ERROR CODE 300

FlowntuFlowntu Member Posts: 3

This will never get fixed, will it?

Comments

• FlowntuFlowntu Member Posts: 3

Every time I play or when I finish a game it always shows error code 300, and I lose all progress. Sometimes I can quickly outsmart behaviour and leave the game before they beat me to it. Other times they get the jump on me and the big bad error code appears before I can do anything. Apparently it can be due to security issues, and some people solved it by turning on VPN. Is this the only way you can play this game in the UAE?![]

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 6,056

@Flowntu said:

Where are you trying to connect from since this might be your country blocking certain addresses and the work around for people in both UAE and Russia was to use a VPN.

• FlowntuFlowntu Member Posts: 3

@powerbats said:

@Flowntu said:

Where are you trying to connect from since this might be your country blocking certain addresses and the work around for people in both UAE and Russia was to use a VPN.

Yeah, I am living in the UAE

@Flowntu said:

@powerbats said:

@Flowntu said:

Ok there was a post a month or so ago from people living in the UAE and it was a country blocking thing only solvable by using a VPN.

This is from the PS4 forums but apparently it worked for some PC users as well and 1 option would work for some but not others but the 2nd one would.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/31262/save-error-code-300

• maadoo97maadoo97 Member Posts: 4

@powerbats said:

@Flowntu said:

@powerbats said:

@Flowntu said:

Ok there was a post a month or so ago from people living in the UAE and it was a country blocking thing only solvable by using a VPN.

This is from the PS4 forums but apparently it worked for some PC users as well and 1 option would work for some but not others but the 2nd one would.

Sometimes playing with VPN will cause others to lag and call you a lag switcher...
    and yeah , this is not a way to play the game , i play from UAE and ive reported this issue to behavior and they keep asking for my patience since like 6 months and no proper reply from them till now..

@maadoo97 said:

@powerbats said:

@Flowntu said:

@powerbats said:

@Flowntu said:

Sometimes playing with VPN will cause others to lag and call you a lag switcher...
    and yeah , this is not a way to play the game , i play from UAE and ive reported this issue to behavior and they keep asking for my patience since like 6 months and no proper reply from them till now..

Well this isn't a BHVR thing though as much as it is a thing with other countries since Russia had the same thing. What's happening is they're blocking certain domains due to I believe it was mentioned as censorship reasons.

Someone on the Steam forums in the UAE posted about it and they were told on their end it was a domain blocking issue. Once dedicated servers come out it should hopefully help.