Killer d/c

blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,089

Why are survivors still being punished for when a killer disconnects? Lose your bloodpoints and offerings?
Makes sense

Guess the only option is to always let them get you so they don't get frustrated and leave.

Comments

  • KilligmaKilligma Member Posts: 342

    It is a connection issue, once the Killer DCs there is no further communication between the players so items are lost. Once dedicated servers roll around the issue will be easier to attend to.

  • blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,089

    Ooof okay. I really hope so. Had a game with multiple party streamers, and when I was inches from escaping they left. Extremely upsetting.

  • KilligmaKilligma Member Posts: 342

    @blue4zion said:
    Ooof okay. I really hope so. Had a game with multiple party streamers, and when I was inches from escaping they left. Extremely upsetting.

    Unfortunately it is just the risk you have to run when using high quality offerings. My best advice is to wait til double BP events or community events to use them. In my experience you get less DCs since everyone wants to grind at that point in time.

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    U don't lose anything. It's a visual bug, you still have your stuff.
  • blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,089

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    U don't lose anything. It's a visual bug, you still have your stuff.

    I keep my item, But I always still lose the points and offerings.

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    blue4zion said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    U don't lose anything. It's a visual bug, you still have your stuff.

    I keep my item, But I always still lose the points and offerings.

    What do you mean with points? Bloodpoints or Pips? 
  • blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,089

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    blue4zion said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    U don't lose anything. It's a visual bug, you still have your stuff.

    I keep my item, But I always still lose the points and offerings.

    What do you mean with points? Bloodpoints or Pips? 

    Bloodpoints, I did get player exp tho. Forgot to look if I got my emblems

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    blue4zion said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    blue4zion said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    U don't lose anything. It's a visual bug, you still have your stuff.

    I keep my item, But I always still lose the points and offerings.

    What do you mean with points? Bloodpoints or Pips? 

    Bloodpoints, I did get player exp tho. Forgot to look if I got my emblems

    It's a visual bug, in fact you get +5000 escape points on top of the points you gained during the match if the Killer DCs 
  • BigBadPiggyBigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

    @blue4zion said:
    Ooof okay. I really hope so. Had a game with multiple party streamers, and when I was inches from escaping they left. Extremely upsetting.

    If they dc late in game you get too keep the bloodpoints and all that other stuff, you just lose the offerings. Unless they end up disconnecting from the loading screen, then you lose everything.

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662

    @blue4zion said:
    Ooof okay. I really hope so. Had a game with multiple party streamers, and when I was inches from escaping they left. Extremely upsetting.

    If they dc late in game you get too keep the bloodpoints and all that other stuff, you just lose the offerings. Unless they end up disconnecting from the loading screen, then you lose everything.

    I never lost an item if the killer DCs during the loading screen, but that happens not very often so I could be just lucky 
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    I never lost an item if the killer DCs during the loading screen, but that happens not very often so I could be just lucky 

    There's a bug/exploit that will take away your items, and some assholes are (ab)using it.

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    Orion said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    I never lost an item if the killer DCs during the loading screen, but that happens not very often so I could be just lucky 

    There's a bug/exploit that will take away your items, and some assholes are (ab)using it.

    Really? Well, luckily this never happenend to me. Sounds really disgusting if you bring some rare stuff and offerings into the match for nothing.
    But I assume killers only do that if someone or all do a last second switch, so it's kinda deserved lol
Sign In or Register to comment.