If you want to be part of the dedicated servers Player Test Build, you will need to update the PTB to 2.7.0a. The dedicated servers will be turned on the PTB without a patch. As long as you have the 2.7.0a version of the PTB, you will be able to test dedicated servers.
Patch notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/59071/2-7-0-mid-chapter-player-test-build

Vigil buff to make Exhaustion slowly but surely recover while running.

Vert3xVert3x Member Posts: 75

I recently started using Vigil again to test out how it feels, and yeah, it is definitely not worth it to use it for how it is now, so one really simple thought that I had about it was to make that 20% bonus apply no matter what.

Now, before I explain better, I would like to point out that I don't want to specifically refer to cases in which you're the perk holder or in which you're being given the buffs of the perk by someone else via range, but I'd rather talking specifically about the effects that the perk applies and how to possibly improve them.

So, what Vigil does is grabbing those 5 negative status effects, check if you're affected by them and if they're timed effects and if they are, it's gonna apply a 20% bonus speed in recovering from them.
The thing is, specifically referring to Exhaustion, when the standard recovery speed of the effect is set to 0% (after the nerf that Exhaustion got back in July, while running it's always gonna be set to 0%), Vigil isn't gonna increase that for some "proportionality priority" reasons.

Well, my point is that exactly those proportionality priority reasons should be worked around to just make sure that while you're running and you're affected by Exhaustion (with Vigil on), you should recover at 0% + 20% = 20% the normal recovery speed, that way you'd make the perk less useless, and at the same time you wouldn't get to the old 50% recovery speed which kind of sucked to deal with as killer, especially when it came down to Sprint Burst.

Let me know if you guys like this idea, I think that this perk is currently not overly bad, but it's definitely been forgotten by people and that's kind of sad since it used to be way more useful back in the days.

Comments

• No_Cluie_LouisNo_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 863

this is a very well thought out and good idea, that isn't op

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 1,647

It'd have to an extremely low percentage.

• ArrozArroz Member Posts: 973

@Vert3x said:
    I recently started using Vigil again to test out how it feels, and yeah, it is definitely not worth it to use it for how it is now, so one really simple thought that I had about it was to make that 20% bonus apply no matter what.

Now, before I explain better, I would like to point out that I don't want to specifically refer to cases in which you're the perk holder or in which you're being given the buffs of the perk by someone else via range, but I'd rather talking specifically about the effects that the perk applies and how to possibly improve them.

So, what Vigil does is grabbing those 5 negative status effects, check if you're affected by them and if they're timed effects and if they are, it's gonna apply a 20% bonus speed in recovering from them.
    The thing is, specifically referring to Exhaustion, when the standard recovery speed of the effect is set to 0% (after the nerf that Exhaustion got back in July, while running it's always gonna be set to 0%), Vigil isn't gonna increase that for some "proportionality priority" reasons.

Well, my point is that exactly those proportionality priority reasons should be worked around to just make sure that while you're running and you're affected by Exhaustion (with Vigil on), you should recover at 0% + 20% = 20% the normal recovery speed, that way you'd make the perk less useless, and at the same time you wouldn't get to the old 50% recovery speed which kind of sucked to deal with as killer, especially when it came down to Sprint Burst.

Let me know if you guys like this idea, I think that this perk is currently not overly bad, but it's definitely been forgotten by people and that's kind of sad since it used to be way more useful back in the days.

Really like it!

• JuyaJuya Member Posts: 49

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

It's hard to tell if you're sarcastic or not...

Either way I agree, this is a really good idea!

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 3,431

It would be far too long though.

@Juya said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

It's hard to tell if you're sarcastic or not...

Either way I agree, this is a really good idea!

Lol i realised when i wrote it that it sounded sarcastic, it isn't though

I wish more people would see this, it's amazing

@Kurisataru said:
    Yells in potato
    BUT SURVIVROS R 42 OP LOOPS PALETTES CLAUDETTES DECISIVE TEABAGGING SWF HAVE TO CAMP THEM HOW DARE THEY RECOVER FROM EXHAUSTION WHILE RUNNING THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE EXHAUSTED I WILL CAMP EVEERYONE WITH VIGIL NOW

Good idea though, I'd love it.

You make laugh XDD, if killers main see this post they are just gonna cry..

• TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 468

It's been suggested a billion times and my response is always the same: it doesn't fix the fact that Vigil basically doesn't do anything other than make Exhaustion slower since 95% of debuffs in this game are not time based.

• Vert3xVert3x Member Posts: 75

@TigerKirby215 said:
    It's been suggested a billion times and my response is always the same: it doesn't fix the fact that Vigil basically doesn't do anything other than make Exhaustion slower since 95% of debuffs in this game are not time based.

I agree with that, but at least I'd get better. Also yeah, there's just some rare cases in which you get some timed bad effects. Maybe they should also make that work on the Hindered effect that the Clown's bottles give you, even though it's not like that killer needs any nerf.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 568

No.
    /thread

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

I was just waiting for the that typical kind of player that denies any chance to survivors.
    Now tell me what you think that is overpowered about this, since that's you guys' standard pattern.

• perotxperotx Member Posts: 77

I think it's a decent idea that would buff a sub-par perk. It's not very powerful(It would take you over 3 minutes of running to get rid of exhaustion from level 3 perks!), but it could be helpful in some situation.

• KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 1,095

Flashbacks to infinite Sprint Burst Loops

@Vert3x said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

I was just waiting for the that typical kind of player that denies any chance to survivors.
    Now tell me what you think that is overpowered about this, since that's you guys' standard pattern.

Excuse me? How did he deny any chance for survivors? What’s your rank?

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 2,379

"I wonder if they increased the % to like 40% would that be too good?

Tier 3 exhaustion would come back in 24 seconds IF NOT RUNNING"

• TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 468

@Vert3x said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

I agree with that, but at least I'd get better. Also yeah, there's just some rare cases in which you get some timed bad effects. Maybe they should also make that work on the Hindered effect that the Clown's bottles give you, even though it's not like that killer needs any nerf.

It does affect Clown's bottles. The thing is that reducing a 1.5 second slow by 20% only shaves about an 18th of a second off the total time.

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

Typical killer main who wants to survivors receive all the nerf and killers the buff, remember this is asymetrical, both sides need to be balanced ;)

@KiraElijah said:

They weren't really infinite loops, they simply happened to use Sprint Burst mid-chase when they had already recovered a part of Exhaustion, which is what could happen with the change that I have in mind.> @KiraElijah said:

@Vert3x said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

What are you even talking about? Of course my rank is 1, and what I'm saying is that as soon as one comes up with a good idea for a survivor perk some killer mains will have to be dicks about it and deny anything that could possibly be interesting for survivors.

@Arroz said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

Typical killer main who wants to survivors receive all the nerf and killers the buff, remember this is asymetrical, both sides need to be balanced ;)

That one kind of killer main is not capable of reasoning with as much logic, I think you're going too far with him, saying hard words like "asymmetrical" is already op to him, he's already feeling confused and oppressed.

@Vert3x said:

@KiraElijah said:

They weren't really infinite loops, they simply happened to use Sprint Burst mid-chase when they had already recovered a part of Exhaustion, which is what could happen with the change that I have in mind.> @KiraElijah said:

@Vert3x said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

What are you even talking about? Of course my rank is 1, and what I'm saying is that as soon as one comes up with a good idea for a survivor perk some killer mains will have to be dicks about it and deny anything that could possibly be interesting for survivors.

@Arroz said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

That one kind of killer main is not capable of reasoning with as much logic, I think you're going too far with him, saying hard words like "asymmetrical" is already op to him, he's already feeling confused and oppressed.

Yeah, killers just want to they side be strong than other (some survivors too), this idea is really good because we need to sacrifice 1 perk slot and it dont recover on chases.. he just want to all top survivor perks be nerfed, I think he/she dont remember Iridiscent Head (broken af for the [BAD WORD] huntress hitbox), EW3 infinite, Noed, Rancor, Ebony Mori, Insta bily chainsaw, etc.."Killers are weak"

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,164

I'm not sure it's possible the way you explained because they would need to change how the buff is calculated (usually they are multiplicative), but sure it would be a welcome change to make the perk not a joke anymore.

edited January 29

@White_Owl said:
    I'm not sure it's possible the way you explained because they would need to change how the buff is calculated (usually they are multiplicative), but sure it would be a welcome change to make the perk not a joke anymore.

For the most part, I'm assuming that actually while running but being affected by Exhaustion, you first get given the 20% buff to your recovery speed (standard = 100%) getting to 120% and then it all gets reset to 0%.

I'm quite sure that before the Exhaustion nerf indeed, what used to happen was getting 100% standard + 20% Vigil = 120% and then it got divided by 2, getting to recover at 60% while running.

• TreemanXDTreemanXD Member Posts: 3,189
    I play both sides a lot (mainly survivor) and I think this would result in the (almost) infinite sprint burst loop. Exhaustion is fine the way it is.
    Arroz said:

@Vert3x said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Vert3x said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

@Arroz said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

Yeah, killers just want to they side be strong than other (some survivors too), this idea is really good because we need to sacrifice 1 perk slot and it dont recover on chases.. he just want to all top survivor perks be nerfed, I think he/she dont remember Iridiscent Head (broken af for the [BAD WORD] huntress hitbox), EW3 infinite, Noed, Rancor, Ebony Mori, Insta bily chainsaw, etc.."Killers are weak"

Do you only play survivor? You really just seem like a biased survivor main.

@Vert3x said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Vert3x said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

@Arroz said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

That one kind of killer main is not capable of reasoning with as much logic, I think you're going too far with him, saying hard words like "asymmetrical" is already op to him, he's already feeling confused and oppressed

You say he can’t apply logic, however you just insult people who don’t agree with you?... Also, once again. How did he deny all chance to survivors?? Survivor is pretty easy, Killer is infuriating.

@Vert3x said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Vert3x said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

@Arroz said:

@Acromio said:
    No.
    /thread

That one kind of killer main is not capable of reasoning with as much logic, I think you're going too far with him, saying hard words like "asymmetrical" is already op to him, he's already feeling confused and oppressed

You say he can’t apply logic, however you just insult people who don’t agree with you?... Also, once again. How did he deny all chance to survivors?? Survivor is pretty easy, Killer is infuriating.

However I don’t find either role infuriating I can agree that he is just insulting people with a different POV.
  • KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 708
    Arroz said:

Killer main here myself though my face is dry. Honestly though I've got no issue with the idea of Vigil allowing it at a MUCH slower rate while running, but also as @TigerKirby215 said, people will only use it for the Exhaustion benefit and nothing else.

With a name like Vigil I imagine it being something to promote a Flight or Fight response in a survivor, so perhaps rework it so that instead of healing faster from blind and mangled (since let's be honest the only real aggravating versions versions of those are permenant) let's have it also boost detection perks. Faster cooldown on Prem, longer range from Spine Chill, perhaps a SLIGHT increase to the aura detection time of Dark Sense and Alert. Have these in addition to the slow restoration of Exhaustion while running and I see it working just fine.
    edited January 30

@Khroalthemadbomber said:
    Arroz said:

Killer main here myself though my face is dry. Honestly though I've got no issue with the idea of Vigil allowing it at a MUCH slower rate while running, but also as @TigerKirby215 said, people will only use it for the Exhaustion benefit and nothing else.

With a name like Vigil I imagine it being something to promote a Flight or Fight response in a survivor, so perhaps rework it so that instead of healing faster from blind and mangled (since let's be honest the only real aggravating versions versions of those are permenant) let's have it also boost detection perks. Faster cooldown on Prem, longer range from Spine Chill, perhaps a SLIGHT increase to the aura detection time of Dark Sense and Alert. Have these in addition to the slow restoration of Exhaustion while running and I see it working just fine.

I’d totally use this in my build, Spine Chill, Dark Sense, Urban, then this. However, It’d be fine w/o the running change

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 1,647

@KiraElijah said:

I don't want that shit back.