The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

The problem with NOED [RANT]

Comments

• MaxiferPriestMaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

@FireHazard said:
    [EDIT]: This is an edited version of the previous main post. This version will clarify some things since the previous post did not.

[Information about the perk]: For those of you who may not know, "Hex: No One Escapes Death" Is a perk that activates only when all generators are activated and the exit gates are turned on.

The perk itself is acceptable on some killers that actually need it I.E. The Clown, Freddy, Trapper, etc who cannot apply map pressure themselves alone. These killers are in my opinion in need of an end game boost to even things out if the killer was doing poorly at the start and mid match. And as for actual new players this in my eyes is OK, since they just started so of course they won't be good at chases at the start. The perk itself should just be used as a learning tool rather than a crutch that most killers use to this day with 500 hours+

This post will focus on some key aspects that I believe is NOT OK. For example, if you're able to 4k a team easily before the gens are even finished why do you need NOED? You have to ask yourself "Why would a Hillbilly for example need NOED if he killed the entire team before the last gen was finished?" To rub salt in the wound, even if the killer is doing decent with 2 kills and the last gen pops its unnecessary for them to have NOED since its just overkill at that point.

[Information about my solo matches]: This part is added to clarify something to everyone on this thread. I do think ahead on NOED on every killer i'm against, the problem is most teams you are with DON'T. And as such won't help with the process of getting rid of the dull totems and instead just focus on the classic meme of "Hold down M1 to win" which doesn't help me or anyone else that deals with NOED before it is activated.

The problem with solo survivor teams is that nobody is thinking for the team, and instead themselves. Most people on a solo team won't even consider the possibility of NOED since they're too focused on doing gens and saves. And THIS is my main issue with NOED.

Now why is NOED for noobs? Allow me to clear the title up, the perk itself it useful on a variety of killers that need it [Which are listed above] but what i'm ranting about are killers that clearly don't need it, and never will need it... But still use it despite that fact. You're of course entitled to whatever perk set up you use of course, but if you don't need the perk for killers that never will need it... then you're just being unfair and in-general playing like a noob.

[TL;DR]: NOED requires next to no skill to use, and most killers that don't need it will still use it to just spite any survivor they come across in the end. Killers actually believe they're good because of this, and it just breeds more toxicity in this community than we already have.

just cleanse totems. NOED countered. 14s for 1 totem to be done and ppl still complain about NOED? hahaha you're kidding me. don't be a gen geek and do 2 or 3 totems and NOED will not spawn. WOW i know someting new. a new tactics to counter NOED. [BAD WORD] me i hear it 1st time rn too. Don't be a little cry baby. DS, SB, Toolboxes and insta heals are okay, but NOED, well NOED is for noobs right? hahaha get a life

• Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited January 29

@Yamaoka said:
    Git gud.

When a noed user says "git gud" 😂👍. Thanks for making me laugh. I'm a 50/50 player always rank 1 and I've never used noed. I rarely even camp or tunnel (unlike most noed users). People who need noed to win are just bad at the game. Simple as that.

Also play solo survivor for one day and look for all totems before touching a gen. Tell me how often you escaped. Most likely 0 times. You can not look for totems for minutes since a GOOD killer will typically sacrifice 1-2 survivors within those minutes. But obviously a noed user wouldn't know that as they typically get rekt all game and merely get their kills by slugging as many survivors as possible using 1 single perk slot that gives them the cheapest instadown in the game combined with more movement speed and reduced cooldown as noed users typically need to swing 10 times before they hit😂

So what? Marth88 took every killer to rank 1 perkless so your feat is meaningless and by your same standard because he did it anyone that doesn't is just bad. But arguments laced with pejoratives attacking that what you don't like are pointless. Nobody cares what you think is newbish or not. Your approval means nothing to anyone here. Hell, let me know the 4 most newbish perks in your opinion and i'll use them exclusively to post videos of gameplay exploiting them right here on the forums and dedicate them to you.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 4,245

@MaxiferPriest said:

@FireHazard said:
    [EDIT]: This is an edited version of the previous main post. This version will clarify some things since the previous post did not.

[Information about the perk]: For those of you who may not know, "Hex: No One Escapes Death" Is a perk that activates only when all generators are activated and the exit gates are turned on.

The perk itself is acceptable on some killers that actually need it I.E. The Clown, Freddy, Trapper, etc who cannot apply map pressure themselves alone. These killers are in my opinion in need of an end game boost to even things out if the killer was doing poorly at the start and mid match. And as for actual new players this in my eyes is OK, since they just started so of course they won't be good at chases at the start. The perk itself should just be used as a learning tool rather than a crutch that most killers use to this day with 500 hours+

This post will focus on some key aspects that I believe is NOT OK. For example, if you're able to 4k a team easily before the gens are even finished why do you need NOED? You have to ask yourself "Why would a Hillbilly for example need NOED if he killed the entire team before the last gen was finished?" To rub salt in the wound, even if the killer is doing decent with 2 kills and the last gen pops its unnecessary for them to have NOED since its just overkill at that point.

[Information about my solo matches]: This part is added to clarify something to everyone on this thread. I do think ahead on NOED on every killer i'm against, the problem is most teams you are with DON'T. And as such won't help with the process of getting rid of the dull totems and instead just focus on the classic meme of "Hold down M1 to win" which doesn't help me or anyone else that deals with NOED before it is activated.

The problem with solo survivor teams is that nobody is thinking for the team, and instead themselves. Most people on a solo team won't even consider the possibility of NOED since they're too focused on doing gens and saves. And THIS is my main issue with NOED.

Now why is NOED for noobs? Allow me to clear the title up, the perk itself it useful on a variety of killers that need it [Which are listed above] but what i'm ranting about are killers that clearly don't need it, and never will need it... But still use it despite that fact. You're of course entitled to whatever perk set up you use of course, but if you don't need the perk for killers that never will need it... then you're just being unfair and in-general playing like a noob.

[TL;DR]: NOED requires next to no skill to use, and most killers that don't need it will still use it to just spite any survivor they come across in the end. Killers actually believe they're good because of this, and it just breeds more toxicity in this community than we already have.

just cleanse totems. NOED countered. 14s for 1 totem to be done and ppl still complain about NOED? hahaha you're kidding me. don't be a gen geek and do 2 or 3 totems and NOED will not spawn. WOW i know someting new. a new tactics to counter NOED. [BAD WORD] me i hear it 1st time rn too. Don't be a little cry baby. DS, SB, Toolboxes and insta heals are okay, but NOED, well NOED is for noobs right? hahaha get a life

Someone didn't read the post clearly.

Shall we stream a KYF? > @FireHazard said:

@MaxiferPriest said:

@FireHazard said:

No, they read the post. The rest of us just know it's a bad or a great survivor looking to make their life easier by having a cry session over something that effects their style of play. The post has no merit and is just propaganda that like the thousands before will gain no traction for support, no general consensus, and only serves to be a distraction for people that are bored and bothering to respond.

edited January 29

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@MaxiferPriest said:

@FireHazard said:

No, they read the post. The rest of us just know it's a bad or a great survivor looking to make their life easier by having a cry session over something that effects their style of play. The post has no merit and is just propaganda that like the thousands before will gain no traction for support, no general consensus, and only serves to be a distraction for people that are bored and bothering to respond.

Look buddy, the entire time you've been on this thread is to belittle anyone that you come across. Clearly you don't care at all what this post says and just want to look for a fight. Nobody here cares what you have to say and the same goes for what I say. Its cute you assume I care if this gains traction or not, the post itself is just a rant on a perk I don't like. This wasn't suppose to be the end all to change minds and hearts about NOED, its just a vent on a perk I consider trash.

You can stop being a special little snowflake :)

• starkiller1286starkiller1286 Member Posts: 362
    Glad that you edited out all the griping which just made you look bad although it still implies you're bad for using the perk. In your eyes if someone gets 2 or more kills NOED is redundant which means if they get 1 or no kills they are bad since it'd be required, yet you aren't against it on those who lack map pressure which is every killer except Nurse, Hillbilly,  Spirit and maybe Legion.

Assuming you're in high ranks if you know what the killer is you can probably guess that they have it or not and the team probably would cleanse the totems anyway players were doing that while I was in solo q around rank 15-13 before the ranked revamp.

@starkiller1286 said:
    Glad that you edited out all the griping which just made you look bad although it still implies you're bad for using the perk. In your eyes if someone gets 2 or more kills NOED is redundant which means if they get 1 or no kills they are bad since it'd be required, yet you aren't against it on those who lack map pressure which is every killer except Nurse, Hillbilly,  Spirit and maybe Legion.

Assuming you're in high ranks if you know what the killer is you can probably guess that they have it or not and the team probably would cleanse the totems anyway players were doing that while I was in solo q around rank 15-13 before the ranked revamp.

Its more of a jab on players that use it to be outright toxic and or use it and assume they're actually good because of it.

The general concept of this thread was honestly just a vent, I reworked it because that original rant was more of a salt factory than a constructive rant. In my personal opinion only killers that can't apply effective map pressure can honestly be OK in my eyes to use the perk. Like for example, I don't think Myers or Leatherface need NOED due to the fact they can apply effect pressure if used in the right hands.

Killers that can apply next to no pressure like Clown and Freddy do need it because they require more planning to be effective in the trial. Killers that need buffs or are naturally not able to apply pressure can use NOED effectively. Killers like Nurse, Hilly Billy, Spirit, Myers, Leatherface, And even Huntress don't need NOED.

It boils down to who the killer is and their skill during chases. I'm aware the meme about "Its not the killers skill, its the survivors mistakes" that dictate a match overall, but in my opinion there is some skill involved when facing certain survivors. To me its not all just about survivor mistakes, its also your mistakes that can either continue or close a chase.

To me, if you're say a Leatherface main that uses NOED and tunnels and camps every survivor than that's part of the problem i'm ranting about, it has nothing to really do with actual new players that are trying to learn the game. Its more or less a rant on survivors that're just aware they're toxic and continue to do so regardless of what anyone says.

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,576

I didn't read through too many of these posts...

NOED has counterplay. Period.

It can be completely turned off before it even has an effect on the game. That is the point. Yes.

In a game where you're expected to die "Dead by Daylight".... having a powerful end game perk like this is fine. The buff is fine.

It was buffed to encourage people to break totems and slow down gens a touch. Stop crying.

edited January 29

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    I didn't read through too many of these posts...

NOED has counterplay. Period.

It can be completely turned off before it even has an effect on the game. That is the point. Yes.

In a game where you're expected to die "Dead by Daylight".... having a powerful end game perk like this is fine. The buff is fine.

It was buffed to encourage people to break totems and slow down gens a touch. Stop crying.

Are you sure the buff was to slow down gens? Prove Thyself begs to differ, the direction they're going with that perk proves they have the opposite outlook on what you're saying.

The buff was to clearly pander to newer players (which is fine) but players that have 1k+ hours used that as an excuse to abuse the hell out of the perk. I saw NOED a fair few times back then before the buff and ever since the buff happened you see it way more often now.

@FireHazard said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@MaxiferPriest said:

@FireHazard said:

Look buddy, the entire time you've been on this thread is to belittle anyone that you come across. Clearly you don't care at all what this post says and just want to look for a fight. Nobody here cares what you have to say and the same goes for what I say. Its cute you assume I care if this gains traction or not, the post itself is just a rant on a perk I don't like. This wasn't suppose to be the end all to change minds and hearts about NOED, its just a vent on a perk I consider trash.

No, I don't care what the posts says because it's just rhetoric to attack one of the few good perks the disadvantaged side has. Deal with it. This isn't your personal forum or safe space. I'm not obliged to just disagree and allow you an uncontested sounding board to lobby for bad ideas. So you can label my posts however you care too. I can't find a single F to give.

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@FireHazard said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@MaxiferPriest said:

@FireHazard said:

No, I don't care what the posts says because it's just rhetoric to attack one of the few good perks the disadvantaged side has. Deal with it. This isn't your personal forum or safe space. I'm not obliged to just disagree and allow you an uncontested sounding board to lobby for bad ideas. So you can label my posts however you care too. I can't find a single F to give.

And neither can I, at least we agree on something.

Great! Let's try to find more common ground. Can we agree you need to git gud and stop stinking up the forums with baddie rants?

• TeambossFlozeTeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

I applaud you for at least making an insightful well thought out post. Better than the usual tripe on here likg OMG NOED IS FOR NOOBS WTFBBQ!? - so kudos there. My only issue really is this generalised lambasting of people who choose to use a perk and being derogatory because of it. NOED in my opinion is easily countered and If dealt with cleverly isn't that much of an issue, just because it forces survives to maybe think twice about using their crutch perks and go for something different like Small Game. Talk to me about a perk that is uncounterable and lets discuss that instead.

@Tucking_Friggered said:
    Great! Let's try to find more common ground. Can we agree you need to git gud and stop stinking up the forums with baddie rants?

Only if we can agree for you to stop being toxic on said forums while also parading around that you're a elitist man-child! If both of us can agree to these requests common ground can be met.

@TeambossFloze said:
    I applaud you for at least making an insightful well thought out post. Better than the usual tripe on here likg OMG NOED IS FOR NOOBS WTFBBQ!? - so kudos there. My only issue really is this generalised lambasting of people who choose to use a perk and being derogatory because of it. NOED in my opinion is easily countered and If dealt with cleverly isn't that much of an issue, just because it forces survives to maybe think twice about using their crutch perks and go for something different like Small Game. Talk to me about a perk that is uncounterable and lets discuss that instead.

Deadhard, DS, Balanced landing I suppose. Although Enduring counters DS, some killers don't run that perk. So its just a dice roll to see if the survivor can effectively use the perk to shift the chase. As for Deadhard and balanced landing they're just something you need to expect. I don't really see a counter to it but i could be wrong.

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

Deadhard, DS, Balanced landing I suppose. Although Enduring counters DS, some killers don't run that perk. So its just a dice roll to see if the survivor can effectively use the perk to shift the chase. As for Deadhard and balanced landing they're just something you need to expect. I don't really see a counter to it but i could be wrong.

Deadhard isn't an issue I don't think if the killer is patient enough to bait it out. Frenzy on Legion is pretty good for it, Doctor, Huntress ...although you have to have a pretty good bit of accuracy. Balanced landing...well I don't think there is any "particular" killer perk to counter...but I mean...how often is it used these days? I think its almost like the lottery of running Calm Spirit on the chance you may come up against a Doc or Slippery meat/small game for trapper etc..there is an element of chance for any perk that isn't a crutch one..but that only adds to the excitement for me. I ran Calm spirit for 8 matches straight just to stick it to a Doc main...didn't come across one...took it off ...next match..you guessed it..bloody Doc.

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

Deadhard isn't an issue I don't think if the killer is patient enough to bait it out. Frenzy on Legion is pretty good for it, Doctor, Huntress ...although you have to have a pretty good bit of accuracy. Balanced landing...well I don't think there is any "particular" killer perk to counter...but I mean...how often is it used these days? I think its almost like the lottery of running Calm Spirit on the chance you may come up against a Doc or Slippery meat/small game for trapper etc..there is an element of chance for any perk that isn't a crutch one..but that only adds to the excitement for me. I ran Calm spirit for 8 matches straight just to stick it to a Doc main...didn't come across one...took it off ...next match..you guessed it..bloody Doc.

Its more common than you think actually, the round I was just in a few minutes ago has 2 people with balanced landing. Even sprint burst is not that uncommon to find, it just depends on what survivor you're facing and their play style really.

As for the two example you put, things like that usually happen to me also when i'm thinking of a counter for a specific killer. Where I make one up, and never come across said killer for like 5+ matches. unfortunately I'd assume that happens to most of us anyways.

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

Its more common than you think actually, the round I was just in a few minutes ago has 2 people with balanced landing. Even sprint burst is not that uncommon to find, it just depends on what survivor you're facing and their play style really.

As for the two example you put, things like that usually happen to me also when i'm thinking of a counter for a specific killer. Where I make one up, and never come across said killer for like 5+ matches. unfortunately I'd assume that happens to most of us anyways.

I do agree, I don't tend to see many Balanced landings myself - we can only go by what we see ourselves. Personally I'd run Small Game perk and just get them 5 totems then guaranteed NOED is gone. I think NOED is selected 75%? of the time or something? so it would make to be a pretty solid pick I think.

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

I do agree, I don't tend to see many Balanced landings myself - we can only go by what we see ourselves. Personally I'd run Small Game perk and just get them 5 totems then guaranteed NOED is gone. I think NOED is selected 75%? of the time or something? so it would make to be a pretty solid pick I think.

That or you can also use a map which is surprisingly helpful, it usually grabs any nearby totems you walk past so even if you miss one you can go open the map to go right back to said totem.

• TheHoodiedOneTheHoodiedOne Member Posts: 7,587

wait, going off-topic here
    I have several questions!

@ToxicFengM1n said:

I'm not following, am I missing something here?

• TheHoodiedOneTheHoodiedOne Member Posts: 7,587

@FireHazard said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

107 comments, 2 views

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

That or you can also use a map which is surprisingly helpful, it usually grabs any nearby totems you walk past so even if you miss one you can go open the map to go right back to said totem.

even better ! although I don't like maps xD in fact I rarely take in any items to try reduce lobby dodging

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@FireHazard said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

107 comments, 2 views

It happens sometimes, if you refresh the page it'll go back to its original number.

@FireHazard said:

even better ! although I don't like maps xD in fact I rarely take in any items to try reduce lobby dodging

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

Honestly I notice it happen regardless of items or not, I think certain players just hate certain survivors.

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

Honestly I notice it happen regardless of items or not, I think certain players just hate certain survivors.

very true, I rarely lobby dodge unless I see a 4 man with p3 claudettes, flashlights and toolkits - I just dodge that [BAD WORD] because I cba to be spun around repeatedly or trolled on purpose as i'm not good enough to manage it effectively

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

very true, I rarely lobby dodge unless I see a 4 man with p3 claudettes, flashlights and toolkits - I just dodge that [BAD WORD] because I cba to be spun around repeatedly or trolled on purpose as i'm not good enough to manage it effectively

Its definitely more manageable though since the flashlight nerf.

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

I'm just a crap rank 16 killer - I cant argue i'm pretty rubbish. I'm more of a run and gun Ace Survivor tbh

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@FireHazard said:

I'm just a crap rank 16 killer - I cant argue i'm pretty rubbish. I'm more of a run and gun Ace Survivor tbh

I main killer so I can understand what you mean, usually at rank 16 or 10 survivors are either actually new or rank 1s trying to bully low ranking killers because "Rank 1's too sweaty"