Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

The problem of endgame camping

We all know, once the gates are open it's over unless you have 1 shot ability or you are the nurse. So usually, the hooked one gets camped, the mates are hovering and trade hooks and noone has really fun at this time.

As hooked survivor, I still want to have a chance, especially if this was my first hook.

And as Killer, I still want to have a chance to catch someone else without him getting so much distance after a hit that he can b-line easily to the exit gates.

Just wanted to share this issue for 
1. The devs to finally focus on this boring part of the game 
2. The survivors who gets salty in this situation to understand there is no legit way to catch someone else besides camping with open exit gates.

That's just my opinion, for me it's boring. I would be surprised if anyone has fun with the current endgame mechanics. Both, exit gates and hatch.

Comments

  • VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,826
    If i get camped when exit gates are open that probably means i didn't depip at least, so it's fine for me. I hate depipping.
  • My_DudeMy_Dude Member Posts: 132

    You do have a chance.

    Do not get caught.

    It's just that simple. No one is entitled to get a second chance if they get hooked.

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    Vietfox said:
    If i get camped when exit gates are open that probably means i didn't depip at least, so it's fine for me. I hate depipping.
    Who cares about useless pips? I only care about surviving (includes rescueing mates) and killing as Killer. Pips are irrelevant for many people till they add any kind of reward system for that.
  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    My_Dude said:

    You do have a chance.

    Do not get caught.

    It's just that simple. No one is entitled to get a second chance if they get hooked.

    Nice strawman 
  • XavierBoah17XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    End game is really a nervous rack for killers. I would say blood warden easilly allows for a more regular played end game. Surviviors gotta survive 60 more seconds before escaping is more enjoyable for both sides.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    We all know, once the gates are open it's over unless you have 1 shot ability or you are the nurse. So usually, the hooked one gets camped, the mates are hovering and trade hooks and noone has really fun at this time.

    As hooked survivor, I still want to have a chance, especially if this was my first hook.

    And as Killer, I still want to have a chance to catch someone else without him getting so much distance after a hit that he can b-line easily to the exit gates.

    Just wanted to share this issue for 
    1. The devs to finally focus on this boring part of the game 
    2. The survivors who gets salty in this situation to understand there is no legit way to catch someone else besides camping with open exit gates.

    That's just my opinion, for me it's boring. I would be surprised if anyone has fun with the current endgame mechanics. Both, exit gates and hatch.

    The only possibility for a fix is implementing a built in bloodwarden or sth in that style.
    I doubt that the devs will ever tought the endgame, they are even scared of reworking the hatch mechanic and reworking the endgame would be far more ambitious.

  • VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,826
    edited January 2019
    Vietfox said:
    If i get camped when exit gates are open that probably means i didn't depip at least, so it's fine for me. I hate depipping.
    Who cares about useless pips? I only care about surviving (includes rescueing mates) and killing as Killer. Pips are irrelevant for many people till they add any kind of reward system for that.
    I do :) that's why i said "for me".
    I know everyone has their own goals and that's perfectly fine, but if survivors' goal was to win AS A TEAM instead of just surviving matches would go way better FOR EVERYONE (survivors).
  • tt_ivi_99tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,315
    I dont really have a problem with being camped at the end-game, I just get mad when I get camped when there are 2-3 gens left.
    That doesnt mean Im against your thoughs tho, something has to be done with the end-game.
  • Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,687
    Yeah, that's definitely one of my least favorite scenarios.
    Survivor on hook, gens done or 1 gen left and they've been knocking them out at a high pace.
    I'd rather chase, but let's not pretend that's productive.
    I don't like camping, but I need the blood points, see?

    Blood warden needs a fix to be way more flexible in activation before I want to use it since it usually doesn't help much in that situation. The hook is before the gates are open.

    I ran NOED once. Fuckers cleansed it on their way out, and with SWFs, totems are an even bigger gamble.

    Rancor is more fun, but they seem to want to play around it most times.

    Not sure what they could do to fix it, though.
  • Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

    its ok to camp if the gates are open thats kinda fair but getting camped while theres still gens man i dont know what to say

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    Tru3Lemon said:

    its ok to camp if the gates are open thats kinda fair but getting camped while theres still gens man i dont know what to say

    I find it boring as killer to stand there staring with an idiot so noone can steal my meat or leaving it without getting a chance to catch someone else
  • AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,012
    Its not end game camping which is the problem. It is a mere consequence of survivors having the upper hand in the dire end.

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    AshleyWB said:
    Its not end game camping which is the problem. It is a mere consequence of survivors having the upper hand in the dire end.

    Yeah basically this. I just called it endgame camping so everyone knows that I'm referring specifically to exit gates and not hatch aswell (which is broken btw)
  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,111
    If your only goal is to survive, then no wonder you get frustrated for being hooked... 5000 points for surviving are but a useless green item in the stupid and badly designed web.
  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    Gorgonia said:
    If your only goal is to survive, then no wonder you get frustrated for being hooked... 5000 points for surviving are but a useless green item in the stupid and badly designed web.
    Who says im getting frustrated if I get hooked? The strawman arguments in this community are unreal lol
  • NickehNickeh Member Posts: 278

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Gorgonia said:

    If your only goal is to survive, then no wonder you get frustrated for being hooked... 5000 points for surviving are but a useless green item in the stupid and badly designed web.

    Who says im getting frustrated if I get hooked? The strawman arguments in this community are unreal lol

    For the love of God, stop saying "straw man", especially when half the time it's not even the correct use of the term.

    As for the topic, adding a minute to the gates could just give the unintended consequence of making that end even more drawn out. Many people don't use blood warden because a lot of the times you're still just waiting (like if survivor goes down away from exit gates).

  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,111
    The fact that you came to the forums to complain pretty much says the situation is frustrating for you... you said it was boring at first but as others commented truth came forward: you said you only care about surviving.
    I find the situation to be the most life or death momentum within the game... it’s fun and thrilling:)
  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    Nickeh said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Gorgonia said:

    If your only goal is to survive, then no wonder you get frustrated for being hooked... 5000 points for surviving are but a useless green item in the stupid and badly designed web.

    Who says im getting frustrated if I get hooked? The strawman arguments in this community are unreal lol

    For the love of God, stop saying "straw man", especially when half the time it's not even the correct use of the term.

    A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."


  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,111

    You wikipediaed you way to rank 1 there.

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    Gorgonia said:

    You wikipediaed you way to rank 1 there.

    Keep attacking the strawman, Idc anymore lol 
  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,111

    If you are the last person in the trial and it's your first hook, I would grant the survivor the chance to try and escape.
    Now, if the gates are open and you're being camped and the other 3 people can't do anything because chicken... what kind of "chance" do you expect to have? If you could unhook yourself you would be downed right away and hooked for the 2nd time... maybe you'd prefer an unhook with BT effect on, Idk... define chance if you want to find real arguments.

  • Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited January 2019

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    My_Dude said:

    You do have a chance.

    Do not get caught.

    It's just that simple. No one is entitled to get a second chance if they get hooked.

    Nice strawman 

    That's not a strawman. It's the objective reality you seem to live outside of. It doesn't matter how many different ways you ask for guaranteed second chances, you aren't getting them. If the killer wishes to remove a select individual they will always have the opportunity. To remove it means the games will lose their uniqueness and become nothing but repetitive procedure. You catch X and he escapes, you catch X again he escapes again, you catch X they die. The devs will never implement this.

  • NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    That's just my opinion, for me it's boring. I would be surprised if anyone has fun with the current endgame mechanics. Both, exit gates and hatch.

    First, there is a difference between "boring" and "unfun". I wouldn't say at all that the endgame is boring. The not-so-exciting parts of the match are repairing gens as a surv and looking for survs as a killer.

    And "unfun"? No, not at all. It's an intense interaction between survs and killer.

    Maybe you mean that the current endgame is frustrating for killers that don't have 1-shot-ability since it can be quite difficult securing a kill with open gates?

    (I'm leaving the hatch issue out of the discussion. I believe most of us agree that the hatch needs a rework.)

  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,111

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    That's just my opinion, for me it's boring. I would be surprised if anyone has fun with the current endgame mechanics. Both, exit gates and hatch.

    First, there is a difference between "boring" and "unfun". I wouldn't say at all that the endgame is boring. The not-so-exciting parts of the match are repairing gens as a surv and looking for survs as a killer.

    And "unfun"? No, not at all. It's an intense interaction between survs and killer.

    Maybe you mean that the current endgame is frustrating for killers that don't have 1-shot-ability since it can be quite difficult securing a kill with open gates?

    (I'm leaving the hatch issue out of the discussion. I believe most of us agree that the hatch needs a rework.)

    I would eliminate the hatch for situations where the doors are open and I would include a timer to force survivors to leave. Hatch would only be used if everyone but one dies and there are gens left to repair but it should be opened like you have to open the doors. Or maybe with skill checks.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

    @Tru3Lemon said:
    its ok to camp if the gates are open thats kinda fair but getting camped while theres still gens man i dont know what to say

    Its alwasy ok to camp, but the design is seriously flawed if the game forces you to camp......

  • FenrirFenrir Member Posts: 533
    We all know, once the gates are open it's over unless you have 1 shot ability or you are the nurse. So usually, the hooked one gets camped, the mates are hovering and trade hooks and noone has really fun at this time.

    As hooked survivor, I still want to have a chance, especially if this was my first hook.

    And as Killer, I still want to have a chance to catch someone else without him getting so much distance after a hit that he can b-line easily to the exit gates.

    Just wanted to share this issue for 
    1. The devs to finally focus on this boring part of the game 
    2. The survivors who gets salty in this situation to understand there is no legit way to catch someone else besides camping with open exit gates.

    That's just my opinion, for me it's boring. I would be surprised if anyone has fun with the current endgame mechanics. Both, exit gates and hatch.
    Literally just had a leatherface hold reving his chainsaw until he died
  • FenrirFenrir Member Posts: 533
    Master said:

    @Tru3Lemon said:
    its ok to camp if the gates are open thats kinda fair but getting camped while theres still gens man i dont know what to say

    Its alwasy ok to camp, but the design is seriously flawed if the game forces you to camp......

    BEHOLD the leathery hook camping face
Sign In or Register to comment.