Moonrise Screenshot Contest - Rules & VOTE SYSTEM

not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 676

The Moonrise Screenshot Contest

To celebrate the Lunar New Year Moonrise event this year, we want to see your most explosive celebration pictures.
Feel free to use any map, team up with friends, and use any items to get your best visual creation.
So open those red envelopes, and see if you can find some good fortune!

TIMELINE

Submissions are open from January 31st 2:00PM EST to February 5th 2:00PM EST
Judges are members of the Community. Results will be announced on February 7th 2019!

CONDITIONS

Entrant must submit a screenshot of the Moonrise event.
Only one entry by participant, any entry under an alt will be deleted.

The grand prize and runner-up winners will be selected based on the following criteria:

• Most AWESOME and VOTE UP on the posts (Community vote, 3 prizes)

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

• Go to the Moonrise Screenshot Contest subforum
  • Title your entry with your name
  • Post your entry (1 image)
  • Modified images / cropped screenshots / photoshopped screenshots will be disqualified
  • Vote up / Awesome on your favorite entry!

HOW TO SCREENSHOT

PRIZES

1.First prize - Community choice: 6 000 Auric Cells
2.Second prize - Community choice: 2 250 Auric Cells
3.Third prize - Community choice: 2 250 Auric Cells

Dev team favorite: 2 250 Auric Cells

Post edited by not_Queen on

Comments

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 1,386
    Are we allowed to create a clip on xbox and choose the best still image as the screenshot? Or does it have to be a natural screenshot? Just that to capture a good image it takes about 5 seconds to go through and by that time you might have missed the opportunity for a good shot.
  • not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 676

Yes you can chose the best still image :)
    As long as it's only 1 image in your post.

• GolgiNeaGolgiNea Member Posts: 133
    edited January 31

Do we post our screenshots in this thread? Also, can we take a screen shot from the capture gallery video on ps4? there would be a little pause symbol on the bottom left... and idk how to get rid of it.

Edit: nevermind about where to post it... I figured it out XD

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 1,875

Oh gee so now i must survive with some neat photos?
    Let's go

• shadow07shadow07 Member Posts: 1

where to send the screenshot ?

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 251

Question, can we take images of funny glitches and will that qualify? :)

• TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 322

Why does this happen just when my console stops working? ;_;

• KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 755

@Theluckyboi said:
    Why does this happen just when my console stops working? ;_;

That’s awful. You have to buy another one? Or are you gonna get it fixed?

• DeltaTMDDeltaTMD Member Posts: 27
    not_Queen said:

Yes you can chose the best still image :)
    As long as it's only 1 image in your post.

Can I ask you something because people are giving me a lot of stress over this, and I'd like to go to you to get a straight forward answer. I've asked a couple of friends to take a look at my photo. They said yes, the created their accounts and they took a look, made a comment and voted on my photo for the moonrise contest. Is that against the rules cause everyone is giving me trouble saying im a cheater and that I should be disqualified for it. If what I did was not allowed, I'm sorry. Ive already told my friends not to comment or vote anymore, but wanted to ask you if what I did was against the rules? I just want to know for it it was I'll take my photo down and forget about the contest. Thanks in advance for reading this.
  • lindechenelindechene Member Posts: 48
    edited February 1

Modified images / cropped screenshots / photoshopped screenshots will be disqualified

Is it allowed to use the photoshop "Spot healing" or a similar brush to remove the player names from screenshots?

or

Is it assumed that all players participating in the contest are agreeing to share that information publicly in exchange for a chance to win?

Some players may want to participate in this contest and still keep their own PSN, Xbox or steam account name private.
    As a common courtesy default practice when sharing game footage for me is to also remove the account names of any other players from screenshots.

Reasons:

• Players may not want to receive messages by random people because their account name is featured in public contests.
    • Players who submit the screenshots may want the extra attention created by contests but other players who just happened to be in the same game may not.
    • Protecting the privacy where possible may help to lower unwanted exposure or toxicity.

Edited to rephrase some sentences.

Post edited by lindechene on
  • FireHazardFireHazard Member Posts: 230

Are you allowed to resubmit a photo if the previous one you posted is not to your liking on a second glance a few minutes later?

@FireHazard said:
    Are you allowed to resubmit a photo if the previous one you posted is not to your liking on a second glance a few minutes later?

I think you can only post one

@KiraElijah said:

@FireHazard said:

You can't just have the post deleted when nobody even commented or liked or awesome it and put a new one up?

@FireHazard said:

@KiraElijah said:

@FireHazard said:

You can't just have the post deleted when nobody even commented or liked or awesome it and put a new one up?

Cause it doesn't specifically say you can't but it doesn't say you can either. It just says "One photo per entry"

@FireHazard said:

@FireHazard said:

@KiraElijah said:

@FireHazard said:

Cause it doesn't specifically say you can't but it doesn't say you can either. It just says "One photo per entry"

It’s worth a shot I guess, good tidings. I guess it doesn’t say no retakes

• HarryToeknucklesHarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 28

Can a screenshot of the lobby work?

• iNb4OwnageiNb4Ownage Member Posts: 40

Oh I'm excited to see some of these!

• GODQueenEvyGODQueenEvy Member Posts: 5

Does the entry count when its posed with friends in a KYF game? :)

• TreemanXDTreemanXD Member Posts: 257

@GODQueenEvy said:
    Does the entry count when its posed with friends in a KYF game? :)

Yes it does :)

This discussion has been closed.