The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

So sad that people actually justify playing swf

135

Comments

  • TheMidnightRidrTheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 288

    Oh yes. Heaven forbid anyone play online with their friends. While there are groups who can wipe the floor with killers, the majority of SWF is just friends wanting to play together. I know you can go to KYF, but some groups might not like playing as killer and actually want bloodpoints for playing. Quit your whining, bud, and grow a pair.

  • ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 413

    @fcc2014 said:
    @ColonGlock I play against SWF all the time and the experience is not terrible it can be challenging, predictable and rewarding. I guess it comes down to personality types.

    Rewarding is not what I would call it. If you enjoy being at a disadvantage good for you. The same type of person who plays killers without add-ons or perks for added challenge. I just want killers to get additional BP for the trouble.

  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,887

    SWF swat squads exists but are few and far in-between. It is the same when people complain about Killer OP addons or Moris , it isn't every game. If it bothers you so much play something else.

  • ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 413

    @fcc2014 said:
    SWF swat squads exists but are few and far in-between. It is the same when people complain about Killer OP addons or Moris , it isn't every game. If it bothers you so much play something else.

    Always the same bull. You will be dodged to oblivion.

  • PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,120
    edited February 5

    @TheMidnightRidr said:
    Oh yes. Heaven forbid anyone play online with their friends. While there are groups who can wipe the floor with killers, the majority of SWF is just friends wanting to play together. I know you can go to KYF, but some groups might not like playing as killer and actually want bloodpoints for playing. Quit your whining, bud, and grow a pair.

    I like that statement, especially this part:

    @TheMidnightRidr said:
    some groups might not like playing as killer

    Now I know this is going to hit you like a truck but keep calm when you read it:

    Some Killers might not like playing against you and your friends.

  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,887

    @ColonGlock said:

    @fcc2014 said:
    @ColonGlock I play against SWF all the time and the experience is not terrible it can be challenging, predictable and rewarding. I guess it comes down to personality types.

    Rewarding is not what I would call it. If you enjoy being at a disadvantage good for you. The same type of person who plays killers without add-ons or perks for added challenge. I just want killers to get additional BP for the trouble.

    I feel rewarded when i can keep them from escaping. Don't dodge, the more you play them the more efficient you become as a killer. Bloodpoints for killers are already good especially if you are running BBQ. They removed the end screen which helps the next is to not show offerings that are secret for either side.

  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,887

    @ColonGlock said:

    @fcc2014 said:
    SWF swat squads exists but are few and far in-between. It is the same when people complain about Killer OP addons or Moris , it isn't every game. If it bothers you so much play something else.

    Always the same bull. You will be dodged to oblivion.

    What exactly are you going to do when everyone loads in at the same time and you have very little chance to discern the difference between swf and and solo survivors. If they are not dressed alike or have similar names how do you plan to "play" around that?

  • TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,144
    edited February 5

    @ColonGlock said:
    Always the same bull. You will be dodged to oblivion.

    Nah... There are plenty of killers that don't dodge. Maybe once or twice... but it isn't that much of an issue.

    I like the dodging... Cause it increases those lobby dodging numbers for the Devs. One day they will look at that stat when it gets too high and there will be a crack down on lobby dodgers.

    I think then those dodging killers are gonna get a rude wake up call. They might want to start gettin gud at Civ.

  • TheMidnightRidrTheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 288

    @PiiFree said:

    Now I know this is going to hit you like a truck but keep calm when you read it:

    Some Killers might not like playing against you and your friends.

    My point was KYF is not a viable alternative. Additionally, if you don't want to play against groups of people in general, why are you playing a matchmaking game? I promise you that if SWF was taken out of the game, DBD would die. I personally like to play with my friends. It makes the game more fun even though I survive less since they're less skilled. Same reason why I like playing Halo with friends, or GTA Online, or Destiny. Games are just more fun with friends. You can't make a blanket statement that all SWF are bad if there are a few bad apples in the bunch. I main killer and I still defend SWF and will as long as there isn't a better alternative.

  • ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 413

    @fcc2014 said:

    @ColonGlock said:

    @fcc2014 said:
    SWF swat squads exists but are few and far in-between. It is the same when people complain about Killer OP addons or Moris , it isn't every game. If it bothers you so much play something else.

    Always the same bull. You will be dodged to oblivion.

    What exactly are you going to do when everyone loads in at the same time and you have very little chance to discern the difference between swf and and solo survivors. If they are not dressed alike or have similar names how do you plan to "play" around that?

    Same thing I do now. I am rank 1 in both roles. Proud of getting rank 1 survivor solo. I play against SWF but I know the deck is stacked and do not like it.

  • PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,120

    @TheMidnightRidr said:
    My point was KYF is not a viable alternative. Additionally, if you don't want to play against groups of people in general, why are you playing a matchmaking game? I promise you that if SWF was taken out of the game, DBD would die. I personally like to play with my friends. It makes the game more fun even though I survive less since they're less skilled. Same reason why I like playing Halo with friends, or GTA Online, or Destiny. Games are just more fun with friends. You can't make a blanket statement that all SWF are bad if there are a few bad apples in the bunch. I main killer and I still defend SWF and will as long as there isn't a better alternative.

    At least you have an alternative. What's the Killers alternative if they don't want to play against people that communicate which each other?

    It's not really about you playing with friends, it's about you guys communication with each other and exchaning important informations. This puts Killers at a disadvantage, so they try to avoid this from happening.

    It's a very logical thing to do and I honestly can't get why people have so much trouble understanding that.

    Not every SWF is toxic, not every SWF is high skilled but (a wild guess based on my experience) 95% of the SWFs use voice communication, so they will exchange important informations and this alone already puts them in a better position than the same people would be without voice communication.

    They can't remove SWF but they could implement different game modes for "SWFs and Casuals" and for competitive players. I never claimed that all SWFs are bad, but most if not all of them are at an advantage that's not intended and not part of the game.

    Voice communication is NOT part of the game. Playing with friends is.

  • LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 680

    @TheMidnightRidr said:

    @PiiFree said:

    Now I know this is going to hit you like a truck but keep calm when you read it:

    Some Killers might not like playing against you and your friends.

    My point was KYF is not a viable alternative. Additionally, if you don't want to play against groups of people in general, why are you playing a matchmaking game? I promise you that if SWF was taken out of the game, DBD would die. I personally like to play with my friends. It makes the game more fun even though I survive less since they're less skilled. Same reason why I like playing Halo with friends, or GTA Online, or Destiny. Games are just more fun with friends. You can't make a blanket statement that all SWF are bad if there are a few bad apples in the bunch. I main killer and I still defend SWF and will as long as there isn't a better alternative.

    SWF it not issue. CWF is and most SWF's are CWF.

    I play CWF with just 1 friend and even duo feels like a god mode with voice coms. People just hate the fact that survi mains throw the argument "I'm sorry but people have friends..." which is most stupid thing to say when its clear to everyone the amount of advantages CWF offer.

    Nobody wants SWF to be removed, it needs to be balanced out.

  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,097

    @Gorgonia said:
    It’s funny when people think voice comm = militar strategy to defeat the killer. I play with friends and while there are a few “hey, bitch come save me”, we mostly joke around and laugh at each other... but well

    Nah you know it is more like "he is headed back to you", "he is on me", "I am opening a gate", "I found his totem", " I am almost finished with the last gen head to the gate", ect ect ect ect.

    I have admit, SWF no longer being able to call out perks after they get killed is pretty cool.

    My friends are so bad at the game they don’t even care if they die... we play to do something together, not to win any tournament
  • PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,120
    edited February 5

    @Gorgonia said:
    It’s funny when people think voice comm = militar strategy to defeat the killer. I play with friends and while there are a few “hey, bitch come save me”, we mostly joke around and laugh at each other... but well

    You're doing exactly what you want Killers to stop doing; you generalize based on YOUR behaviour / experience.

    Just because YOU don't abuse voice communication, doesn't mean NO SWF does it.

    We all know that both situations are very realistic so trying to talk it down with the "I never do that, I just want to have fun with friends" isn't exactly going to solve the issue for Killers because THEY will still face Cancer squads.

    While I appreciate that you don't abuse voice communication, it would be nice if you could look a little bit further than just your own monitor & think about the Killers that have to deal with other types of SWFs. Maybe, just maybe you can even start to develop some sort of empathy for those? And agree to the fact that Voice communication CAN and WILL be abused? And that in that case, it DOES provide a significant advantage?

    Maybe you might even come to the conclusion that voice communication - after thinking about all the possibilities and advantages it brings - actually does require some nerfs and balance adjustments?

    Instead of just saying "I never abuse it, therefore is must be fine!".

  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,097
    PiiFree said:

    @Gorgonia said:
    It’s funny when people think voice comm = militar strategy to defeat the killer. I play with friends and while there are a few “hey, bitch come save me”, we mostly joke around and laugh at each other... but well

    You're doing exactly what you want Killers to stop doing; you generalize based on YOUR behaviour / experience.

    Just because YOU don't abuse voice communication, doesn't mean NO SWF does it.

    We all know that both situations are very realistic so trying to talk it down with the "I never do that, I just want to have fun with friends" isn't exactly going to solve the issue for Killers because THEY will still face Cancer squads.

    While I appreciate that you don't abuse voice communication, it would be nice if you could look a little bit further than just your own monitor & think about the Killers that have to deal with other types of SWFs. Maybe, just maybe you can even start to develop some sort of empathy for those? And agree to the fact that Voice communication CAN and WILL be abused? And that in that case, it DOES provide a significant advantage?

    Maybe you might even come to the conclusion that voice communication - after thinking about all the possibilities and advantages it brings - actually does require some nerfs and balance adjustments?

    Instead of just saying "I never abuse it, therefore is must be fine!".

    At least voice comm gives me something to do while killers dodge by asuming everyone is SWF. And I didn’t generalize. I replied to a generalization by explaining my case.

    And empathy for killers? After the last couple of weeks of 1 hour lobby waits? Nah, thank you...
  • PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,120

    @Gorgonia said:
    At least voice comm gives me something to do while killers dodge by asuming everyone is SWF. And I didn’t generalize. I replied to a generalization by explaining my case.

    And empathy for killers? After the last couple of weeks of 1 hour lobby waits? Nah, thank you...

    Where ignorance is bliss...

    I hope you realize that you are the root of the problem you constantly face? And now you're basically asking Killers to have empathy with you for those waiting times.

    Can't lie, I'm fascinated by that logic!

  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,097
    PiiFree said:

    @Gorgonia said:
    At least voice comm gives me something to do while killers dodge by asuming everyone is SWF. And I didn’t generalize. I replied to a generalization by explaining my case.

    And empathy for killers? After the last couple of weeks of 1 hour lobby waits? Nah, thank you...

    Where ignorance is bliss...

    I hope you realize that you are the root of the problem you constantly face? And now you're basically asking Killers to have empathy with you for those waiting times.

    Can't lie, I'm fascinated by that logic!

    I’m root to nothing, but whatever. My SWF games are 5 in 100. We hardly ever get a lobby so we disband and play solo while still on voice comm.

    Well, I could say I’m fascinated by your logic too, because killers dodge everything they don’t like... swf, clothes, items, names, yet I have to endure such behavior on a daily basis, where’s that empathy.
  • perotxperotx Member Posts: 77

    So sad that you think playing with friends is sad. I bet you never had a friend.

  • WateryWatery Member Posts: 965
    Bias: look, everyone has got it, and we all can be affected by it. But there’s some points where it’s silly; like this post. If you can learn to play AROUND a SWF, it can be easier. It’s a you problem, not a them problem. If you can’t handle the slightest bit of a differential standpoint, you’re better of just not saying anything period.
    SWF is a grey area. Sure you’ve got comms, but consider HOW they’re playing. Most SWF I’ve played against were both fun and friendly, but if take the teeniest percent and say it’s a majority, that’s an issue.
  • PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,120

    @Gorgonia said:
    I’m root to nothing, but whatever. My SWF games are 5 in 100. We hardly ever get a lobby so we disband and play solo while still on voice comm.

    Well, I could say I’m fascinated by your logic too, because killers dodge everything they don’t like... swf, clothes, items, names, yet I have to endure such behavior on a daily basis, where’s that empathy.

    I never claimed Killers are saints, I'm just providing legit explanations as to why Killers try to avoid SWFs and solely that. Yes, by playing in SWFs you automatically became part of the problem.

    I'd bet my secondary control unit that at least one Killer reconsidered their lobby behaviour and started to pay more attention to the players in the lobby after they faced you. Almost guaranteed. Whenever you completly destroy a Killer with a SWF, that Killer is going to look for excuses and they'll find it in your SWF.... and TADAAA; one more Killer that tries to avoid SWFs - that's how fast this problem spreads.

    For the record, I never dodge a lobby because of SWFs because I myself sometimes play in one - but I often regret not dodging them. The difference in my SWFs is that we usually play WITH the Killer AGAINST each other instead of playing TOGETHER AGAINST the Killer.

    We put the Killer in a neutral position while we make ourselves our biggest enemies. They have fun, we have fun, perfect.

  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,097
    PiiFree said:

    @Gorgonia said:
    I’m root to nothing, but whatever. My SWF games are 5 in 100. We hardly ever get a lobby so we disband and play solo while still on voice comm.

    Well, I could say I’m fascinated by your logic too, because killers dodge everything they don’t like... swf, clothes, items, names, yet I have to endure such behavior on a daily basis, where’s that empathy.

    I never claimed Killers are saints, I'm just providing legit explanations as to why Killers try to avoid SWFs and solely that. Yes, by playing in SWFs you automatically became part of the problem.

    I'd bet my secondary control unit that at least one Killer reconsidered their lobby behaviour and started to pay more attention to the players in the lobby after they faced you. Almost guaranteed. Whenever you completly destroy a Killer with a SWF, that Killer is going to look for excuses and they'll find it in your SWF.... and TADAAA; one more Killer that tries to avoid SWFs - that's how fast this problem spreads.

    For the record, I never dodge a lobby because of SWFs because I myself sometimes play in one - but I often regret not dodging them. The difference in my SWFs is that we usually play WITH the Killer AGAINST each other instead of playing TOGETHER AGAINST the Killer.

    We put the Killer in a neutral position while we make ourselves our biggest enemies. They have fun, we have fun, perfect.

    Still, SWF is not the problem, it is at least the means to another problem. Like I said before, my friends are bad and playing in SWF doesn’t make them any better. And good survivors will still be good even if playing solo. The problem is how some SWF groups use this feature. Blocking voice comms is stupid. I can pretty much make a voice chat on my phone and still talk to friends there. There’s no way to control that.
    What should change tho is how solo and SWF work towards the goal. And what limits or handicaps you could add to SWF mode to keep it from having the same possibilities as a solo player.
  • PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,120
    edited February 5

    @Gorgonia said:
    Still, SWF is not the problem, it is at least the means to another problem. Like I said before, my friends are bad and playing in SWF doesn’t make them any better. And good survivors will still be good even if playing solo. The problem is how some SWF groups use this feature. Blocking voice comms is stupid. I can pretty much make a voice chat on my phone and still talk to friends there. There’s no way to control that.
    What should change tho is how solo and SWF work towards the goal. And what limits or handicaps you could add to SWF mode to keep it from having the same possibilities as a solo player.

    It's great to see this transformation.

    You're absolutely right, SWF per se is not the problem but it's often related to it. You're also right that blocking voice communication, is simply not possible.

    You said yourself that it should be adjusted regarding balance, but sadly that is not the case at the moment. The only possibilities Killers have to avoid the "possibly unfair SWFs" are:

    • Dodge SWFs
    • Equip strong add-ons to make up for the imbalance
    • Don't care about it and risk getting destroyed on a regular base

    People will run out of strong add-ons, so that's not constantly possible. People will start to get frustrated when they keep losing, so that's also not constantly possible. What's left is "Dodging SWFs".

    It's the unfortunate reality and it sucks for a big part of the playerbase, Killers and Survivors alike. Lack of balance. That's the MAIN problem.

  • Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,654
    SWF.
    Both keeping the game alive, and killing it at the same time.
  • megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 515

    @Dwight_Fairfield said:
    megdonalds said:

    I always play solo, never understood that must-play-SWF thingy.

    There's no such thing. People do it because they want to. Not because they must. Playing with friends on online multiplayer games promotes this thing wonderful thing called fun. 

    So this sounds like you don't or you can't have fun when playing solo? Well, that is your problem then. Ofc it can be more funny when you do some SWF matches with a streamer or whatever but i don't need SWF to have fun in general in this game.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @fcc2014 said:
    @ColonGlock I play against SWF all the time and the experience is not terrible it can be challenging, predictable and rewarding. I guess it comes down to personality types.

    Sure, some guys like facing those toxic squads, some prefer facing a depip squad but others prefer facing solo players and playing the game as it was orignially intended.

    What I dont understand however is how everybody can deny the fact that the game must be balanced around voice comms

  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,887

    @Master No i completely agree that the game needs be balanced around voice coms. Solo needs as much information as swf has. Once that is achieved they need to buff Killers and perks accordingly. I thought and continue to believe they are working in this direction.

  • Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 2,187

    @Dwight_Fairfield said:
    megdonalds said:

    I always play solo, never understood that must-play-SWF thingy.

    There's no such thing. People do it because they want to. Not because they must. Playing with friends on online multiplayer games promotes this thing wonderful thing called fun. 

    So this sounds like you don't or you can't have fun when playing solo? Well, that is your problem then. Ofc it can be more funny when you do some SWF matches with a streamer or whatever but i don't need SWF to have fun in general in this game.

    It sounds like nothing of the sort. You can have fun playing solo. But you can have even more fun playing with friends.

    Simple as that.
  • Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

    @Meme said:
    I get it, you are insecure about your own skills as a survivor,but always doing swf is so sad. Like my god can someone please tell me what the point of playing killer is if I'm versing 4 perfectly coordinated survivors.at least during the event I can dc so they don't get there 25 lunar points.

    The amount of edge is off the charts. Do us all a favor, if you don't like it, play something else.

Sign In or Register to comment.