We have added additional information to the upcoming Ghost Face changes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/531640/#Comment_531640
The Forum Guidelines have been updated. Please take your time to read them again! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines
The Bloodhunt has been extended to June 20th at 2pm ET! Jump in and enjoy double the bloodpoints.

Hiding the Killer Loadout

Luigifan64Luigifan64 Member Posts: 408
This one is pretty simple, only have it apply to SWF and not solo que. I don’t want to wait for however long the match decides to take, I just want to see what they had and move in to the next game. 

Comments

• SillyBillySillyBilly Member Posts: 6
    The fact that you won't add 3 random people to your steam friendlist every game to give them information that won't help you anymore. At least I wouldn't waste my time on that. Guess they won't accept the requests while in game anyways.
  • TAGTAG Member Posts: 1,757
    The fact that you won't add 3 random people to your steam friendlist every game to give them information that won't help you anymore. At least I wouldn't waste my time on that. Guess they won't accept the requests while in game anyways.
    If people are willing to use internet cheats to find people's personal info to grief them IRL, people are willing to message people killer loadout info.
  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I'm fine with it affecting solo play, too. It affects SWF so much more and if you're not willing to stay 'til after match to look at perks, they aren't that important to know.

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,252
    This one is pretty simple, only have it apply to SWF and not solo que. I don’t want to wait for however long the match decides to take, I just want to see what they had and move in to the next game. 
    The only way that would happen is if the game would differentiate SWF from Solo.
  • Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 491

@SillyBilly said:

You don't know some survivors then

Dead solo survivors don’t do this now, do they? The live scenario is no different from the PTB in that aspect.

Anyway, the game doesn’t tag players as solo or swf, so the change proposed cannot be done currently.

@Kind_Lemon said:
    @RushingSnipeBob  said:

@SillyBilly said:

You don't know some survivors then

Dead solo survivors don’t do this now, do they? The live scenario is no different from the PTB in that aspect.

Anyway, the game doesn’t tag players as solo or swf, so the change proposed cannot be done currently.

Some do, I imagine.

• Aari_Piggy66Aari_Piggy66 Member Posts: 1,053
    Hiding the information is just more balanced as it keeps the killers perks safe like uncleansed devour hope, blood warden and noed.

Trust me there are sole player out there who will inform other players of certain things.

As a killer you don't have any information on what the survivors are running until you either see it in effect or you get till the tally screen.

As a survivor as long as somebody dies that one person who could pass on information to you which doesn't seem very fair considering the point I made above.
  • RockyRocky Member Posts: 29
    edited January 14

You all argue, although they are really right. I do not want to wait to see the information after the game. And I do not want to see it in a stable branch. But at the same time I agree that this is a very good improvement. If devs want to add this, in this case they should add the story of my last 10 games. So that I could see the result of the game and the killer's perks at any time.

Rocky said:

You all argue, although they are really right. I do not want to wait to see the information after the game. And I do not want to see it in a stable branch. But at the same time I agree that this is a very good improvement. If devs want to add this, in this case they should add the story of my last 10 games. So that I could see the result of the game and the killer's perks at any time.

This is something I actually do agree with and have thought about suggesting myself.  If you introduce some history thing that tracks the results of the last X games played, then you don't need to stick around to see what perks the killer was running because you can just play another game and then just check a bit later when you know everything is done.
  • se05239se05239 Member Posts: 2,410

What does it matter if it affects you as a Solo player? If you die, you die, and if you survive, you survived.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 1,842

God, some of you guys can find problems with anything... This change was very much needed, it could not possibly be a more clear cut case. Yes, it has the downside of solo players not seeing killer loadout right after they died. This is a very small price to pay to make the game more fair.

I've seen streamers who are otherwise very nice and cool players passing on information about the killer's perks to their teammates, without even thinking for a second that this might be a scummy thing to do. I'm particularly sensitive to this question since I'm an avid Blood Warden user, and that's a perk that can be very effective if survivors don't expect it, and completely useless if they do. But the same can be said about a lot of aura reading perks, Devour Hope, NOED, Discordance and plenty more, not to mention information about mori type or some of the more discreet addons.

Guys. Just get used to it. This is a good change. Btw: how would you feel if killer had a way to know about your Dead Hard before you get to use it? Or Adrenaline, Deliverance, Unbreakable?

• ParalyKoKParalyKoK Member Posts: 55
    edited January 14

If we want to talk about Hiding the killers load out for "Balance" sake then lets be fair to the Survivors then. When a lobby is being made only show the usernames of the players and not suvivors and what they are holding in their hand. You get a lot of killers dodging lobbies because they see a group of 4 Ninja claudettes dressed in brown or a group of players rocking the same items. Why should the killer have that advantage of seeing this? Just so they can equip franklins or lightborne.. If your going to give the killers something then then take something away from them. That's how you properly balance something out. Survivors can't see the killer at the lobby screen and change their perks and add-ons with said knowledge of knowing who the killer is, so why should the Killers? I call that an unfair double Standard.

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,104

I doubt the game will be able to tell the diFFerence.

You want fair? If hiding the killers Load Out after death is fair then Hide the Survivors and their items in Pregame Lobby so killers cant change their load outs according to what they see. Giving the killers something like that and not taking anything away from them is not fair. That is what we call an unfair double standard. If we cant see their perks/addons then killers shouldn't see the team of survivors are in pregame lobby. All those killers that dodge games because 4 Claudette's are rocking flashlights.

ParalyKoK said:

If we want to talk about Hiding the killers load out for "Balance" sake then lets be fair to the Survivors then. When a lobby is being made only show the usernames of the players and not suvivors and what they are holding in their hand. You get a lot of killers dodging lobbies because they see a group of 4 Ninja claudettes dressed in brown or a group of players rocking the same items. Why should the killer have that advantage of seeing this? Just so they can equip franklins or lightborne.. If your going to give the killers something then then take something away from them. That's how you properly balance something out. Survivors can't see the killer at the lobby screen and change their perks and add-ons with said knowledge of knowing who the killer is, so why should the Killers? I call that an unfair double Standard.

They are taking away something the Survivors should have never had in the first place (the ability to reveal the Killer's entire loadout mid-game).  I think that's totally fair.
  • SorenSoren Member Posts: 369

They said specifically on stream they can't, because as for now, the game doesn't recognize if you're in SwF or solo once you opt in a lobby.

It's for the same reason you have to invite all your friends again and again when killers dodge you: the game doesn't recognize you were in a specific group so they can't save you time later.

• KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 726

0_o good lord I assume you're also someone to complain about the nerf to Combat Straps...

Look I understand you don't want to stick around for the whole match but there is NOTHING from stopping people that are solo queing from attempting to friend request a fellow survivor in a match and saying, "Hey this person is running W, X, Y, and Z for perks. Be sure to watch your backs."

It falls into the category of because people on the internet are dicks in many regards, we have to make it so no one has nice things.

• thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,055
    If you really are so curious to see what I am running, spectate until the end of the game. Otherwise GG.
  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

I don't care about seeing killers' loadout but if I cared enough, I would wait till the match ends. I feel like that is on solo survivors not on devs or killers to see the killer loadout.

It should be in this way. Any change will create more drama.

So its fair for the killer to see what Survivors is entering the lobby and what they are carrying right?
    So the kill can have that chance to change their load out but we cant see who the killer is pregame lobby?
    Again I am seeing a lot of unfair double standards here. I agree with the hiding the killer load out. Yes it is fair, but how is it fair that in a Pre-game lobby the killer can see who we are, what we are hold and therefore change their load out to accommodate them?? Again, no one is answering it, find me a logical and fair response to that because that its a load of bs that they have that advantage and survivors are getting nerfs every update.

• JigmacJigmac Member Posts: 389
    edited January 18
    ParalyKoK said:

So its fair for the killer to see what Survivors is entering the lobby and what they are carrying right?
    So the kill can have that chance to change their load out but we cant see who the killer is pregame lobby?
    Again I am seeing a lot of unfair double standards here. I agree with the hiding the killer load out. Yes it is fair, but how is it fair that in a Pre-game lobby the killer can see who we are, what we are hold and therefore change their load out to accommodate them?? Again, no one is answering it, find me a logical and fair response to that because that its a load of bs that they have that advantage and survivors are getting nerfs every update.

Oh ye, i can totally see what perks you equipped when you enter my lobby.

Grow a spine, this change was needed and makes some perks like blood warden,devour hope or haunting grounds more effective now.

Edit : dosent matter who you are playing as because survivors are just skins due to teachables perks.
  • PuddingPudding Member Posts: 70
    edited January 18

honestly i dont see why this is such a big deal... usually you can tell the perks after a lilbit in the game... if you can count up to four youre good. if you know there COULD be a noed - poof pop totems ezpz done. and noeds the only reason theyre hiding that tbh^^

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,691
    ParalyKoK said:

Survivors are skins and Killers can't see perks. If the Killer is prepares for anything its usually meta perks.
  • EbisekEbisek Member Posts: 5

@ParalyKoK said:

I' d like to frame this rant.
    Same like a HUD live status of each survivor health.

• RaizinzRaizinz Member Posts: 43

@ParalyKoK said:

False equivalence, items are complementary to perks and are almost immaterial in affecting overall gameplay. Perks decide how the trial is played, not what items you bring in with you because there's nothing stopping you from finding an item in the middle of the match after not bringing anything in there with you. No survivor should be more privileged than the killer in gaining access to seeing perks. If the killer must wait until the game is finished to see survivor perks, then so should the survivor; there are other people playing and just because one person's game ended does not mean the game has ended for everyone else. They may not be able to prevent survivors from using external comms, but they can definitely put measures in place to limit how much information can be conveyed and there is absolutely no good reason for information received after exiting the game, which is by in large the most important, should be able to be transmitted to those still in-game, giving a substantial advantage on top of one they had from the beginning of the game

ParalyKoK said:

Just switch your loadout at the last second if that bothers you so much.

Sound like killer main thinking to me, Killer should not have the ability to see what who is entering the lobby and what survivors are carrying. Regardless how you feel about it, that is a fair exchange, anything else is simple favoring the killers , as always. No surprise there. As i stated It is fair to hide the killers load out. with that in place hide the survivors from pregame lobby too. How the hell is that not hard to grasp? ffs

@Jigmac said:
    ParalyKoK said:

Oh ye, i can totally see what perks you equipped when you enter my lobby.

Grow a spine, this change was needed and makes some perks like blood warden,devour hope or haunting grounds more effective now.

Edit : dosent matter who you are playing as because survivors are just skins due to teachables perks.

I didnt disagree with the change . if you have read it properly you would have caught the part where i stated it was a fair change. so shove the grow a spine up your ass. no need to be nasty. Hiding all of the visibles(Killer loadout on escape/dead screen AND pre game lobby) is fair for both parties. I dont get how the hell you dont understamd that . maybe your a killer main like the ret of the trash campers who whiny about nerfing Dstrike.