Home Discussions General Discussions
Hit Validation has been re-enabled. This time around, it will be left on indefinitely.
For more information, see this blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185864

Let us see the Killer ping during the match

DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
So since MLGA is kicked from EACs whitelist (probably on request of BHVR) please give us something equivalent to check the Ping during the match. 
Knowing how the Ping spikes during a chase is extremely important to judge distances you could maybe cover or not.

Comments

  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

    Whats the point though? If you rubberband = you are lagging. You cant just say "Oh, my ping is currently 250 ms, that means I have to drop the pallet/vault/use Dead Hard 150 ms sooner, derp!".

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    PigNRun said:

    Whats the point though? If you rubberband = you are lagging. You cant just say "Oh, my ping is currently 250 ms, that means I have to drop the pallet/vault/use Dead Hard 150 ms sooner, derp!".

    If the Ping is at like 30, I know that I can do another risky loop without getting hitted with "bullshit hitbox" and if I see its jumping high I don't risk another loop and drop the pallet earlier. That's optimal play of your resources.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    So since MLGA is kicked from EACs whitelist (probably on request of BHVR) please give us something equivalent to check the Ping during the match. 
    Knowing how the Ping spikes during a chase is extremely important to judge distances you could maybe cover or not.

    To increase the DC rate even more?
    Id say no

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    Master said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    So since MLGA is kicked from EACs whitelist (probably on request of BHVR) please give us something equivalent to check the Ping during the match. 
    Knowing how the Ping spikes during a chase is extremely important to judge distances you could maybe cover or not.

    To increase the DC rate even more?
    Id say no

    Why would this increase the dc rate? Doesn't make sense 
  • RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,126

    at least, it would give survivors more info for the stability of the killer's connection (can't count how many times I've had green ping lobbies turn into teleport fests) and at best, it would be a tool for both judging "real" distances like Dwight mentioned, and would give an additional layer of evidence in the event of lagswitching to boot.

    I like this idea. Even if not on the HUD, it could be nestled in with the offerings and player names in the "pause" screen.

  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,550

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Master said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    So since MLGA is kicked from EACs whitelist (probably on request of BHVR) please give us something equivalent to check the Ping during the match. 

    Knowing how the Ping spikes during a chase is extremely important to judge distances you could maybe cover or not.

    To increase the DC rate even more?

    Id say no

    Why would this increase the dc rate? Doesn't make sense 

    Actually, there's probably people who would just DC when seeing low ping in lobby and seeing high ping in game.

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    edited January 2019
    Boss said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Master said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    So since MLGA is kicked from EACs whitelist (probably on request of BHVR) please give us something equivalent to check the Ping during the match. 

    Knowing how the Ping spikes during a chase is extremely important to judge distances you could maybe cover or not.

    To increase the DC rate even more?

    Id say no

    Why would this increase the dc rate? Doesn't make sense 

    Actually, there's probably people who would just DC when seeing low ping in lobby and seeing high ping in game.

    Yeah but these people who DC with a ping indicator would probably DC aswell if they get bullshit hits without a ping indicator. I really don't see the connection between a ping indicator during the match and more DCs
  • Scgamecock86Scgamecock86 Member Posts: 474
    PigNRun said:

    Whats the point though? If you rubberband = you are lagging. You cant just say "Oh, my ping is currently 250 ms, that means I have to drop the pallet/vault/use Dead Hard 150 ms sooner, derp!".

    If the Ping is at like 30, I know that I can do another risky loop without getting hitted with "bullshit hitbox" and if I see its jumping high I don't risk another loop and drop the pallet earlier. That's optimal play of your resources.
    I got hitted the other day, it was bullshit
  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,550

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Boss said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    Master said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    
    So since MLGA is kicked from EACs whitelist (probably on request of BHVR) please give us something equivalent to check the Ping during the match. 
    
    Knowing how the Ping spikes during a chase is extremely important to judge distances you could maybe cover or not.
    
    
    
    To increase the DC rate even more?
    
    Id say no
    

    Why would this increase the dc rate? Doesn't make sense 

    Actually, there's probably people who would just DC when seeing low ping in lobby and seeing high ping in game.

    Yeah but these people who DC with a ping indicator would probably DC aswell if they get bullshit hits without a ping indicator. I really don't see the connection between a ping indicator during the match and more DCs

    I do. It's confirmation.
    Enough might bear through the occassional spike.
    But if they can see that it'll be continuous spikes that would otherwise go unnoticed due to not always having direct contact with the Killer, it'll encourage more DCs.

  • RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,126
    edited January 2019

    @Boss said:
    I do. It's confirmation.
    Enough might bear through the occassional spike.
    But if they can see that it'll be continuous spikes that would otherwise go unnoticed due to not always having direct contact with the Killer, it'll encourage more DCs.

    I mean, if there's nothing funky going on with the killers internet, it SHOULD be relatively the same as it was in the lobby. If its suddenly not for an extended period of time in game, it'd at the least be nice to have some type of positive confirmation on that.

    Of course it does apply for the survivors as well, since the killer has an individual ping to each of them. The more I extrapolate on this though, the more it feels like something that will probably end up waiting for the dedicated server update though.

  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,550

    @Ryuhi said:

    @Boss said:
    I do. It's confirmation.
    Enough might bear through the occassional spike.
    But if they can see that it'll be continuous spikes that would otherwise go unnoticed due to not always having direct contact with the Killer, it'll encourage more DCs.

    I mean, if there's nothing funky going on with the killers internet, it SHOULD be relatively the same as it was in the lobby. If its suddenly not for an extended period of time in game, it'd at the least be nice to have some type of positive confirmation on that.

    Of course it does apply for the survivors as well, since the killer has an individual ping to each of them. The more I extrapolate on this though, the more it feels like something that will probably end up waiting for the dedicated server update though.

    Oh i'm not against it, you can check ping of other players in most games.
    DCs just need more punishment overall to make that Leave Match button less appealing.

  • PinkErickaPinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Master said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    So since MLGA is kicked from EACs whitelist (probably on request of BHVR) please give us something equivalent to check the Ping during the match. 
    Knowing how the Ping spikes during a chase is extremely important to judge distances you could maybe cover or not.

    To increase the DC rate even more?
    Id say no

    Why would this increase the dc rate? Doesn't make sense 
    @DwightsLifeMatters It’s better for the survivors to only be able to see the killers ping when they’re sitting in the lobby so they can lobby dodge and not DC in the middle of the match.

    If they had the ability to see the ping while in the match at all times and if they see the ping change rapidly, then they’ll think the killer is lag switching and DC in the middle of the match leaving the other survivors to fend for themselves which is unfair.

    Its highly common for people to see ping going from red to green rapidly and deem it as “lag switching”.

    Remember, you can have good ping but it can start going bad for a short amount of times such as things like weather conditions, people downloading things onto their device while playing, & etc...
Sign In or Register to comment.