We have been made aware of two new exploits that could potentially be abused to ruin the enjoyment of others. While our team investigates and fixes these issues, we will be banning players who abuse the following (in accordance of our game rules, which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/):
- 2+ killers in a match exploit: Abusing bugs to join a public match a second killer
- Legion mend time exploit: Abusing a bug with Filthy Blade and Nasty Blade add-ons to greatly extend mending time

If you witness a player abusing the Legion mend time exploit, please be sure to report them through the in-game report system. There is no need to report the 2+ killers in a match exploit. We have access to data that will allow us to find the players abusing the exploit.

New Killer Idea: Contagion

yobudddyobuddd Member Posts: 171

First off, Contagion’s general appearance will be goopy and zombie-like, similar to that poor horse next to the circus trailer. His special ability is Plague, which allows him to infect hooks. If he hooks a survivor on one of the infected hooks, then that survivor becomes infected with a virulent, contagious disease. By default, the killer may infect 4 hooks (but may modify this with add-ons). If he infects a 5th, then the first hook infected loses this property (like the Hag’s traps).

The properties of the infection are as follows:
—As long as the survivor is infected, their overall health bar declines at a similar speed as bleeding out when they are crawling. Any health lost in this fashion remains lost if the survivor is later put into the dying state and crawls around.
—If the infected survivor is within X meters of another survivor for X seconds, the disease spreads and infects the other survivor as well. As elaboration, a survivor does not need to be injured to be infected, and the original infected survivor will remain diseased even if they heal from the injured state.
—While infected, skill checks are more common and have a minimum of moderate difficulty.
—To cure the infection, the survivor must ‘Collect Sample’ from an infected hook OR from a glob of goo that periodicall drops off the killer as he roams the map. (These disappear after a short time.) Collecting samples will take about the same amount of time as searching through a chest.
—Once a sample is collected, the survivor may ‘Cure Disease’ on himself or another player (at the risk of becoming infected while helping others). Curing the disease should be about as quick as recovering from Deep Wound.
—Only one sample may be collected at a time, and is only good for curing one survivor.
—A collected sample will degrade over time and become unusable after a while (say, 2 minutes). If this happens, a new sample will need to be collected. (This should prevent all survivors running around with samples ready to go all the time.)

What do you think?

Comments

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 326

I love the idea of survivors being able to infect other survivors through altruism. Provides a simple concept, and a viable means which to counter-play the power.

Infecting the hooks may be a bit too time consuming for the killer and only really allow usage of the power after an initial hook (even the possible spreading to others). Perhaps change the initialization of the power to an M2 attack (a slow, non-lunging attack) that needs time to recharge (fester) so it can't be spammable. And if the infected touches a gen, chest, hook, vault before curing themselves/being cured, that seems like it should also have a chance to infect others who would likewise touch those surfaces.

This feels like it could be put to good use in a Plague Doctor or Patient Zero scenario. Overall, I love the general idea and think the spreading concept could really provide a fresh variation to overall gameplay (and it would definitely make folks trigger-happy with We're Gonna Live Forever think twice before rushing for a hook save before grabbing a cure first).

• yobudddyobuddd Member Posts: 171

@Keene_Kills said:
    I love the idea of survivors being able to infect other survivors through altruism. Provides a simple concept, and a viable means which to counter-play the power.

Infecting the hooks may be a bit too time consuming for the killer and only really allow usage of the power after an initial hook (even the possible spreading to others). Perhaps change the initialization of the power to an M2 attack (a slow, non-lunging attack) that needs time to recharge (fester) so it can't be spammable. And if the infected touches a gen, chest, hook, vault before curing themselves/being cured, that seems like it should also have a chance to infect others who would likewise touch those surfaces.

This feels like it could be put to good use in a Plague Doctor or Patient Zero scenario. Overall, I love the general idea and think the spreading concept could really provide a fresh variation to overall gameplay (and it would definitely make folks trigger-happy with We're Gonna Live Forever think twice before rushing for a hook save before grabbing a cure first).

Absolutely! I really like your idea of infecting other items! In particular the vaults, where a survivor performing a running vault would be more likely to cut themselves. I think infecting hooks is still viable so long as the killer is strategic (always be near one). However your idea is equally viable. A slower or non-lunging attack puts appropriate limits on the killer. The most important thing is that the infection be fairly hard to start as it could be potentially devastating to a group once it gets going.

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 326

I truly hope they give your idea a thorough look and fair consideration... I really believe it could bring something fresh and exciting to the current game.

I just realized I had a loose end that needs to be tied up.

In the event that a survivor’s health drains to zero while infected, they die and the game ends for that player. Their body becomes a breeding ground for the disease and produces a sizable infectious cloud for the remainder of the trial. This should be similar in size the The Clown’s intoxication clouds. Any survivor who enters the cloud is instantly infected. (As a side note, it would be wise to avoid dying near generators!)

Furthermore, if a survivor succumbs to the disease in this manner, the killer should earn significant bloodpoints (as opposed the minimal earnings of a normal bleed out).

I’ve thought of a few additional ideas tha I’m on the fence about and would like to see some community input.

1) Should the infected survivor on the hook have an infection radius? Hook rescues are risky as is. Would it kill off all attempts of altruism if waiting near the hook for the right time can potentially infect you? Should a survivor only be able to infect others when off the hook?

2) Should infected survivors cough and sneeze, similar to grunts of pain?

3) Should infection be guaranteed or probabilistic?
    Example 1: if an infected survivor is within 10 meters of another survivor for 10 seconds, the other survivor becomes infected.
    Example 2: if an infected survivor is within 10 meters of another survivor, every 5 seconds there is a 40% chance that the infection will spread to the other survivor.

4) Should survivors be at risk of infection when collecting samples?

Please share any fun ideas you have about this as well!

I’ve thought of some perks for this killer. I find it very difficult to make balanced perks, so I’m definitely open to ideas for edits.

*Hex: Chronic Disease:* A trapped totem appears in the game area. As it is being cleansed, it triggers a moderate/hard/very hard skill check. Any survivor who misses the skill check gains broken status for the rest of the match. The totem remains until successfully cleansed, potentially affecting multiple survivors.

(Side note - I believe a wider variety of trapped totems in this game would go a long way!)

*Fever:* Increase the size of your terror radius by 10% / 15% / 20%. Survivors halt their recovery from exhaustion while they are within your terror radius.

*Ear Infection:* A survivor can only hear directional audio sounds (including heartbeat) from one side for 30/60/90 seconds after being hit by the killer.