The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

So sad that people actually justify playing swf

124

Comments

  • TeambossFlozeTeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

    @Meme said:
    I get it, you are insecure about your own skills as a survivor,but always doing swf is so sad. Like my god can someone please tell me what the point of playing killer is if I'm versing 4 perfectly coordinated survivors.at least during the event I can dc so they don't get there 25 lunar points.

    Do you play on PC xbox or Ps4?

  • NathanExplosionNathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

    @PiiFree said:

    Where ignorance is bliss...

    I hope you realize that you are the root of the problem you constantly face? And now you're basically asking Killers to have empathy with you for those waiting times.

    Can't lie, I'm fascinated by that logic!

    I imagine them like this while reading :

  • MilkymalkMilkymalk Member Posts: 149

    @pemberley said:
    What is NOT okay is the groups that do try to make the killer miserable. Body blocking. Dsing. Blinds at the pallet. Wantonly tea bagging. 360ing. REFUSING TO LEAVE THE MAP AFTER THE GAME IS OVER AND GATES ARE OPENED. etc. And that needs to be resolved.

    DS is a thing and I have accepted that in nearly every game, there will be someone I have to catch one additional time. Or just ignore, especially if he is wearing flashy clothes and taunts me all the time. He is probably the one totally out of rank who is responsibe for keeping me occupied while his baby friends do gens.
    Body blocking? That's okay, they trade me a free hit for an escape. Not even salty when that happens.

    The rest however? Real problems. Especially the last survivor walking all over the map to look for that extra 2k points from the hatch, instead of just leaving through the gate that has been open for ages and is on the other side of the map.

  • malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 530
    Rank 1 Freddy/Myers/Doc here. There are definitely games that come up against SWF where I get trucked. It happens to me. It haplens to everyone.

    That said, it doesn't happen to me every game. Most games I'm getting 2-3 kills. That seems balanced to me. Even on a 1k game I'm still likely going to more than likely black PIP, so who cares? As a killer I don't play for the 4k. I just want competitive games. 

    If you find yourself getting repeatedly trucked by SWF teams, then maybe you need to find a killer or loadout that works better for you.

    If you're a killer that doesn't get trucked all the time by SWF, you just get annoyed on the occasions that it does happen, maybe you should just grow up a bit and realize that sometimes you're going to lose a game. And maybe be thankful that most games last about 8-10 minutes so it's not like you're stuck getting shat on for a half hour or more.

    That's just my take. Admittedly I am a survivor main by about a 3:1 ratio. However, rank 1 at both with non-optimal killers (I play a lot).
  • MilkymalkMilkymalk Member Posts: 149
    edited February 5

    @TheMidnightRidr said:
    I promise you that if SWF was taken out of the game, DBD would die.

    You DO realize that for its first few months, there was no SWF and at some time survivors would lobby-dodge until they wound up in the same game as their friends? SWF was introduced to stop that. Until then, there was no SWF mode. The game was balanced around being isolated.

  • SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 3,316
    edited February 5

    @Milkymalk said:

    @TheMidnightRidr said:
    I promise you that if SWF was taken out of the game, DBD would die.

    You DO realize that for its first few months, there was no SWF and at some time survivors would lobby-dodge until they wound up in the same game as their friends? SWF was introduced to stop that. Until then, there was no SWF mode. The game was balanced around being isolated.

    No it wasn't, they stated a few streams ago when they released they only had time to do KYF or SWF, and they opted for KYF.

    Stop spreading misinformation - SWF was always intended.

    what wasn't intended is player being so poor at the game that they can't handle it.

  • malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 530
    Milkymalk said:

    @TheMidnightRidr said:
    I promise you that if SWF was taken out of the game, DBD would die.

    You DO realize that for its first few months, there was no SWF and at some time survivors would lobby-dodge until they wound up in the same game as their friends? SWF was introduced to stop that. Until then, there was no SWF mode. The game was balanced around being isolated.

    You do realize that there are about 10 more killers from when the game started and dozens more newer perks. There have also been multiple changes to some of the perks that existed at launch.

    The balance of the game has been tweaked multiple times since launch and since SWF was added to the game.
  • MilkymalkMilkymalk Member Posts: 149

    @SenzuDuck said:
    No it wasn't, they stated a few streams ago when they released they only had time to do KYF or SWF, and they opted for KYF.

    "few streams ago" is fine and all, but back when it was introduced, they said that the constant lobby-hopping was the reason behind the decision for SWF. It wasn't even announced before that. I experienced it all back then and it was unbearable. 10 or so people would leave your lobby (or the same person over and over again) until all 4 would stay and play.

  • Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,576

    SWF? I'm okay with it. It's important for the game to have...

    However...

    If I see people running around together, I'll usually tunnel one and use the Altruism against them.

  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,882

    @Dwight_Confusion said:
    SWF? I'm okay with it. It's important for the game to have...

    However...

    If I see people running around together, I'll usually tunnel one and use the Altruism against them.

    And people will yell tunneler but it is the smart play. It may stop someone from doing a generator or the rest of the team to try to get the hook save and prevent that person from going back up on the hook.

  • Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,576

    @fcc2014 said:

    @Dwight_Confusion said:
    SWF? I'm okay with it. It's important for the game to have...

    However...

    If I see people running around together, I'll usually tunnel one and use the Altruism against them.

    And people will yell tunneler but it is the smart play. It may stop someone from doing a generator or the rest of the team to try to get the hook save and prevent that person from going back up on the hook.

    I got 1 on the hook... and 1 person trying to bait me away...

    What do I do? That means 2 people at best are on gens. With a good chance that 1 of them are around and hidden and see me camping.

    So at best 1 hooked, 1 baiting, 1 hiding around... and 1 on gens.

    At worst: 1 hooked, 1 baiting and 2 on gens.

    This is usually how it works. There's usually someone close by wanting a quick 1k points and 500 later on the safe rescue. If I know there's someone nearby... I'm not going to leave.

  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,882

    @Dwight_Confusion said:

    I got 1 on the hook... and 1 person trying to bait me away...

    What do I do? That means 2 people at best are on gens. With a good chance that 1 of them are around and hidden and see me camping.

    So at best 1 hooked, 1 baiting, 1 hiding around... and 1 on gens.

    At worst: 1 hooked, 1 baiting and 2 on gens.

    This is usually how it works. There's usually someone close by wanting a quick 1k points and 500 later on the safe rescue. If I know there's someone nearby... I'm not going to leave.

    EXACTLY this is what people don't get about SWF. Most SWF are not going to gen rush you off the board. They want everyone to escape and will die trying to make that so.

  • ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 413
    edited February 5

    SWF for sure gen rushes. It is when the gates are open that opportunities to punish them arrive since they do not leave men behind. Well, at least we have discordance. This helps. If you do not have it yet make it a priority on all your killers. Once you do get it- pay attention to it and break chases to cause chaos.

  • The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Just had my first 4 man Squadette in a while...

    Holy [BAD WORD] I've never seen the gens go so fast. They had 1 BNP but the rest didn't have toolboxes or anything.

    This is why Ebony moris exist. If 4 people go in with co-ordination to rush the hell out of the gens then there it's really hard to combat that. Obviously once one finds Ruin they all know where it is. I think the game is balanced around survivors playing stealthy and exploring a bit.

    I got 3 due to the mori but the last one got a free escape due to the king of all crutch perks.
  • Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,310

    @Dreamnomad said:

    @ColonGlock said:
    Give killers more bp for dealing with that crap.

    Killers already get way more bloodpoints than survivors.

    Killers who get destroyed by 3-4 man SWF are lucky to break 15k during those matches.

    Survivors who get camped/tunneled from the start are lucky to get 1k. How does that matter? I'll take 15k for not getting a single kill over 500 pts because someone decided to camp the first hook to death.

    You act like every swf is a hit squad. Most suck and are an easy 4k. Problem is the good ones stick out more. Use them to get better. That is how I learned to hit the 360, or anticipate the flashlight save. Heck, if not for those hit squads, I would be struggling more as a killer. Instead, they inadvertently helped get better so I could wrek most games if I want to.
  • BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 678

    @Milkymalk said:

    @TheMidnightRidr said:
    I promise you that if SWF was taken out of the game, DBD would die.

    You DO realize that for its first few months, there was no SWF and at some time survivors would lobby-dodge until they wound up in the same game as their friends? SWF was introduced to stop that. Until then, there was no SWF mode. The game was balanced around being isolated.

    It wasn't.
    SWF was intended to be in game from the start , they didn't have the time to add it before release and they didn't want to delay the release.

  • Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

    @Gorgonia said:

    If KYF had a bp reward, even if minimum, people would play it more. Not only as a training mode.

    But the argument is about playing for fun. SWF is fun, playing killer in KYF is fun, so no need for BP, am I right?

  • DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 1,974

    @ColonGlock said:

    @Dreamnomad said:

    @ColonGlock said:
    Give killers more bp for dealing with that crap.

    Killers already get way more bloodpoints than survivors.

    Killers who get destroyed by 3-4 man SWF are lucky to break 15k during those matches.

    And survivors who get destroyed by the killer are lucky to break 5k. None of this is even factoring in the difference between BBQ and WGLF.

  • BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 678

    @megdonalds said:

    @Dwight_Fairfield said:
    megdonalds said:

    I always play solo, never understood that must-play-SWF thingy.

    There's no such thing. People do it because they want to. Not because they must. Playing with friends on online multiplayer games promotes this thing wonderful thing called fun. 

    So this sounds like you don't or you can't have fun when playing solo? Well, that is your problem then. Ofc it can be more funny when you do some SWF matches with a streamer or whatever but i don't need SWF to have fun in general in this game.

    Or maybe some people prefer playing games with friends in general?
    Why would friends who are all online same time play solo when they can have fun together?

  • ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 413
    edited February 6

    @Dreamnomad said:

    @ColonGlock said:

    @Dreamnomad said:

    @ColonGlock said:
    Give killers more bp for dealing with that crap.

    Killers already get way more bloodpoints than survivors.

    Killers who get destroyed by 3-4 man SWF are lucky to break 15k during those matches.

    And survivors who get destroyed by the killer are lucky to break 5k. None of this is even factoring in the difference between BBQ and WGLF.

    Survivors have more matches. I play survivor and normally make 20-35k with WGLF/prove thyself and the matches are way less stressful than killer ones.

  • Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    SenzuDuck said:

    @Milkymalk said:

    @TheMidnightRidr said:
    I promise you that if SWF was taken out of the game, DBD would die.

    You DO realize that for its first few months, there was no SWF and at some time survivors would lobby-dodge until they wound up in the same game as their friends? SWF was introduced to stop that. Until then, there was no SWF mode. The game was balanced around being isolated.

    No it wasn't, they stated a few streams ago when they released they only had time to do KYF or SWF, and they opted for KYF.

    Stop spreading misinformation - SWF was always intended.

    what wasn't intended is player being so poor at the game that they can't handle it.

    Half truths are misinformation as well. You finish that statement where the devs say that voice coms aren't intended and they can't do anything about them.
  • MemeMeme Member Posts: 275

    @malloymk said:
    Rank 1 Freddy/Myers/Doc here. There are definitely games that come up against SWF where I get trucked. It happens to me. It haplens to everyone.

    That said, it doesn't happen to me every game. Most games I'm getting 2-3 kills. That seems balanced to me. Even on a 1k game I'm still likely going to more than likely black PIP, so who cares? As a killer I don't play for the 4k. I just want competitive games. 

    If you find yourself getting repeatedly trucked by SWF teams, then maybe you need to find a killer or loadout that works better for you.

    If you're a killer that doesn't get trucked all the time by SWF, you just get annoyed on the occasions that it does happen, maybe you should just grow up a bit and realize that sometimes you're going to lose a game. And maybe be thankful that most games last about 8-10 minutes so it's not like you're stuck getting shat on for a half hour or more.

    That's just my take. Admittedly I am a survivor main by about a 3:1 ratio. However, rank 1 at both with non-optimal killers (I play a lot).

    Yeah ok, thanks for the advice. Guess you can't win em all am i right? :)

  • tgrabtgrab Member Posts: 68

    i just like playing with my friends

  • MilkymalkMilkymalk Member Posts: 149

    @ColonGlock said:
    Survivors have more matches. I play survivor and normally make 20-35k with WGLF/prove thyself and the matches are way less stressful than killer ones.

    This. I enjoy playing killer much more than playing survivor, but actually I play about 3-4 survivor games for each killer game I play when grinding up BP because playing killer is quite stressful and playing survivor has many quiet moments to relax.

    Also, don't forget to take game length into account. A survivor who dies with 10k points can start a new game right away. A killer has to stay in the game the whole time for his higher points average.

  • BACKSTABBERBACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

    SWF is more competitive, more fun, more intense, more risky, more emotion... BETTER

  • TheMidnightRidrTheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 288

    @Laakeri said:

    @TheMidnightRidr said:

    @PiiFree said:

    Now I know this is going to hit you like a truck but keep calm when you read it:

    Some Killers might not like playing against you and your friends.

    My point was KYF is not a viable alternative. Additionally, if you don't want to play against groups of people in general, why are you playing a matchmaking game? I promise you that if SWF was taken out of the game, DBD would die. I personally like to play with my friends. It makes the game more fun even though I survive less since they're less skilled. Same reason why I like playing Halo with friends, or GTA Online, or Destiny. Games are just more fun with friends. You can't make a blanket statement that all SWF are bad if there are a few bad apples in the bunch. I main killer and I still defend SWF and will as long as there isn't a better alternative.

    People just hate the fact that survi mains throw the argument "I'm sorry but people have friends..." which is most stupid thing to say when its clear to everyone the amount of advantages CWF offer.

    I main killer, buddy. Rank 1 killer every reset within a few days and around rank 7 or 8 survivor. Don't use blanket statements like that.

  • JohnTedJohnTed Member Posts: 55

    @Okapi said:
    Gamzello said:

    SWF groups has a higher chance of winning against killers. But it doesn’t necessarily mean that all SWF are good. I play with my bf on PS4 and we’re like average. We still have our moments of losing or dying mid-match.

    Just dodge if you see a 4-man?

    The devs are going to change how lobbies work so all 4 survivors load in at the same time no matter if they’re 4 solos or a full SWF squad.

    Dodging will be useless soon. 

    There are too many snowflake killers.
    I always played with my 2-3 netizens but only few times we can escape together. Most of the time, 2-3 were sacrificed.
    Those snowflake killers only want 4k. I think Dev should make a upper boundary for bloodpoint earn. Killers earning bloodpoint is too easy. They can make a lot of mistake, be skill-less, be brainless to win.

  • PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,120
    edited February 6

    @Tzeentchling9 said:
    Half truths are misinformation as well. You finish that statement where the devs say that voice coms aren't intended and they can't do anything about them.

    Of course he's not going to mention that because it would hurt his own argument... but then talking about spreading misinformation ;)

  • Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

    @Laakeri said:

    @TheMidnightRidr said:

    @PiiFree said:

    Now I know this is going to hit you like a truck but keep calm when you read it:

    Some Killers might not like playing against you and your friends.

    My point was KYF is not a viable alternative. Additionally, if you don't want to play against groups of people in general, why are you playing a matchmaking game? I promise you that if SWF was taken out of the game, DBD would die. I personally like to play with my friends. It makes the game more fun even though I survive less since they're less skilled. Same reason why I like playing Halo with friends, or GTA Online, or Destiny. Games are just more fun with friends. You can't make a blanket statement that all SWF are bad if there are a few bad apples in the bunch. I main killer and I still defend SWF and will as long as there isn't a better alternative.

    People just hate the fact that survi mains throw the argument "I'm sorry but people have friends..." which is most stupid thing to say when its clear to everyone the amount of advantages CWF offer.

    It's their favorite flavor of Red Herring. It's great to offer your friendship to the killer also in response to that argument. Then all of the sudden that arguement is no longer valid.
Sign In or Register to comment.