Home Dead by Daylight Forums Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PC
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs

Syringe Exploit - Survivors Negating Dying State

AjaxGuntersonAjaxGunterson Member Posts: 40

I had a game as killer where a survivor was able to heal themselves completely at, what seemed to be, the same time as when I hit them. Prior to me hitting them they were injured and in theory should have been put into the dying state. After I hit them they ran away with the injured speed bost except they were completely healthy, I still had to wipe my weapon as normal.

Although I'm not sure what causes this, I would assume that this has something to do with lag compensation or incredibly precise timing.

Comments

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Probably similar to when the killer gets a hit when they shouldn't off like a pallet slam the person takes a few steps and gets hit while the killer gets stunned.

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

They used the syringe at the exact same time as you hit them causing them to heal 2 health states back to full hp.

• AjaxGuntersonAjaxGunterson Member Posts: 40

@PolarBear It might not have been clear, but yeah, that's what I meant.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@AjaxGunterson said:
    I had a game as killer where a survivor was able to heal themselves completely at, what seemed to be, the same time as when I hit them. Prior to me hitting them they were injured and in theory should have been put into the dying state. After I hit them they ran away with the injured speed bost except they were completely healthy, I still had to wipe my weapon as normal.

Although I'm not sure what causes this, I would assume that this has something to do with lag compensation or incredibly precise timing.

Its an exploit that has been a thing for ages now.

But its a killer related issue, so ya know....

@Master said:

@AjaxGunterson said:

I wouldn't call it an exploit, just an unfortunate glitch. It can't really be abused unless the survivors predicts exactly when you are about to hit them.

@PolarBear said:

@Master said:

@AjaxGunterson said:

I wouldn't call it an exploit, just an unfortunate glitch. It can't really be abused unless the survivors predicts exactly when you are about to hit them.

Its a bug and you need to peffectly know the timing in order to exploit that, and thats bannable btw.

Dont try to tell me that this "accidentially happened"

Just a shame that BHVR doesnt give a damn about problems like this

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Its a latency issue and should be history if the upcoming dedicated servers 

@Master said:

@PolarBear said:

@Master said:

@AjaxGunterson said:

Its a bug and you need to peffectly know the timing in order to exploit that, and thats bannable btw.

You can't exploit it since you can never know the exact time the killer swings but I understand what you are saying and why you think it is. I don't think you should be banned for it though.

@PolarBear said:

@Master said:

@PolarBear said:

@Master said:

@AjaxGunterson said:

You can't exploit it since you can never know the exact time the killer swings but I understand what you are saying and why you think it is. I don't think you should be banned for it though.

Of course you can exploit this bug and yes thats bannable lol.
    The fact that we even have to argue about this..... insane

@Master said:

@PolarBear said:

@Master said:

@PolarBear said:

@Master said:

@AjaxGunterson said:

I don't have personal experience with this glitch but as far as I know the timing has to be pretty much perfect for you to be able to double heal. It can't be done on purpose because it is impossible to know when the killer will hit you and you have to predict it. Of course if people are trying to abuse this (which they shouldn't since it is not consistent) they should suffer some penalty.

• CronaWinsCronaWins Member Posts: 650

@Master said:

Sounds insanely difficult to replicate since smart killers wait for deadhard so you're not going to know the precise timing of their swing.

I would say this is a latency issue. You used the medkit beforehand but the server/host tells you the killer hit first, therefore making the medkit a secondary action, like someone pointed out, being hit through a dropped pallet because the server/host says you got hit first.

I would say this has been there for a long time. Kind of hard to fix a latency issue between client and host.

@CronaWins said:

@Master said:

Sounds insanely difficult to replicate since smart killers wait for deadhard so you're not going to know the precise timing of their swing.

I would say this is a latency issue. You used the medkit beforehand but the server/host tells you the killer hit first, therefore making the medkit a secondary action, like someone pointed out, being hit through a dropped pallet because the server/host says you got hit first.

I would say this has been there for a long time. Kind of hard to fix a latency issue between client and host.

That is not hard to fix at all

@Master said:

Oh, are you a dev?

Good luck fixing something built into the unreal engine.

The game is always going to favour host over client. The medkit is queued in actions because it's favouring host first. Same reason why a killer gets a hit through a pallet stun.

@CronaWins said:

@Master said:

Oh, are you a dev?

The game is always going to favour host over client. The medkit is queued in actions because it's favouring host first. Same reason why a killer gets a hit through a pallet stun.

Since the host is favoured over the client, the medkit should not even be able to go through since the killer alredy downed you, do you see where this is leading?

@Master said:

@CronaWins said:

@Master said:

Oh, are you a dev?

Since the host is favoured over the client, the medkit should not even be able to go through since the killer alredy downed you, do you see where this is leading?

I know nothing about coding but I'm guessing they could add something to check if you are in dying state before they allow you to use your medkit.

@PolarBear said:

@Master said:

@CronaWins said:

@Master said:

Oh, are you a dev?

I know nothing about coding but I'm guessing they could add something to check if you are in dying state before they allow you to use your medkit.

Thats a simple if-statement, talking coding wise :wink:
    Of course it might be a bit more difficult in the actual code, but it shouldnt really be a big deal.....

edited February 2019

@Master said:

Yes, but it's already been used client side, so it gets stuck in the action queue, favouring the host hit first.

It's exactly the same as getting a stun through the killers hit. The action comes second because it favours the host, but the client side action is still in queue because it was dropped client side first.

That's the difference between the killers 0ms to your 30+ms.

Post edited by CronaWins on