. They should leave self care alone. You're lucky if you don't get a tunneling killer -(especially a proximity tunneling legion) at all. I understand that on PC, there are better connections, but on PS4 it's just sad,

    I've been biting my tongue waiting for the dedicated servers, but it looks like the devs are going full steam nerf survivor dunce mode before we will get to see how the dedicated servers correct these problems. Getting hit through windows shouldn't happen, proximity chasing by legion, shouldn't happen, turn off the mend while in heartbeat range. No one is talking about the major nerf to borrowed time both in the decreased time, and introducing the killer notification if you fall. They took away the little counter play that survivors had against the legion with pallets. They are bending over to the whining of the rank 1 killers and making the game less enjoyable for everyone else.

    Legion actually moves even faster if he attacks while running. Until the recent nerfs, I commended the devs for balancing the game. There should be a 50% survival rate. Killers shouldn't expect to get all survivors. On one of the recent dev streams FAQs they stated how there was a 50% survival rate across maps, that's great, however in reality this doesn't account for farming killers, which means that the actual survival rate for non farming killers is closer to 40% or even less, considering that farming killers often allow 4 escapes which greatly skews this data. I enjoy survivor because it is more challenging, I have to try to survive. As killer I often get 3-4 kills, and very rarely lose, and always get far more BPs! I don't even use BBQ and chili!

    The re-spawning hooks is a joke, especially with all the perks surrounding them. If physical items such as toolboxes and med kits don't re-spawn, then why do trapper bear traps and hooks?? Congratulations you've broken a hook, in 2 minutes it will be back. Breakdown, please! Distortion, great, so the first 3x the killer won't see me, however after that he will. So in other words, the first three times BBQ hits, (when you have the best chance the killer won't come after you because the rest of the team is still alive) you're hidden, however after that you're out a perk. It shouldn't work the first three times, but then work the rest of the game.

    Aftercare, dismal, it's arguably worse than bond since there is a prerequisite to using it and bond has none. Hit boxes are pretty ridiculous too on PS4 at least, I've seen killers literally facing the other direction swing and somehow it hits me. As I said, I'm hopeful that some of these issues will be fixed with dedicated servers, but I'm very unhappy with all the survivor nerfs, when the game was already balanced (except for rank 1 SWF situations) As it stands if you don't have 3 great teammates then most of you are going down. I'm survivor rank 2 right now and most of my games always come down to a hatch or 4 death.

    I hate to see them destroying such a fun game, and that's why I've stopped my silence and joined the forums before dedicated servers to hopefully stem the tide of these game killing nerfs.

    Some map fixes that need made. - On the game map, and generally any map where the basement is the third floor down, it is incredibly dark, almost can't see what you're doing, the Badham, and Lampkin lane map, it appears like there are stars all in the air and it's very hard on the eyes to try to do a generator in one of these basements. This only seems to happen when the basement is below two floors and not just one. This happened a few patches back and hasn't been fixed.

    I might mention that wiggling is joke as well, hooks are so close together on all maps that it's virtually impossible to wiggle off unless you are very careful in where you go down and if a hook has just killed a teammate. Also Legion shouldn't be able to see your heartbeat in lockers.

    If lockers block aura readings they should also block this reading. It's nice to see people acknowledging how strong Legion is, I predicted he would be a top tier killer from his announcement. As it stands he is broken.

    Ok let me try to put in my view of this mess of a posting...

    1. Nerfs are needed to both side when trying to balance a game... I know some don’t like it when there main gets nerfed but, they are needed.
    2. Dedicated servers are a good thing. Thou getting hit on the other side of a window is ok as there’s nothing there to block a hit. Also my counterplay to any killer is not being seen. Can’t kill what u can’t find lol
    3. Trying to get a average of anything on a game like this is very hard. Not trying to defend the devs. But, dcs don’t count as a death, but a dc might as well count as 3 deaths cause when someone leaves early say before gen 1 is even done its now a 3v1 and u can basically add 3 deaths to the chart.
    4. As far as length. sir lockers are a thing and if u get into one when someone’s downed it will allow distortion to last longer also how would u feel if killer had a perk that when u kick a gen it couldn’t be fixed for 8 mins. Hooks are needed for the killer to be fair.
    5. Welcome to the world of online games... Noobs are a thing sucks but, it is what it is... better then how other games handle it trust me lol
      6.no gen issue here or hatch issue for me so no comment.
      7.once again noobs is the main problem. I’ll get in the way if I feel it’s worthwhile. A lot won’t thou. Also I like mad grit lol
      8.i don’t think he sees auras he just gets the normal fail skill check kinda notification. So ya
      O.o wow longest post ever!
      So umm
  • DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,268
    I'd be more than happy to get a challenge from the changes. Doing gens is so easy we need some area of the game to be difficult. 
  • ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,691
    TLDR: 
    "I want basement meta so buff sabo"
    "Trapper OP pls nerf"
    "Wiggling should be a 3rd chance"
  • EninyaEninya Member Posts: 856

    @fluffybunny said:
    You need a TL;DR. Your text is way too long.

    Nerfs are needed. Chases shouldn't be nearly as long as they are and self-care can attribute to that length. If the chased heals themselves after being hit away, that will prolongue the chase as they need to be hit all over again.

    lol This literally never happens unless the killer deliberately ends the chase and goes somewhere else.

  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

    @Eninya said:

    @fluffybunny said:
    You need a TL;DR. Your text is way too long.

    Nerfs are needed. Chases shouldn't be nearly as long as they are and self-care can attribute to that length. If the chased heals themselves after being hit away, that will prolongue the chase as they need to be hit all over again.

    lol This literally never happens unless the killer deliberately ends the chase and goes somewhere else.

    I see people do it all the time. It can be a time waster if the person is decent at looping and can multitask.

  • edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 444

    Survivors are not weak. There is nothing a mid-tier killer of average skill can do if survivors just do gens and don't kamikaze at the hook. Think of how long it takes to find, chase, down, and hook someone. A gen takes 80 seconds (I think). Killers are at a mathematical disadvantage from the start of the game.

  • BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,071

    @powerbats said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Survivors are getting buffed though, gens can be done in 15 seconds thanks to prove thy self, self care faster than being healed by another player (if it makes it past PTB) there are now medium vaults, Dwight perks got really good, status effect timers no longer stack, that’s just scratching the surface. 

    No they can't, that's a bug that won't be going live and the SC change isn't going live either.

    Not doubting you, just curious. Are the SC changes confirmed to not be going live?

  • se05239se05239 Member Posts: 2,435

    @Brady said:

    @powerbats said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Survivors are getting buffed though, gens can be done in 15 seconds thanks to prove thy self, self care faster than being healed by another player (if it makes it past PTB) there are now medium vaults, Dwight perks got really good, status effect timers no longer stack, that’s just scratching the surface. 

    No they can't, that's a bug that won't be going live and the SC change isn't going live either.

    Not doubting you, just curious. Are the SC changes confirmed to not be going live?

    They said so last livestream. Legion's buff to damaging injured survivors is also not getting through.

  • xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 596

    @Master said:
    The title, the 3-post author, the paragraphs and the topic made me skip most of the actual text

    Have this instead:

    I play both killer and survivor. Flashlight spamming is BS. It's so easy to avoid. Just look up.

  • Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,333
    This whole post is one giant oof.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    This whole post is one giant oof.

    Win.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @Brady said:

    @powerbats said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Survivors are getting buffed though, gens can be done in 15 seconds thanks to prove thy self, self care faster than being healed by another player (if it makes it past PTB) there are now medium vaults, Dwight perks got really good, status effect timers no longer stack, that’s just scratching the surface. 

    No they can't, that's a bug that won't be going live and the SC change isn't going live either.

    Not doubting you, just curious. Are the SC changes confirmed to not be going live?

    Neither is going through at this time and the only changes to Legion are the stun on Frenzy cancel and the other qol one. The major ones aren't though.

  • SelSel Member Posts: 70

    @fluffybunny said:
    You need a TL;DR. Your text is way too long.

    Nerfs are needed. Chases shouldn't be nearly as long as they are

    Why's that then? If a survivor has the skill/ability/knowledge to have a long chase then why shouldn't it be long? Killers being outplayed shouldn't be something that's somehow removed from the game because of a bunch of whinging.

  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,223

    @Master said:
    The title, the 3-post author, the paragraphs and the topic made me skip most of the actual text

    Have this instead:

    I play both killer and survivor. Flashlight spamming is BS. It's so easy to avoid. Just look up.

    During animation lock? 
    Uhh... yeah...
  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

    @Sel said:

    @fluffybunny said:
    You need a TL;DR. Your text is way too long.

    Nerfs are needed. Chases shouldn't be nearly as long as they are

    Why's that then? If a survivor has the skill/ability/knowledge to have a long chase then why shouldn't it be long? Killers being outplayed shouldn't be something that's somehow removed from the game because of a bunch of whinging.

    The issue is a lot of times it isn't based on skill/ability/knowledge. They've done a lot to buff weaker killers and to aid killers who don't have a secondary power that counters loops, but my point in posting is to say killers aren't OP if you know how to play the game, even with the nerfs they've received and honestly self-care is an overrated perk that should have more downsides to use than it currently does.

  • BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,071

    @powerbats said:

    @Brady said:

    @powerbats said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Survivors are getting buffed though, gens can be done in 15 seconds thanks to prove thy self, self care faster than being healed by another player (if it makes it past PTB) there are now medium vaults, Dwight perks got really good, status effect timers no longer stack, that’s just scratching the surface. 

    No they can't, that's a bug that won't be going live and the SC change isn't going live either.

    Not doubting you, just curious. Are the SC changes confirmed to not be going live?

    Neither is going through at this time and the only changes to Legion are the stun on Frenzy cancel and the other qol one. The major ones aren't though.

    That's good.

    With the changed Self Care, I managed to get up to 133% Healing speed without a medkit. It was back to 12 seconds if you stacked Botany, ontop of Leader. [BAD WORD] insane.

Sign In or Register to comment.