We have added additional information to the upcoming Ghost Face changes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/531640/#Comment_531640
The Forum Guidelines have been updated. Please take your time to read them again! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines
The Bloodhunt has been extended to June 20th at 2pm ET! Jump in and enjoy double the bloodpoints.

Running hex perks is super pointless

Seriously why bother anymore when they get destroyed so easily and ruin? Lol people will still power through gens even with ruin. Like I'm so tired of running a hex perk just for it to get destroyed immediately like when will hex totems get better spawn locations?

Comments

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,691
    edited January 13
    They are working on better spots but thats kinda pointless, experienced players will memorize and destroy them just as fast as they do now.

They need a rework, even after they improved the spots we will be back to base sooner rather than later.
  • AttackfrogAttackfrog Member Posts: 802

Totem system needs rework.

Very badly.

So does DS.

• VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,826
    Vietfox said:
    Don't like them? Don't use them
    Bad game design 101: 
    Ignore bad game design
    Yeah totem placement is an issue.
    I just know op and he's basically a troll, that's why i'm being like that.
  • ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,691
    edited January 13
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Bad game design 101: 
    Ignore bad game design
    Okay then nvm.

But besides IMO Hex can be scrapped and all perks reworked with the exception of Devour Hope, cause that downside is justified. 

For example.

Ruin is unstoppable, however it will deactivate once a specific amount of hooks has been reached or someone dies. 

Lullaby will activate with a timer after each hook and no notification.

Third Seal will now apply as long as you're hurt or down, perhaps for some time after that too. 

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 424

Pretty much. Unfortunately, I tend to play low map pressure killers, so 1-2 gens will be done by the time I have the first person on the hook at my rank unless I'm running Ruin. Sometimes it's worth working with 3 perks for a majority of the game if losing 1 allows you to gain momentum early.

• LarczLarcz Member Posts: 478
    Hell no way ?!! Hex totems suck wow! Waiting for devs do somthing with this...
  • michaelmyers87michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 411
    Hex ruin when running bloody coil and iridescent stone and there’s only one tile acces to the totem with sloppy and thana is very strong 
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

Yet when they work like 5 stack DH or 1 or no gens pop etc you don't come here to the forum and complain about them working now do you? While they end some help they're high risk high reward so you have to make that choice.

• BossBoss Member Posts: 4,593

I bother with DH cause getting that one to actually pay off is satisfying asf.

• GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 684
    I remember a lot of totem spawning spots and when I don’t the killer always makes it easy to locate because that’s where they always head first. Like with the hatch heh
  • ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 668

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Vietfox said:

@ChesterTheMolester said:

Vietfox said:

Bad game design 101: 
    Ignore bad game design

Okay then nvm.

But besides IMO Hex can be scrapped and all perks reworked with the exception of Devour Hope, cause that downside is justified. 

For example.

Ruin is unstoppable, however it will deactivate once a specific amount of hooks has been reached or someone dies. 

Lullaby will activate with a timer after each hook and no notification.

Third Seal will now apply as long as you're hurt or down, perhaps for some time after that too. 

That idea for Hex: Ruin I actually really like. If they ever would get rid of the idea of totems cause they don't work that well, I'd hope they would rework Ruin to that of your suggestion. Would be a fair way to balance the perk in my opinion.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 1,966

Make them spawn inside the lockers like they used to

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 668

Using Hexes is always a risk, but I almost always use Hex: Ruin and unless they spawn right on the totem, that perk has always helped me in my opinion. If only to get some momentum with the first hook. It's still the best killer perk in my opinion.

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,379

@Schorts94 said:
    Seriously why bother anymore when they get destroyed so easily and ruin? Lol people will still power through gens even with ruin. Like I'm so tired of running a hex perk just for it to get destroyed immediately like when will hex totems get better spawn locations?

they use time cleansing them

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 4,071
    Vietfox said:
    It's even worse when you don't use Ruin because then you're not wasting any time. At least if a survivor finds it immediately, they will have to waste time cleansing it.

Overall, that's not the bigger picture! The bigger picture is that the game progresses way too fast @Vietfox! You're forced to use Ruin on the chance that it doesn't get destroyed practically instantly! Know this, OP is asking for an actual generator rework because every killer that's not Nurse needs Ruin to have a fair chance.
  • VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,826
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:
    It's even worse when you don't use Ruin because then you're not wasting any time. At least if a survivor finds it immediately, they will have to waste time cleansing it.

Overall, that's not the bigger picture! The bigger picture is that the game progresses way too fast @Vietfox! You're forced to use Ruin on the chance that it doesn't get destroyed practically instantly! Know this, OP is asking for an actual generator rework because every killer that's not Nurse needs Ruin to have a fair chance.
    @Nickenzie
    I know, i'm just trolling the troll.
  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 4,071
    Vietfox said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:

@Nickenzie
    I know, i'm just trolling the troll.
    Remember this?

• OnionthingOnionthing Member Posts: 210

I know someone has brought this up, but I'm too lazy to read every reply. If this hasn't be brought up allow me to be the first.

Hexes dont suck, but they are a gamble. I for one run hexes and have people rage quit left and right. Hexes require you to change your play-style, something most killers refuse to do. Some killers are better at using/playing-around hexes than others, because they have better map pressure etc. A Spirit running Hexes is much more deadly than a Leatherface. Far too often I watch killers ignore defending their totems and then scream when they are gone in a matter of a few seconds.

Now don't get me wrong, i have hosted games where the survivor spawns right next to my ruin totem, and that sucks. However the value of the perk is still greater to me than not running it from a statistical standpoint.

For those running hexes ask yourself:

1) Am I capable or willing to play around my totems at the cost of being aggressive toward gens. If the answer is no, then don't run hexes.

2) Do I prefer a more defensive playstyle. If the answer is "no," dont run hexes.

3) Do I want to play a high risk, high potential for reward build? Or do I want to play it safe? If you want "safe" ... don't run Hex builds.

Hex builds were never meant to be a fire and forget thing like other perks. They were meant to spic up game play and alter survivor/killer behaviors to provide a different game-play experience. MY PERSONAL COMPLAINT about hexes are that not all of them are useful. The devs have been tweaking them, and they are getting better. If I'm going to use a perk slot that can vanish in under 1 min of game-play, the effect need to be profound enough to warrant the risk. Right now two Hexes are worth it and that's Ruin and NOED. The others require some weird gimmicks or a heck of a lot of time to ramp up to be a threat. In the end it is still up to the killer to make sure they alter their style to accommodate these perks.

• DarkWo1f997DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    I don’t and have never used hex’s outside of goofing around while learning the game. I do just fine. But the initial learning experience is tough. 
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    I don’t and have never used hex’s outside of goofing around while learning the game. I do just fine. But the initial learning experience is tough. 

Same for me and only other time has been for Adepts like Hag shudder and I screwed around with NOED on Spirit but not using any other hexes.

But for the most part I don't ever run them since you rely on them like a crutch too much.

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,099

If people power through Ruin, it's still slower because the Great Skill Checks aren't giving a boost.