Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Waving arms while on the hook

2»

Comments

• TrAiNwReCkTrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

I use kindred III for this purpose alone. And believe it or not many times more than one will still come for the save or no one will come. This knowing they can clearly see each other and the killers aura within a short range. Food for thought.

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,906

I use kindred III for this purpose alone. And believe it or not many times more than one will still come for the save or no one will come. This knowing they can clearly see each other and the killers aura within a short range. Food for thought.

I find this doesn't really keep people from standing around and staring at you though.

@weirdkid5 said:
    TrAiNwReCk said:

I find this doesn't really keep people from standing around and staring at you though.

True that. I use it in hopes survivors can be smart about the plays they make. All we can do is hang around and hope.

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,906

@weirdkid5 said:
    TrAiNwReCk said:

True that. I use it in hopes survivors can be smart about the plays they make. All we can do is hang around and hope.

Honestly I think it's a wasted slot. Smart Survivors will know you're getting camped just from the heartbeat. Makes it useful on Wraith, Myers, and Insidious users though.

@weirdkid5 said:
    TrAiNwReCk said:

@weirdkid5 said:

TrAiNwReCk said:

Honestly I think it's a wasted slot. Smart Survivors will know you're getting camped just from the heartbeat. Makes it useful on Wraith, Myers, and Insidious users though.

I agree, it does seem wasted, but I attempt to play survivor perks less try hardy and more team oriented. Though perks don't always prove their worth when used in that fashion. Kindred, open handed, wake up and empathy to name a few. Not very helpful solo, but if it helps the overall effort.

• CircleshoCirclesho Member Posts: 22

@Master said:

@HarryToeknuckles said:
    I've always taken it to mean "killer is camping or nearby, go do gens", but a lot of others seem to think it's "killer is gone, come save me", is there a "right" answer?

Some killers might take the waving as a request to be camped :smile:

if you're camping 1 survivor that means you get 1/4th the bp and you lose 100% more of your games

• CircleshoCirclesho Member Posts: 22

@fluffybunny said:
    It's hard to say sometimes as there's only one real 'emote' while one is on the hook. Personally, I'll twitch if killer is nearby and grab at the hook when no one's coming for save. People will run for the hook/start heading over when you start grabbing at the hook from what I've found. Generally speaking, of course. I've seen people do it for all kinds of reasons, though. I'll also twitch if the person is about to run into a trap. You typically get one person who's hungry for points, though, which is disappointing. It makes it so that the killer is rewarded for lazy gameplay and yes, chilling by the hooked and not seeking out your victim is lazy. I wish less survivors would reward it.

I wouldn't say lazy, it's more braindead. Only people that hard camp while every survivor is working on gens are the new players that want a kill. Nets you no bp and you always lose.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    Tsulan said:
    Waving arms means camper.
    Some survivors tho use it to call for unhooks. Which is kinda stupid. 
    Since release it was the only "official" meaning that the killer is (insidious) camping. So whenever someone is waving I don't unhook. Funny about that is the endgame chat "Why didn't you save me you ****??" 
    Yeah, just don't try to reinvent the wheel 4heads lol
    They blame everyone else but themselves. 
    Happens way to often. But not my fault if they are convinced that we don't see them unless they wave their arms. 
  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Circlesho said:

@fluffybunny said:
    It's hard to say sometimes as there's only one real 'emote' while one is on the hook. Personally, I'll twitch if killer is nearby and grab at the hook when no one's coming for save. People will run for the hook/start heading over when you start grabbing at the hook from what I've found. Generally speaking, of course. I've seen people do it for all kinds of reasons, though. I'll also twitch if the person is about to run into a trap. You typically get one person who's hungry for points, though, which is disappointing. It makes it so that the killer is rewarded for lazy gameplay and yes, chilling by the hooked and not seeking out your victim is lazy. I wish less survivors would reward it.

I wouldn't say lazy, it's more braindead. Only people that hard camp while every survivor is working on gens are the new players that want a kill. Nets you no bp and you always lose.

I've seen people like that in purple ranks. :/ Of course we did have someone on our team feeding into it, so he was able to get everyone. Too bad, really. I'd still rather seek out my prey rather than have them come to me, though.