2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Rotating timers

EntitàEntità Member Posts: 1,019
edited March 12 in Balance feedback
Why does the Premonition's cooldown timer rotate clockwise, while Quick & Quiet's one counterclockwise?

Would not it be better to give different meanings to the two directions of rotation?
For example:
1) clockwise: duration of the perk effect (Distortion, Sprint Burst...) and other "positive" perk-related events;
2) counterclockwise: perk cooldown (Premonition, Quick & Quiet...) or loading (Diversion, Stake Out...) and other "negative" perk-related events. :)

The same convention should also be applied to the Status Effects icons and to all the other rotating timers.
Post edited by Entità on

Comments

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 1,468

i have never noticed that...

would be a nice QoL change for sure.

• JanTheManJanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Keen eye on this one.
  • EntitàEntità Member Posts: 1,019
    @Mister_xD @JanTheMan Yes, it's a small detail, a small useful detail to improve the symbols fast readability. :)
    Other opinions? :)
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 2,029

Good idea!
    I mean it wouldn't matter that much.
    Most perks have that acitvation, don't have cooldown (or have it in diffrent icons read exhaustion) and vice versa

*I guess DWM has both.

Milo said:

Good idea!
    I mean it wouldn't matter that much.
    Most perks have that acitvation, don't have cooldown (or have it in diffrent icons read exhaustion) and vice versa

*I guess DWM has both.

It's just a matter of having a better visual comprehension of the perks functioning, especially if you combine in the same build two perks with the same rotating timers, which nevertheless represent different effects.

DWM stands for...? :)
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 6,429

Tapps perk does the same thing but I can't remember which way it goes but when they're not all the same it's confusing.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 341

@powerbats said:
    Tapps perk does the same thing but I can't remember which way it goes but when they're not all the same it's confusing.

Indeed, this would be the kind of qol update that would make understanding the game easier.

@Kind_Lemon Exactly, this quality of life improvement makes the game more user-friendly, helping especially new players and people who need to read their HUD in just a second, because they are in chase. :)
    edited February 23
    @not_Queen @Patricia Provided the Community likes my simple proposal to improve the quality-of-life of the game, then I hope to see it implemented with 2.6.0 patch. :)
    Post edited by Entità on

Could the lucky PC players kindly tell me if the rotating timers got the QoL improvement described in the OP with the 2.6.0 PTB? :)