Home Discussions General Discussions

New Perk Idea

Lingering Hex

Your Hex Totem's power have a habit of staying even after they are broken. When a Hex Totem is cleansed, the effect of the hex totem remains for 40/50/60 seconds.

Explaining How it would affect the individual Hex perks Hex perks

Devour Hope: Continue to gain tokens and have the effects of the perk for the time window.
Huntress Lullaby: Continue to gain tokens and skill checks will be affected for the time window.
Ruin: Effect of ruin will remain for the time window.
Third Seal: Can still apply the Blindness and survivors affected by blindness will still be affected during the time window.
Thrill of the Hunt: Still Gives bloodpoints and slowing cleansing speed for each dull totem remaining. The notification will also remain during time window
NOED: If the NOED totem is destroyed at the end then it remains for the time window. However, if all totems are cleansed before the end, NOED fails to activate so NOED is ignored by this perk

Haunted Ground is the hard one to balance so it is the one i would like people's opinions on the most. I do not think extending the time of the exposed effect would be a good idea since it would be OP for a 80-120 second long exposed effect. At the same time, the idea of this perk makes it appear the power of the Hex totems remains for 40-60 seconds after being cleansed and since haunted ground triggers after being cleansed, should it delay haunted ground during time window. What about the 2nd trapped hex totem, should it remain too or stay. Maybe should this perk ignore haunted grounds?

Also this perk does not create a hex totem on it's own

Thoughts?

Comments

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Yeah there was another post with a similar idea where each broken Hex had a smaller lingering effect after being destroyed. I think it's a good idea.Their idea had a certain effect for each totem while yours has it still in effect for 60 seconds afterwards. That's cool but I think it should just have a lesser permanent effect so you can still use the perk but not as powerful.

• ArrozArroz Member Posts: 1,433

@RandomGuy said:
    Lingering Hex

Your Hex Totem's power have a habit of staying even after they are broken. When a Hex Totem is cleansed, the effect of the hex totem remains for 40/50/60 seconds.

Explaining How it would affect the individual Hex perks Hex perks

Devour Hope: Continue to gain tokens and have the effects of the perk for the time window.
    Huntress Lullaby: Continue to gain tokens and skill checks will be affected for the time window.
    Ruin: Effect of ruin will remain for the time window.
    Third Seal: Can still apply the Blindness and survivors affected by blindness will still be affected during the time window.
    Thrill of the Hunt: Still Gives bloodpoints and slowing cleansing speed for each dull totem remaining. The notification will also remain during time window
    NOED: If the NOED totem is destroyed at the end then it remains for the time window. However, if all totems are cleansed before the end, NOED fails to activate so NOED is ignored by this perk

Haunted Ground is the hard one to balance so it is the one i would like people's opinions on the most. I do not think extending the time of the exposed effect would be a good idea since it would be OP for a 80-120 second long exposed effect. At the same time, the idea of this perk makes it appear the power of the Hex totems remains for 40-60 seconds after being cleansed and since haunted ground triggers after being cleansed, should it delay haunted ground during time window. What about the 2nd trapped hex totem, should it remain too or stay. Maybe should this perk ignore haunted grounds?

Also this perk does not create a hex totem on it's own

Thoughts?

Agree. But why not better make this work on all totems like vigil, streetwise and leader It it's include in the perk.. Oh and 40 for tier 1 umm, I dont agree. Better 30/45/55 Seconds

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I had something like this. If you want I can link my idea to this thread.