Home Discussions General Discussions

What's the point of mystery boxes in the bloodweb?

DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
Either remove them or make it much cheaper. Otherwise it's just a waste of time (cuz it takes longer to "open" the box) and a waste of bloodpoints. 
I got countless mist offerings in my killer bloodwebs of mystery boxes, absolute waste.

Comments

• redsopine01redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Thats why they have added in colours to the boss so you know if it's gonna be on offering leval or map kind
  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    Thats why they have added in colours to the boss so you know if it's gonna be on offering leval or map kind
    What? It's still random besides the rarity.
  • redsopine01redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Yup if you want to avoid the mists just hit the green ones
  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 5,314

if you dont want them, dont buy them?
    no one forces you to spend your BP on them, unless your unlucky and the entitus refused to eat it.

and tbh, they are not a waste of BP, due to the fact that you get a guaranteed item / offering / add on of the rarity the box had. there is even a chance to get a better item for a lower price.

i have no problems with them

And why should this be better? Getting lerrys map offering or other crap on billy for example?
    Mister_xD said:

if you dont want them, dont buy them?
    no one forces you to spend your BP on them, unless your unlucky and the entitus refused to eat it.

and tbh, they are not a waste of BP, due to the fact that you get a guaranteed item / offering / add on of the rarity the box had. there is even a chance to get a better item for a lower price.

i have no problems with them

It is a waste if you get stuff you never use on certain killers. Stop defending bad design lol. How much RNG do we really need? It's useless.
  • DigwiidDigwiid Member Posts: 203

I just wish we still had a nerfed version of the christmas presents, it was great seeing higher rarity stuff pop out of the boxes, while right now the current "mystery" boxes contain mist most of the time or the rarity add-onitem the box is colored as.
    Maybe not have them as insane as during christmas but it'd be nice to have an occasional black ward or something pop out of a common box.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,123

@Digwiid said:
    I just wish we still had a nerfed version of the christmas presents, it was great seeing higher rarity stuff pop out of the boxes, while right now the current "mystery" boxes contain mist most of the time or the rarity add-onitem the box is colored as.
    Maybe not have them as insane as during christmas but it'd be nice to have an occasional black ward or something pop out of a common box.

yeah i'd be ok with the boxes if they were like the holiday ones, i.e 3k cost and can contain an item of any rarity

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 5,947
    Cause the achievement exists ;)
  • AjritokaAjritoka Member Posts: 599
    edited January 2019
    Actually, the rarity of the Mystery Box is just supposed to give you a baseline idea of what type of reward you can get. You might still be lucky and get a reward 1 rarity up from what was advertised, or be unlucky and get a reward 1 rarity down.
    Milo said:
    Cause the achievement exists ;)
    Only because of an useless achievement we get this crap? Amazing.
    Actually, the rarity of the Mystery Box is just supposed to give you a baseline idea of what type of reward you can get. You might still be lucky and get a reward 1 rarity up from what was advertised, or be unlucky and get a reward 1 rarity down.
    Doesn't happen anymore.
  • RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Either remove them or make it much cheaper. Otherwise it's just a waste of time (cuz it takes longer to "open" the box) and a waste of bloodpoints. 
    I got countless mist offerings in my killer bloodwebs of mystery boxes, absolute waste.
    They are fun. Don't be a bitter old fart :chuffed:
    RoKrueger said:
    They are fun. Don't be a bitter old fart :chuffed:
    What exactly is fun about that?
  • TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Loot boxes are fun.
    It adds a degree of ambiguity to the bloodweb which can be exciting. It also gives a player a chance to get more bang for their buck with their Bloodpoints if they feel lucky. (Mystery Boxes have a chance of containing items of higher rarity.)

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,506

The point is to get something random.