Home Discussions General Discussions

Can we get back the old pallet break animation of Killers perspective?

DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
The old one was perfect, you could feel the power and the anger of you breaking those pallets, the camera gave such a natural feeling to that. 

The new (current) one is just so weird, can't Identifiy to it. It feels like you have external robot legs who break these pallets while you watch it in a chill mood.

I'm sure a lot of people want this back aswell, so I ask you @not_Queen if you can give this request to the team who are designing the animations?

Thank you very much

EDIT:
How it was looking back then:
 https://gfycat.com/realisticancientfairyfly

Post edited by DwightsLifeMatters on

Comments

• yesyes Member Posts: 367

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    The old one was perfect, you could feel the power and the anger of you breaking those pallets, the camera gave such a natural feeling to that. 
    The new (current) one is just so weird, can't Identifiy to it. It feels like you have external robot legs who break these pallets while you watch it in a chill mood.

I'm sure a lot of people want this back aswell, so I ask you @not_Queen if you can give this request to the team who are designing the animations?

Thank you very much

Omg yes, I do too. That's all I had to say.

• BigBadPiggyBigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678
    I honestly don’t know what the old animation looked like but I’m down! Anything to make me feel more powerful is welcome!
  • megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 735

Can you post 2 videos for comparison, the old and new animation? If you mean that one from beta or early dbd days it looks just awful. But maybe i missed a third one.

• DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    I honestly don’t know what the old animation looked like but I’m down! Anything to make me feel more powerful is welcome!
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

@DwightsLifeMatters said:

Thank you very much

EDIT:
    How it was looking back then:

Yes the new one feels really bad, just awful

I dont know why it was changed in the first place, there was absolutely no reason or gameplay impact

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Yes please revert it to the old one! Angry Myers FTW. Or angry anyone, for that matter.

• GT_Legend2GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Yeessss, that looks so goood, I joined DBD after they changed this, and I want that animation!!
  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

I want this too.

You usually come up with good stuff, hope devs see this and we get the old animation back.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I didn't know it was changed but damn I can get behind this. The Killers really feel indifferent when they break pallets. I think the only one who looks actually enraged is Myers but only from the Survivors perspective. And mah gaw, look at Wraith's leg.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I liked the old one as well and I'm wondering if the chane was the result of the way the new engine update handles things.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,183
    Yes please, you could really feel the anger that came from just looking at their leg. It was as if they would stop at nothing to catch their prey. This animation needs to be back. It shows the rage that the killer has inside of them, it sure would be good to have back.
  • xP3nnyWizexP3nnyWize Member Posts: 282

I agree with all of this. The animations need to be in some way reworked. And reverted to the old ones that were better. Hopefully a mod or developer sees this .<3

• DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662

@Patricia can you ask the devs if they can do this for us? Many will appreciate to get the old one back.

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

• NurseMainBTWNurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

I would love to see it since I joined DBD in the spirit patch and I never had a chance to see the old animation.

I must say that many other things should be revamped: healing animation, repairing animation, killers breaking gens etc. etc.

Literally I love the detail in this game and it bugs me that some animations were better than now or could be improved and look really nice. I know they can't just do animations they have better things to do, but it definitely feels satisfying having certain animations work, and look really good especially for killer because you look powerful and scary.

Lord please I hope any community manager or Dev is reading this! <3 :(

• MrChubChubMrChubChub Member Posts: 195
    edited March 2019

doesn't the trapper still have it? they made it different for every killer, like wraith breaks it with his foot in the middle of screen and billy uses a bit more power, i honestly don't mind them now

EDIT: now that i look closer, the killer actually moves his hands when breaking it, this was changed when they gave killers first person animations

Difference for these animations: https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/86ih8h/bring_back_the_old_pallet_breaking_animation/

Still the camera movement and everything says it. That the old one looked more powerful.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 2,123

They really do look good. I've never seen this before.

• EntityDispleasedEntityDispleased Member Posts: 1,449

The old animation with the old 40% brutal strength looked like pure rage and anger. It was amazing.

Exactly. I just don’t understand why they are now really odd looking. And didn’t keep the normal good looking ones.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,507
    edited March 2019

I'm not a guy who notices details a lot, but i think i see a tiny screen shake on the second kick?

That's nice detail, makes it feel like your Killer feels the pressure of breaking wood.

Edit: Hah, nevermind, just noticed in the Reddit post that the new one has that as well.

Still, the old one has the leg positioned in the right location and you can see how your arms move, which move in a way that makes it look like you put both your strength and weight into it.

With the new animation, it feels like you're doing what Tru3 always says: Bop, bop.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 1,608

I'm sure by now we can get a better animation than the old one, one that looks aggressive and violent