We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
Got a question about dedicated servers? Read up on all the info here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87216/status-update-dedicated-servers#latest
Stranger Things and the 3.2.0 update will release on all platforms September 17th!

Horrible engine performance..

TheRealSlimShadyTheRealSlimShady Member Posts: 79
edited January 14 in Technical Issues

Ever since i started playing DBD,last year,i've always played on Low graphics,reason being that the game looks brighter,sharper and has HORRIBLE performance from Medium-Ultra,i've never had this issue with these extremely blurred rubber-like textures that i'm having ever since the engine was updated,some matches are completely bugged like the image,others only from a far distance,it fixes when i set it to Medium,but i can't because fps and graphics look horrible on higher settings,i'm just not playing with these bugged graphics because i feel like i'm playing a PS1 game lol

PC Specs:
GTX 750 1 Giga
8 GB Ram
1 Tera HD
I5 3330 3.00 GHz

Tagged:

Comments

• TheRealSlimShadyTheRealSlimShady Member Posts: 79

It usually get worse by having the whole map with these bad textures on the maps The Game and Lery's

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 3,691

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/32214/update-2-4-0-unreal-update-performance-lighting-feedback#latest

Hi, we are aware of the issues - if you'd like to add your information to that thread, we are collating all information needed in order to assess the situation.

• AntiFlowXAntiFlowX Member Posts: 3

Thats an overall known Problem with the Unreal Engine 4 and the way it handles AA. In other Games with this engine it happens too that people get these Blurry Textures . And a Sidenote. Your PC Specs are realy Garbage for a Game with an UE4.

@AntiFlowX said:
    Thats an overall known Problem with the Unreal Engine 4 and the way it handles AA. In other Games with this engine it happens too that people get these Blurry Textures . And a Sidenote. Your PC Specs are realy Garbage for a Game with an UE4.

Garbage? Well "gamer",didn't this game always use UE4? Ready my post again

• nomorevideosnomorevideos Member Posts: 75

@TheRealSlimShady said:

@AntiFlowX said:

1GB VRAM isn't anywhere near enough for modern games. It's no surprise your game looks like that.

It's funny to see all these "gamers" writing here,don't even read or pay attention to what i say,they just see the pc specs lol

edited January 26

@nomorevideos said:

@TheRealSlimShady said:

@AntiFlowX said:

1GB VRAM isn't anywhere near enough for modern games. It's no surprise your game looks like that.

If it's the 1GB Vram,then why didn't it happen in this whole past year? i've always had this spec if you didn't read that part too..also leave this for the mods,nothing really you can do

• nomorevideosnomorevideos Member Posts: 75

@TheRealSlimShady said:

@nomorevideos said:

@TheRealSlimShady said:

@AntiFlowX said:

If it's the 1GB Vram,then why didn't it happen in this whole past year? i've always had this spec if you didn't read that part too..also leave this for the mods,nothing really you can do

Performance has gone to [BAD WORD] over the past year. Chances are they updated and "optimized" something correlating to the textures and now 1GB VRAM isn't enough anymore even on low. Honestly though please upgrade your GPU. 1GB was the bare minimum for games 2-3 years ago, you should be on at least 2GB for stable performance. There are 2GB versions of the 750. Either "upgrade" to one of those for a few bucks or just get a new GPU altogether. Even if your power supply is garbage you can upgrade to a 1050 ti without issues. It uses like 10-15 watts more than a 750, but has 4GB VRAM and is double the performance. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/3162vs3649

@nomorevideos said:

@TheRealSlimShady said:

@nomorevideos said:

@TheRealSlimShady said:

@AntiFlowX said:

Performance has gone to [BAD WORD] over the past year. Chances are they updated and "optimized" something correlating to the textures and now 1GB VRAM isn't enough anymore even on low. Honestly though please upgrade your GPU. 1GB was the bare minimum for games 2-3 years ago, you should be on at least 2GB for stable performance. There are 2GB versions of the 750. Either "upgrade" to one of those for a few bucks or just get a new GPU altogether. Even if your power supply is garbage you can upgrade to a 1050 ti without issues. It uses like 10-15 watts more than a 750, but has 4GB VRAM and is double the performance. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/3162vs3649

I get that this might be part of the plan of their optimization and upgrade,but the results are unnecessary and bad for my game,it was fine and from what i see,this is related to "page image size",limits how far textures are loaded in order to increase fps and mantain stability,but this is hurting my experience more than anything,i've seen this happening to a certain degree in almost every other dbd video i've watched.

I'm ok with this tool being part of the optimization,it's what keeps games stable for the most part,but it's too much on dbd,like i said,there's something wrong because of the way it behave,first it doesn't happen in every map or situation,it's pretty random,second,if this kinda needs a "trigger" to work,like autoresolution that depends on fps,it's bad designed since i don't have any fps issue to "trigger" this draw distance or whatever its called,basically it's downgrading or lowering my graphics when there's no reason for it..it worked fine before and this isn't needed

Not fixed,doesn't seem like devs or mods care,so?

up²

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@nomorevideos said:

@TheRealSlimShady said:

@AntiFlowX said:

It has nothing to do with his hardware. Even streamers on their big machines got this bug and I got it once too on mine

edited February 9

It's the way they coded i believe,not working how it's supposed to,draw distance has always been short and weird in this game,but this "optimization" they did messed up everything,what's weird it's how it gradually gets worse,first two or three matches the textures are fully rendered and sharp,then in the third or fourth match textures don't load or render anymore lol,also if i get lery's or the game map it instantly mess up the textures

@Master said:

@nomorevideos said:

@TheRealSlimShady said:

@AntiFlowX said:

It has nothing to do with his hardware. Even streamers on their big machines got this bug and I got it once too on mine

• ThatBigBearThatBigBear Member Posts: 2
    edited February 15

I made a post talking about the same problem, I only got able to find a similar post afterwards (This one). But in my opinion, this is not related to specs. Sure, I end up playing with terrible textures all the time because of this, but there are some random matches the textures are back to normal. If it was my specs, it's not supposed to work this way, randomly fixing itself at times, hence why it must be a glitch.

@ThatBigBear said:
    I made a post talking about the same problem, I only got able to find a similar post afterwards (This one). But in my opinion, this is not related to specs. Sure, I end up playing with terrible textures all the time because of this, but there are some random matches the textures are back to normal. If it was my specs, it's not supposed to work this way, randomly fixing itself at times, hence why it must be a glitch.

Exactly,the way the game behaves and how this issue works doesn't look like it's related to pc specs,but to something they did to the game after updating the engine,i've been ignored over and over again while trying to reach them to ATLEAST talk about my issue and see a way to fix it,but so far,nothing,game will stay this way because it's just a small fraction of players having this issue,so,they don't care that much...

@ThatBigBear said:

I believe that like me,you didn't have this problem until the last engine update right?