We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
Got a question about dedicated servers? Read up on all the info here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87216/status-update-dedicated-servers#latest
Stranger Things and the 3.2.0 update will release on all platforms September 17th!

Self Care Idiots

I’m sick to death of idiots I rescue from the hook, follow them intending to heal them only to have them (slowly) use self care even though I’m standing RIGHT NEXT TO THEM. Grrrr

Comments

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,836
    Fast heals matter though. Jerks like this jeopardise the team. 
  • t3hp0larbeart3hp0larbear Member Posts: 76

@DudeDelicious said:

Depends on the situation. As @powerbats said, a fast heal won't mean anything if the killer finds both of you. Wherever you ran off to to heal may not be as safe as you think. The only way you're going to know if that was the right call or not is if you feel like the team lost on the postgame screen.

• The_ManletThe_Manlet Member Posts: 396

I am guilty of that. Unless you've got We'll Make It you really aren't worth the risk that you may get greedy for a skillcheck and give our position away by screwing it up.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited January 18

@DudeDelicious said:
    I’m sick to death of idiots I rescue from the hook, follow them intending to heal them only to have them (slowly) use self care even though I’m standing RIGHT NEXT TO THEM. Grrrr

It's honestly more annoying when you don't run SC and didn't bring a medkit and they refuse to heal you. I don't usually get that in my game, though. Typically if I run up to someone, they let me heal them.

• GraviteaUKGraviteaUK Member Posts: 461
    edited January 18

@DudeDelicious said:

Depends on the build.

If they are using Max rank SC and Botany you won't heal them any faster than they can heal themselves unless you have We will make it.

Bear that in mind.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@DudeDelicious said:

BP.... ya know......

• BlackendSeaBlackendSea Member Posts: 47
     honestly yesterday I was a bit salty about this Jeff who didn’t let me heal him so I didn’t let him heal me. I had botonany, we’ll make it and a medkit yet he stopped me healing him and ran off. so when he wanted to heal me, I just used my medkit because it’s a lot faster 
  • laKUKAlaKUKA Member Posts: 286

The best perk for heal in my opinion is "We'll Make It" is sooo fast.. and the effect is maintained for a couple of minutes so you can heal another survivor.

• KurisataruKurisataru Member Posts: 433

Not everyone with selfcare heals super slow, and sometimes they just don't trust other people for whatever reason. Like if you seem like a farmer to them, or if they think you'll miss skillchecks. I use medkits over selfcare and I hate when people try to heal me because I'm an annoying person to chase sometimes and Killers usually come back to tunnel me, plus I'm holding a medkit so like why tf ya following me? Thanks for the save but go save yourself brethren.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,282

i normally follow the guy if its sloppy butcher or if the killer its tunneling so i get the hit

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,304
    they're denying me points, therefore, they have sinned and shall suffer the consequences
  • JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 735

I always give other people the chance to heal me, unless I'm in TR. I do notice that especially when bloodpoint offerings like bloody party streamers are used people actually refuse to let you heal them. Just so they can get the 400 points, lol. Should bring a toolbox and sabotage. Much faster and earns you more.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Entity bless them. They will be among the fist to meet It
  • YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 1,060
    Sometimes I run a complete heal build (self care, botany knowledge, resilience, spine chill) combined with a medipack so I can heal myself faster than a team mate allowing you to work on a gen while I heal myself up so if you notice someone doesn't want to get healed just unhook and run to the next gen.
  • jus_Ignantjus_Ignant Member Posts: 78

@GraviteaUK said:

@DudeDelicious said:

Depends on the build.

If they are using Max rank SC and Botany you won't heal them any faster than they can heal themselves unless you have We will make it.

Bear that in mind.

I'm sure I'm missing something but 50% heal speed from Self-Care (same speed for all 3 Tiers) increased by 33% by Botany Knowledge (if BK is tier 3) = regular healing speed?

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 1,060
    edited January 28
    self care = 50%
    BK = 33%
    Combined speed = 83% 
    Post edited by Yamaoka on
  • TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 482

@DudeDelicious said:

Technically speaking one person healing themselves 50% slower is just as efficient as two people healing eachother at regular speed. If they want to touch themselves just do gens. It's dumb if you have a Medkit or We'll Make It but otherwise it's not worth getting your panties in a twist.

• NoodleLegsNoodleLegs Member Posts: 323
    guilty! the reason i do this, is bc im not a priority (or i won't let anyone heal bc i have resilience and this is not happening). gens are a priority, go do them. totems too. i am the least of your worries. also, i probably watched you do gens and figure if you're good or not at skill checks. i had a kate denson run in and out of lockers until the killer (michael) came over. he downed HER and she dc'd. i escaped. it's happened to me after i unhook and they go self care but i don't care bc they know their body more than i do.
  • EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340
    I feel you. Urban evading at the edges of the map, self care against legion, wasting time in general with their spine chills...

I run Bond and whenever I see them doing nothing or irrational things I cringe. But you can still pip or black pip most of the time if you are careful yourself. Some people are just clueless.
This discussion has been closed.