Home Discussions General Discussions

The problem with NOED [RANT]

FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,069
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

[EDIT]: This is a 2nd time edited post regarding the issues with NOED from my point of view.

[Introduction]: NOED itself can be a very useful perk when it comes to end game potential in a trial. Combined with Blood warden, and Remember me can leave a devastating end game build. The issue I want to address here today is the abusive tendency the perk can yield in the hands of a killer that want to display a more... Unpleasant outlook towards survivors.

[What is NOED?]: NOED or "No One Escapes Death" Is a end game perk that activates when all generators on the map have been repaired and power is restored to the exit gates. It can give a boost in speed from 2%/3%/4% while all iterations also give the "Exposed" ability.

[Why is it an issue?]: Before it was buffed, the perk itself was utilized as an end game potential for any killer to utilize and secure a kill before all/any remaining survivors flee through the exit gates. The perk itself it not the issue per-say, its how it is used is the problem. While the perk boosts impressive capability's, it's more commonly used now in the hands of killers that intend to spite any survivor they come across. Now of course not every killer who uses NOED is intending this, some killers use it just to gain a upper hand if the match is not going well OR to help certain killers such as The Clown, Freddy, Trapper, or etc who require more help. These killers are primarily M1 killers that could very well use this extra help as they're more commonly not able to handle certain survivor teams that know what they're doing.

To say the perk itself is overpowered is not true, it can easily be snuffed out by cleansing every totem on the map before all the generators are active, as it requires one dull totem on the map to turn into a Hex totem. No, the issue itself is the stigma behind the perk itself. It's not easy to determine what killer uses NOED, so as such its impossible to really determine the killer you're facing will have it. But that fact alone can bring a team to its downfall as most solo survival teams don't think ahead to cleanse all dull totems. So as a result some survivors can be killed at the end for this mistake.

Another issue is who its in the hands of. In the hands of say a noob its to be expected that they MIGHT not have grasped the concept of how certain mechanics work yet in the game, as such the perk is a great help to support them in the end game if they are not doing well. In the hands of say a toxic killer this can lead to some problems. This games community has always had a issue with toxicity, and as such some toxic players will find a way to "get a reaction" out of certain people. So as such they will use NOED, Ruin, Etc to get such reaction Post-game. Of course this won't always go to plan since not every killer is perfect, so some matches itself will be poorer than others. But the intention itself is the issue i'd like to address.

[Possibility for change]: Now this is a tricky one. The perk itself has always been the way it is but never to this degree since the buff. I hardly saw it used unless on end game builds before the buff, but it was I've come to see it more often used among any player. I think of the perk itself like Ruin, its just very common place no a days. While its easy to correct the issue of Ruin, NOED is a bit more tricky depending on your team.

Perhaps the perk itself could be redone to have a lasting effect such as haunted grounds during end game. Or it could just have a one time exposed effect on whoever it hits the first time. The discussion for ideas is up to anyone in the comment section really.

[Conculsion]: The problem itself relies solely on the survivor team itself to deal with NOED, and I feel most solo survivors don't consider it a threat until its obviously too late. Perhaps it can be more common place to be aware of the dangers NOED can bring, but its hard to really say if they even have it. Its more or less a gamble at this point, perhaps there could be some awareness that it exists when the totem spawns (Like say all survivors gain the Exposed effect Icon) or something to that degree.

[TL;DR]: The perk itself is not the issue really, its just who uses it and the modern survivors that deal with said perk. More awareness needs to be brought to the community on its potential end game destruction.

Post edited by FireHazard on
«1345678

Comments

  • FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,069

    @Master said:
    A killer that downs the whole team with NOED is not a good killer, the survivors simply have been bad and probably over altruistic.

    In the end it comes down to the classic argument, you can completely deny NOED and even remove it BEFORE it activates.

    Trust me buddy, only like 1 person in a solo survival session has enough I.Q. to think ahead of that. Most of the time nobody thinks about that and just assumes that at purple and or green rank wont mostly have NOED users.

    I'm not saying red ranks don't also have those...just from what I've experienced not as many as green or purple.

  • FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,069

    @Cetren said:
    The problem isn't that I can't down them, but that I can't get 12 hooks in 4 minutes. Therefore, I use NOED. Specifically when I play clown, Freddy, or LF that don't have good map pressure.

    Leatherface doesn't need noed, he already has a insta chainsaw ability. That's like putting NOED on Myers when he basically has the exposed effect as his special ability. It's just over kill at that point, the only thing I can say about the other two is that they are garbage and actually need it. But that's just because they need to be buffed, ESPECIALLY Freddy.

  • MrsPiggyIsSoSneakyMrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 486
    So let's say a new player joins, completely new player, and after 5 games they got the chance to get noed from the bloodweb and they use it, are they garbage? And tell me, what's the point of making this if you said that, yeah its in the game, but still, if someone one uses it, they suck??? So your saying that, you know its in the game, and you understand that anyone can use it, but if someone does, they are garbage? This just sounds like a hate thread to killers who uses noed and just sounds like you get salty when you get hit by one.
  • FenrirFenrir Member Posts: 533
    Git Gud
  • DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,486
    Any skill level can use it, as it is a plan for that specific situation. Yeah it helps killers that struggle with a 2 hit chase at the most crucial moment, but is also a strong contingency for better players. You see a bunch of toolboxes and you can expect to be in end game fairly quick. And while its hard to ensure all totems were broken, prevention is 100% survivor responsibility. End game passes extremely quickly and with how easy it is don't see much issue with the killer having a short-term advantage that is also deniable. I find extremely dangerous activations like this a beneficial addition to Survivor gameplay as it adds that tensity to the situation and reason to escape quickly.
  • EntityDispleasedEntityDispleased Member Posts: 1,449

    Noed is a noob perk that activates against noobs.

  • TrAiNwReCkTrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

    -NOED Is For Noobs And Here's Why-

    You complain and support under circumstances the use of NOED. Might stick to one side or the other if you're going to rant. Sounds like you understand most of the pros, cons and reasons why players might use NOED.

    This to say I don't see the point of creating this thread.

  • Ray_PenberRay_Penber Member Posts: 88
    edited January 2019

    "People use DS all the time and that's also a really good perk."

    Depends on the person. I happen to believe that ds is an absolute garbage perk. All it does is buy you time and the killer tunnels you back down. Assuming they don't know how to juggle. I can't really use the perk because most of the time I miss the skill check. I have better luck with boil over. As for noed I agree, 80% of the matches in the lower ranks I play, that perk is used. It's made me into a totem hunter. I'm sure the killer is upset when they realise all of their totems are gone so their noed doesn't activate. Lol
  • LateralLateral Member Posts: 77
    edited January 2019

    One shot down from 100% health is a toxic crutch that takes out all semblance of skill, nuance and strategy in place of babied Killer hand-holding and needs to be removed from the game.

    But it wont because /favouritism.

    @Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Sorry but if your whole team gets downed and killed because of noed you guys are just as nooby as you claim the killer is.

    There, translated. Fixed that for you:

  • IcemanIceman Member Posts: 1,228
    @FireHazard
    I’m just confused to as how noed is a noob perk if that the case then you are stating that whatever rank you are should be free of noob players.

    So noed shouldnt have been active in the first place because survivors should have cleanse the totems, unless your team were noobs. 
  • FenrirFenrir Member Posts: 533

    Noed is a noob perk that activates against noobs.

    Im using this for whenever somebody complains about noed
  • SkarkioSkarkio Member Posts: 592

    You can say whatever you want, but in the end is the survivor's fault if NOED activates,

    Only five totems in the entire map and no one bother to break a single one of them, then the killers sacrifice them and finally survivors fell the urge to come to the forums to cry about how noed is "OP" and is a "crutch" and is for "no skill killers" etc.

    What exactly stop them from breaking 5 measly totems?

    Is only the survivors fault for being noobs, lazy and unskilled at finding and cleanse them!

    Don't blame the killers or a perk for your ineptitude!

  • rafajsprafajsp Member Posts: 242
    edited January 2019

    NOED is know to carry new killers to "better" ranks.
    Clean totems, you should know it.
    Back in the day it wasn't a totem LUL so no reason to be rant.

  • DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,486
    If its a noob tactic then experienced players should have no issue with it. Something so easy to stop shouldn't even be a crutch because the killer can't rely on it as a consistent boost. Just picking it means your willing to sacrifice a slot for something you may never use. But your right, its a pain and we survivors have so little time to get things done.
  • Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2019
    Hmmm sounds like this epic god player keeps losing to NOED noobs how embarrassing for you, but why make it a public embarrassment?

    also nothing gets rid of exit mice like hitting another little mouse with NOED.

    3 little mice 🐁 tbagging the exit, 1 little mouse being a the big I AM, whack NOED, 1 mouse hooked 3 mice all out the game, done! Now we can all move on to our next game...
  • VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 2,715
    Lateral said:

    One shot down from 100% health is a toxic crutch that takes out all semblance of skill, nuance and strategy in place of babied Killer hand-holding and needs to be removed from the game.

    But it wont because /favouritism.

    @Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Sorry but if your whole team gets downed and killed because of noed you guys are just as nooby as you claim the killer is.

    There, translated. Fixed that for you:

    Lol how does that change my point.

    If a four man team gets wiped with noed they're just as nooby as they claim the killer is.

    Whether it's a crutch perk or not is irrelevant.

  • Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Lateral said:

    One shot down from 100% health is a toxic crutch that takes out all semblance of skill, nuance and strategy in place of babied Killer hand-holding and needs to be removed from the game.

    But it wont because /favouritism.

    @Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Sorry but if your whole team gets downed and killed because of noed you guys are just as nooby as you claim the killer is.

    There, translated. Fixed that for you:

    Lol how does that change my point.

    If a four man team gets wiped with noed they're just as nooby as they claim the killer is.

    Whether it's a crutch perk or not is irrelevant.

    It doesn’t change your point, it’s just because really they don’t have one, it’s nothing more
    than sore losers who want to dictate how killers
    should play their games, everything’s a noob crutch perk to these types of people.

    They are the kind that call you a baby killer if they loop you and escape, and a noob
     ( insert perk here) carried killer if they don’t escape.

  • Bug_ReporterBug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

    @FireHazard said:
    For those of you who may not know, "Hex: No One Escapes Death" Is a perk that activates only when all generators are activated and the exit gates are turned on.

    This perk was buffed awhile back for god knows what reason, and at any level NOED has the "Exposed" status effect that grants the killer the ability to down a survivor even at full health.

    Now you may ask even though its really obvious, "Why would NOED be for noobs if its such a good perk? People use DS all the time and that's also a really good perk." Yes those two perks are indeed good, but they're trash when you look at what makes players good and bad from an outside perspective. For example: A killer that downs 3 people at the end with NOED doesn't make them a good player, it just means that can't do it normally without the perk.

    Players that actually assume they're good because of this baffles my mind, because it doesn't make you good... It makes you look even worse than if you lost the match to a 4 man escape. Of course you'll get some hooks at the end and or sacrifices... the other team wants to save the hooked survivor, but will usually get one shot by your NOED.

    Now you may be thinking right about now "You're just salty kid, if its in the game i'm going to use it... GG EZ" And you're right, it is in the game and you have full right to use it... it just means that if you do you're garbage, and as such should be treated accordingly. The same goes for DS, if the only way for you to get out of a chase is with DS... then you need to start working on those chases my dude, cause that didn't demonstrate any skill what so ever. It in fact showed you have a lack of skill.

    This perk only exists to make casual players and noobs feel better that they got demolished at the start but got a 2k at the end cause of NOED. These same players probably main Leatherface, but that's another story. And yes, i'm aware some players CAN play without these perks, they just choose to because its toxic... what i'm talking about are players that really NEED it in order to actually make any progress in a match.

    [TL;DR]: You have zero skill if you regularly use NOED to win matches at the end. Try not using it for once and tell me how it goes in the comments. If it goes well then you're on your way to not being a noob.

    [EDIT]: I forgot to mention that killers that are at the bottom of the tier list like The Clown and Freddy actually have a reason to use NOED. For what i'm talking about here is like for example putting NOED on Nurse or Hillbilly, two killers that CLEARLY don't need it.

    G I T
    U
    D

  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    Am I the only one who misses the lol button?
  • iTacomaniTacoman Member Posts: 42

    @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:
    So let's say a new player joins, completely new player, and after 5 games they got the chance to get noed from the bloodweb and they use it, are they garbage? And tell me, what's the point of making this if you said that, yeah its in the game, but still, if someone one uses it, they suck??? So your saying that, you know its in the game, and you understand that anyone can use it, but if someone does, they are garbage? This just sounds like a hate thread to killers who uses noed and just sounds like you get salty when you get hit by one.

    it's literally just a crutch to help killers. If you can't manage to secure at least 2 kills by the end of the match then you either had an off match or don't belong in your rank. Rank 20-15 i guess are the exception because they typically don't know what they're doing and are all ready garbage but i just expect everyone runs it and cleanse all totems myself.

  • PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,433

    You made a mistake... killers will rip u apart.

  • CyanideCandyCyanideCandy Member Posts: 31

    @FireHazard said:
    For those of you who may not know, "Hex: No One Escapes Death" Is a perk that activates only when all generators are activated and the exit gates are turned on.

    This perk was buffed awhile back for god knows what reason, and at any level NOED has the "Exposed" status effect that grants the killer the ability to down a survivor even at full health.

    Now you may ask even though its really obvious, "Why would NOED be for noobs if its such a good perk? People use DS all the time and that's also a really good perk." Yes those two perks are indeed good, but they're trash when you look at what makes players good and bad from an outside perspective. For example: A killer that downs 3 people at the end with NOED doesn't make them a good player, it just means that can't do it normally without the perk.

    Players that actually assume they're good because of this baffles my mind, because it doesn't make you good... It makes you look even worse than if you lost the match to a 4 man escape. Of course you'll get some hooks at the end and or sacrifices... the other team wants to save the hooked survivor, but will usually get one shot by your NOED.

    Now you may be thinking right about now "You're just salty kid, if its in the game i'm going to use it... GG EZ" And you're right, it is in the game and you have full right to use it... it just means that if you do you're garbage, and as such should be treated accordingly. The same goes for DS, if the only way for you to get out of a chase is with DS... then you need to start working on those chases my dude, cause that didn't demonstrate any skill what so ever. It in fact showed you have a lack of skill.

    This perk only exists to make casual players and noobs feel better that they got demolished at the start but got a 2k at the end cause of NOED. These same players probably main Leatherface, but that's another story. And yes, i'm aware some players CAN play without these perks, they just choose to because its toxic... what i'm talking about are players that really NEED it in order to actually make any progress in a match.

    [TL;DR]: You have zero skill if you regularly use NOED to win matches at the end. Try not using it for once and tell me how it goes in the comments. If it goes well then you're on your way to not being a noob.

    [EDIT]: I forgot to mention that killers that are at the bottom of the tier list like The Clown and Freddy actually have a reason to use NOED. For what i'm talking about here is like for example putting NOED on Nurse or Hillbilly, two killers that CLEARLY don't need it.

    I'll be honest, after reading the post I don't see the point in having made it. You list the pros and cons and even say killers have every right to use it while you say it makes you garbage and that you should be treated as such. I might be new to the forums, but I'm not new to the toxicity in this community. Maybe we should STOP treating eachother like garbage? I may be wrong here, I'm tired, but it seems your post exists only to take a crap on people who use a perk you don't like. If noed seems a crutch to you, maybe you shouldn't rely on getting hit twice to get things done. When I play survivor I generally you know... try not to get hit at all. If all the gens get done in less time than it takes to knock everyone down twice and noed pops and gets the killer some kills, you should have been A, more stealthy, or B, thought ahead before you did whatever got you knocked down. With the current balance, survivors dictate the pace of the match, using something that gives the killer a second chance after the generators get smashed to hell in three minutes doesn't make them garbage, it's just using the tools they have just like using urban evasion, self care, deadhard and D strike is for survivors. It may help the inexperienced climb a little higher in the ranks, but against genuinely skilled high ranking survivors, noed is a joke. Complaining about a perk you can disable during the match before it even activates and saying we should treat people like garbage for using it just makes you look like a douche.

  • katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 952
    If someone uses noed it an end game perk. If they take out three of y'all it the survivors's fault for not getting rid of the totems. At least you spawn in the next lobbies
  • DragonredkingDragonredking Member Posts: 874

    @FireHazard said:
    [TL;DR]: You have zero skill if you regularly use NOED to win matches at the end. Try not using it for once and tell me how it goes in the comments. If it goes well then you're on your way to not being a noob.

    This is a stupid argument, EVERY perk change the outcome of the match
    Every perk is a crutch that can potentialy carry you in the right circumstances.

    The survivor that allow noed to come into play are as noobish as the killer using it.

  • JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,755

    @EntityDispleased said:
    Noed is a noob perk that activates against noobs.

    Noed is a noob perk that activates against noobs...and solo survivors that have done 3 totems themselves and expect their team mates to pull their bloody weight and handle the other two to help out a little bit.

Sign In or Register to comment.