Home Discussions General Discussions

Why play killer when you can play survivor?

I mean you don't have to earn a win, you're a lot stronger barely any of your perks have counterplay like seriously no wonder why people main survivor more than killer

Comments

• GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,059
    Tbh, I'm not trying to encourage a survivor witch Hunt. But I have noticed it's a bit more easier pipping as Survivor unless the killer tunnels you or you're a potato. 

With gens going off at the rate they do, I've been thinking of just putting this down a bit and going back to LoL or something. I love this game but the killer is just so not in any control, the survivors pretty much have most of the power. 
  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Survivor is easier and considerably less stressful. But Killers get loads more points in a single match and more varied (even if you dont play multiple Killers) and interesting gameplay (with perks and add-ons that drastically change how you approach a match and how it goes). There is also the challenge aspect; same reason some people enjoy 3-man games.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,875

Why does this guy keep making troll posts. Oh my god.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,875

@Gardenia said:
    Tbh, I'm not trying to encourage a survivor witch Hunt. But I have noticed it's a bit more easier pipping as Survivor unless the killer tunnels you or you're a potato. 

With gens going off at the rate they do, I've been thinking of just putting this down a bit and going back to LoL or something. I love this game but the killer is just so not in any control, the survivors pretty much have most of the power. 

Just watch some YT videos of DBD 1 or 2 years ago then come back and say that survivors still have most the power. I think you need some reminding of what the hell killers used to deal with. Since right now, most the killers are in the power role. And that's the way it should be.

• EntityDispleasedEntityDispleased Member Posts: 1,449

I feel like I'm not playing the same game as the people here on the forums. On what planet is pipping as survivor easier than killer? How often do you get +2 pips as survivor? And depending on your team, you might black pip if you're lucky. As a killer, if you're good enough you'll win consistently because you have to rely on yourself rather than a team that may or may not let you down.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071
    edited January 2019

The only question is who's smurf this is posting this latest batch of troll bait threads, inquiring minds want to know. 😜

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,118
    edited January 2019
    You’ve made two threads complaining about survivors... literally check OP’s discussion history. I’d stop before you’d get marked for spam.
    A post about SWF indication.
    A post about DS nerf.
    A post about how hexes aren’t worth running.
    A post about how survivors don’t like tunneling.
    do you see where I’m going with this? My point is that you continually post discussions battering those who have a different opinion than you.
  • Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 1,207

@Schorts94 said:
    I mean you don't have to earn a win, you're a lot stronger barely any of your perks have counterplay like seriously no wonder why people main survivor more than killer

Game needs 4 survivors to every 1 killer so needs to be more appealing to the majority of people.

• RuneStarrRuneStarr Member Posts: 850

Why play only one when you can play both and have fun with either side?

One day people will stop expecting to win every match without calling whatever OP... one day

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 3,157

Maybe because some people like playing killer more? That never crossed your mind?

FYI killers don't have to earn a win either. I've seen killers walk away with tons more points than all four survivors without even getting a single kill.

• OnionthingOnionthing Member Posts: 469

Nice B8 M8 ...

Regardless, 5 reasons to play Killer:

1) Its being proactive, you need a killer to even play the darn game. Without killers you don't have a map for survivor antics. By hosting you bring the "fun."

2) Killer reward more BP in the long run. I honestly play killer to feed my survivors sometimes.

3) I'm not dependent on a handful of herp-a-derps for my wins, its all dependent on me. If i get no points, its my fault. No carries, no worries. Less stress for me.

4) While survivors are in control of the "Time" of the game, as a killer you are in control of everything else from scares, tension and yes.. even the "fun factor."

5) When you pick up a killer, it is not a clone. Survivors start of as individuals yes, but at the end of the day survivors are not unique. Killers are the iconics. If you play more than one killer and you can offer more than one type of experience. I like the variety, I get bored a lot less on killer.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Killer is harder, yes. That's why it's worth playing. Makes victory more of an achievement.
    Then there's BP of course...

Nice find though, @Watery ^^ So many people around here are whiners. On both sides, actually.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 10,407

@Schorts94 said:

You're telling me you'd rather have easy mode.
    Can someone post the Doctor recommending to get better at the game?

• VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,826
    Watery said:
    You’ve made two threads complaining about survivors... literally check OP’s discussion history. I’d stop before you’d get marked for spam.
    A post about SWF indication.
    A post about DS nerf.
    A post about how hexes aren’t worth running.
    A post about how survivors don’t like tunneling.
    do you see where I’m going with this? My point is that you continually post discussions battering those who have a different opinion than you.
    @Watery
    OP is a troll. OP makes threads about how easy is to play as survivor AND how hard is to pip as survivor.
    Btw, apparently he can't get a single kill when it's 1v3.
  • GrimGrim Member Posts: 250
    edited January 2019

@Schorts94 said:

Killers are not as weak as they used to be... By far. The only reason survivors are really considered the power role nowadays is because the killer's only counter to optimal gens is the pressure they can establish. Unfortunately for the killer, this is almost entirely outside of their control and is dictated by the survivors. Again, this wouldn't be a problem if the time constraints of an efficient team weren't so demanding. It's a good thing that games like that seldom occur unless they're an SWF -- and even then, most SWF's aren't that good.

The only real exception to this is Nurse.

TL;DR, killer's getting better.

• GamzelloGamzello Member Posts: 821
    Schorts94 said:

Sorry I’d rather play hook simulator in DBD. Either I get sabotaged or someone comes on me!!! OOO JUICY!!!
  • lasombra1979lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Very easy, I want to.

Let me know when you post your next bait thread. I will have another easy response ready and waiting.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 3,411

I'm only playing killer right now because of bp.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Schorts94 said:

Some people play those idle afk games where you get handed everything, some dont

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Schorts94 said:

Well, it's also easier to avoid the toxic SWF group berating you for all your mistakes and stuff. Get more points as killer, though, generally.

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 942
    Because for me playing as a survivor is boring.
    I just press m1 and avoid the killer. Thank to my experience as a killer I know their weaknesses and how to exploit them. The only time I end up on a hook is due bad luck or a teammate lures the killer to me and then he focus downs me. But hey, that's 2/10 games so I don't care. Go in the next game to press m1 for 5-10min. Not fun for me. I enjoy killers more due to more meaningful choices and reactionary gameplay.
  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    Cuz its about having fun and not pipping or points. Survivor is boring, killer is always fun unless you verse squadette stealthing all the time.
  • LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I like playing killer, it's fun

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 3,273

I try and balance them out, and depends on how i feel and my mood on which i want to do.