2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Idea to make Thanataphobia useful.

No_Mither_No_ProblemNo_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,041
edited January 13 in Killers

I seem to have a strange obsession with Thana. I just want so bad for it to be good, even more so now that I'm a Legion main—you know, the only Killer that truly synergizes with Thana. I've been thinking of a good way to buff Thana for a long time now, including complete and utter reworkings. But I think there might be a simpler way.

Make Thana's speed debuffs max out at 2 Survivors, and give other debuffs when that number increases.

It's a simple buff that will greatly boost Thana's stall capability since you won't have to have all 4 Survivors injured just to get a measly 15% debuff that can be erased simply by healing. And then, after that, give other debuffs to Survivors once 3 or 4 are injured.

Here's what I had in mind:

-1 injured, dying, or hooked Survivor: repair, healing and sabotage speeds are decreased by 6/7/8%.
-2 injured, dying, or hooked Survivors: repair, healing, and sabotage speeds are decreased by 12/14/16%.
-3 injured, dying, or hooked Survivors: Great Skill Checks are no longer possible (Don't worry, Ruin haters; Great Skill Checks and Hex Skill Checks are two different things!).
-4 injured, dying, or hooked Survivors: Skill Check success zones are reduced by 10/15/20% and Skill Check fail penalties are 50/75/100% more severe.

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 489

Why not just 15% for 2 injured , 3- 23% or so , 4- 30%

• No_Mither_No_ProblemNo_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,041

@Slayer said:

Because we don't want to be the debuffs to be TOO high, even if it isn't hard to erase them. This Perk rewards you for doing the absolute most basic objective as Killer; it shouldn't be mega rewarding, just rewarding enough to be usable.

• SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 489
    edited January 13

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

@Slayer said:

Because we don't want to be the debuffs to be TOO high, even if it isn't hard to erase them. This Perk rewards you for doing the absolute most basic objective as Killer; it shouldn't be mega rewarding, just rewarding enough to be usable.

Its not mega rewarding. I like how everyone says that 15 % is weak but increase it alittle bit more and its already mega rewarding lol

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 1,452

@Slayer said:

@Slayer said:

Its not mega rewarding. I like how everyone says that 15 % is weak but increase it alittle bit more and its already mega rewarding lol

I think what he's trying to say is that we also have Dying Light and the percentages for Thana are lower but if they are tweaked wrong it could be the better version of Dying Light and stacked with it alsmost impossible to escape from. I use Thana, Dying Light, Sloppy Butcher, and Knockout sometimes and I can only imagine how devastating it is for the Survivors since I've never had it used on me.

One problem with Thanatophobia is that it is the fear of death, not blood or being injured. So this whle thing about people being injured makes little sense, I mean I get that when you're injured you're close to dying but when a Survivor dies, the perk is weakened because the status effect is lowered and not kept. It makes no sense.

I think it would be risky but what if the perk did harmful things for injured Survivors, like normal, but different or more extreme harmful things when a Survivor dies?

But anyway, for your change it's cool, I like that Great Skill checks are gone, that's new. The reduced skill check is cool too because it would go well with Unnerving Presence and Huntress Lullaby. Also adding Ruin with this would make a small Hex Skill Check and that's always powerful.

@Slayer said:

@Slayer said:

15% IS weak. But if we go anything above 20%, it will be too much. 20% means that you consume 0.8 charges a second, and since generators have 80 charges, this means that it will take 100 seconds to do one gen at base. Anything above that should not be given to the Killer simply for hitting Survivors.

edited January 13

@HatCreature said:
    One problem with Thanatophobia is that it is the fear of death, not blood or being injured. So this whle thing about people being injured makes little sense, I mean I get that when you're injured you're close to dying but when a Survivor dies, the perk is weakened because the status effect is lowered and not kept. It makes no sense.

I think it would be risky but what if the perk did harmful things for injured Survivors, like normal, but different or more extreme harmful things when a Survivor dies?

But anyway, for your change it's cool, I like that Great Skill checks are gone, that's new. The reduced skill check is cool too because it would go well with Unnerving Presence and Huntress Lullaby. Also adding Ruin with this would make a small Hex Skill Check and that's always powerful.

Well, I think the devs just chose the name "Thanatophobia" to be snazzy. And it does make sense; Survivors are injured by the Killer, and if the Killer has managed to hurt a Survivor, that means that said Survivor, and by extension everyone else, is one step closer to death. Hell, the Perk does trigger when Survivors are dying or hooked, the two health states in which Survivors are capable of dying.

@HatCreature said:

Well, I think the devs just chose the name "Thanatophobia" to be snazzy. And it does make sense; Survivors are injured by the Killer, and if the Killer has managed to hurt a Survivor, that means that said Survivor, and by extension everyone else, is one step closer to death. Hell, the Perk does trigger when Survivors are dying or hooked, the two health states in which Survivors are capable of dying.

But there are no lasting effects when someone dies. Dwight just saw his buddy Claudette get impaled by the Entity and he isn't shaken up about it, no someone actually died and he got some of his skill back.

edited January 13

@HatCreature said:

@HatCreature said:

But there are no lasting effects when someone dies. Dwight just saw his buddy Claudette get impaled by the Entity and he isn't shaken up about it, no someone actually died and he got some of his skill back.

I guess they just don't want to give permanent debuffs to Survivors when their buddies die; losing a member of the group in Dead By Daylight is already greatly slimming your chances of survival unless a large number of gens are done.

Besides, a lot of Perk don't make sense. How come when you have No Mither, you never bleed but can still bleed to death?

@HatCreature said:

@HatCreature said:

I guess they just don't want to give permanent debuffs to Survivors when their buddies die; losing a member of the group in Dead By Daylight is already greatly slimming your chances of survival unless a large number of gens are done.

Besides, a lot of Perk don't make sense. How come when you have No Mither, you never bleed but can still bleed to death?

No Mither no problem, unless you're laying on the floor lol

That was funny, I never thought about No Mither and how it's contradicting XD I getchya.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 300

ok i want the self care similar 1 from the ptb and dying light cannot be stack with it then its a deal

• ArrozArroz Member Posts: 786

@Slayer said:

4 INJURED SURVIVORS 30%... You serious?