The 3.3.0 PTB has been closed. Please be sure to leave any feedback you may have here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/3-3-0-ptb
If you have a moment, we'd also appreciate if you could fill out The Archives survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J83Q56Z
Thank you!
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Is my way of gameplay bannable?

camp3r_tunn3l3rcamp3r_tunn3l3r Member Posts: 8
edited February 7 in General Discussions

Hello fellow members.
I have been playing this game for 7 months now on PS4. I started camping and tunneling survivors from my first games, since this strategy is the most efficient for me. And I feel no shame to admit it. Also, it is my response to the toxicity of some survivors. I always reach rank 1 every time the rank resets and I usually get 4Ks, because of this. But I have received a lot of hate messages and I'm starting to worry that I'll get banned because everyone reports me. I don't mind the hate messages. I really like the salt (it feeds me more), but I don't like getting reported for playing the game in a legit way. What do you guys think? Will I get banned?

Post edited by camp3r_tunn3l3r on
Tagged:

Comments

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    It's not bannable, no. Ignore them. False reports, though, that'll get you banned.

  • AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 2,996
    You wont get banned unless you break the rules simple as. I think
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    @BigBadPiggy said:
    No it Isn't, It's just heavily, and I mean HEAVILY frowned upon.

    ...by survivors.
    Just finishing your sentence.

  • lasombra1979lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,042
    Tunnelling and camping are not bannable. 
  • HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    No its not bannable, keep doing as much as you want if you enjoy it. 
    Just a little advice: its more fun to chase and hook multiple survivors constantly in a row as killer, try that out because I don't think standing in front of a hook is that much fun gameplay for you and the survivors. Unless you only play killer for the salt, then nevermind what I said cuz camping (+noed) is the most efficient way to get salt. 
  • camp3r_tunn3l3rcamp3r_tunn3l3r Member Posts: 8
    Thank you for your answers guys. I feel relieved now
    HavelmomDaS1 said:
    No its not bannable, keep doing as much as you want if you enjoy it. 
    Just a little advice: its more fun to chase and hook multiple survivors constantly in a row as killer, try that out because I don't think standing in front of a hook is that much fun gameplay for you and the survivors. Unless you only play killer for the salt, then nevermind what I said cuz camping (+noed) is the most efficient way to get salt. 
    I don't face camp, I just proxy camp and sometimes I do trades with the survivors
  • YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 1,221
    Wait... You enjoy standing by the hook since 7 months? Doesn't that become boring at some point?
  • camp3r_tunn3l3rcamp3r_tunn3l3r Member Posts: 8
    edited February 7
    Yamaoka said:
    Wait... You enjoy standing by the hook since 7 months? Doesn't that become boring at some point?
    I just proxy camp and 4Ks are never boring
  • YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 1,221
    Yamaoka said:
    Wait... You enjoy standing by the hook since 7 months? Doesn't that become boring at some point?
    I just proxy camp and 4Ks are never boring
    4ks can in fact be boring if you get them too easily. I literally had 4 disconnects yesterday in less than 3 minutes when I played Billy. I didn't feel like a winner. It's just boring and a waste of my spare time. Had another game as doctor (about 10 minutes) and put so much pressure on all survivors they'd start hiding. That's a 4k I enjoy. 
  • I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 1,078

    @BigBadPiggy said:

    @Orion said:

    @BigBadPiggy said:
    No it Isn't, It's just heavily, and I mean HEAVILY frowned upon.

    ...by survivors.
    Just finishing your sentence.

    Some killers as well.

    I second that

  • venom12784venom12784 Member Posts: 237
    This is one of the reason why I like Dbd so much. You can basically do what ever you want. With the exception of hacking and griefing / harrassing players. 
  • EntityDispleasedEntityDispleased Member Posts: 1,449
    Does it make you win without any unfair advantage?--> Yes?--> Keep doing it.
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,784

    it won't get you banned and people may have issues with how you play, just don't get mad when you get gen rushed because of your style of play. You are being honest with how you play most come on here and won't admit why they get beat playing that similar strategy.

  • Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,712

    @Yamaoka said:
    camp3r_tunn3l3r said:


    Yamaoka said:

    Wait... You enjoy standing by the hook since 7 months? Doesn't that become boring at some point?

    I just proxy camp and 4Ks are never boring

    4ks can in fact be boring if you get them too easily. I literally had 4 disconnects yesterday in less than 3 minutes when I played Billy. I didn't feel like a winner. It's just boring and a waste of my spare time. Had another game as doctor (about 10 minutes) and put so much pressure on all survivors they'd start hiding. That's a 4k I enjoy. 

    Problem with that is that fun is subjective. Sure you don't find easy 4ks fun (I myself enjoy the occasional easy 4k. But don't take this as me completely disagreeing with you), but other people enjoy being fed 4k and salt. I do enjoy a little struggle myself =)

  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 6,632

    The amount of reports doesn't matter to getting banned. (Xbox was [BAD WORD] for a long while.)
    Just follow the rules and don't act like a dick like them. You'll be fine.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @camp3r_tunn3l3r said:
    Hello fellow members.
    I have been playing this game for 7 months now on PS4. I started camping and tunneling survivors from my first games, since this strategy is the most efficient for me. And I feel no shame to admit it. Also, it is my response to the toxicity of some survivors. I always reach rank 1 every time the rank resets and I usually get 4Ks, because of this. But I have received a lot of hate messages and I'm starting to worry that I'll get banned because everyone reports me. I don't mind the hate messages. I really like the salt (it feeds me more), but I don't like getting reported for playing the game in a legit way. What do you guys think? Will I get banned?

    No, just ignore the crying baby survivors :wink:

  • The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

    This man wears his Leatherface avatar proudly :)

  • tt_ivi_99tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,257
    It's not bannable. But I'll make sure to teabag you as much as I can if I see you doing It :chuffed:
  • Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,261

    camp3r_tunn3l3r No, it is not bannable. That said, don't complain about the hate fed your way though. You mention toxic survivors, but you are playing a very toxic way. Let's be honest here folks, flashlight blinding, pallet looping, DS striking, tea bagging, body blocking, hook swarming, hook farming, etc, etc is NOT bannable, but it is also frustrating (to some extent) gameplay. (In all honesty, what choice do survivors have other than to pallet loop..stealth is a joke of an option now days - especially for Doc and Legion matches.)

    If you are going to camp and tunnel, you are playing toxic and will receive hate for it. If you are going to tea bagging, hook swarming, entering with a 4-man SWF all with DS and flashlights/tool boxes then you are likely there to be toxic. It is not something that can get you banned, but you are still one of the low-lifes of this game and deserve whatever criticism you receive (that includes hard tunneling and first-hook camping).

    The problem with this game is it encourages the horrid behavior of the lowest-common denominator within the player base. Thus why players like Ochido existed in the first place. It encourages the cry-baby mentality that so many killers on this forum have (looking at you too TydeTyme), and the venom of the survivors as well (again..Ochido types). If BHVR really wants this game to grow and be all it can be, they will clean up some of the gameplay, and start enforcing rules with a tad more sportsmanship. Make it 100% clear what they see as balanced results (right now, they have said a 2k in each match is ideal), and shut down the crybaby killers that demand a 4k or its not balanced. Start putting limits on the more toxic gameplay. Hard camping/tunneling (you know you do it Wraith mains!) and 4-man SWFs with DS. (Limit DS to one player in a match and they are auto-obsession).

    I'm not going to pretend that my ideas are not necessarily the best ones, but until this community embraces the fact that both killers and survivors have toxic styles of play that are purely frustrating to the other side, this game will never sniff balance of any kind.

  • I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 1,078

    @Warlock_2020 said:
    camp3r_tunn3l3r No, it is not bannable. That said, don't complain about the hate fed your way though. You mention toxic survivors, but you are playing a very toxic way. Let's be honest here folks, flashlight blinding, pallet looping, DS striking, tea bagging, body blocking, hook swarming, hook farming, etc, etc is NOT bannable, but it is also frustrating (to some extent) gameplay. (In all honesty, what choice do survivors have other than to pallet loop..stealth is a joke of an option now days - especially for Doc and Legion matches.)

    If you are going to camp and tunnel, you are playing toxic and will receive hate for it. If you are going to tea bagging, hook swarming, entering with a 4-man SWF all with DS and flashlights/tool boxes then you are likely there to be toxic. It is not something that can get you banned, but you are still one of the low-lifes of this game and deserve whatever criticism you receive (that includes hard tunneling and first-hook camping).

    The problem with this game is it encourages the horrid behavior of the lowest-common denominator within the player base. Thus why players like Ochido existed in the first place. It encourages the cry-baby mentality that so many killers on this forum have (looking at you too TydeTyme), and the venom of the survivors as well (again..Ochido types). If BHVR really wants this game to grow and be all it can be, they will clean up some of the gameplay, and start enforcing rules with a tad more sportsmanship. Make it 100% clear what they see as balanced results (right now, they have said a 2k in each match is ideal), and shut down the crybaby killers that demand a 4k or its not balanced. Start putting limits on the more toxic gameplay. Hard camping/tunneling (you know you do it Wraith mains!) and 4-man SWFs with DS. (Limit DS to one player in a match and they are auto-obsession).

    I'm not going to pretend that my ideas are not necessarily the best ones, but until this community embraces the fact that both killers and survivors have toxic styles of play that are purely frustrating to the other side, this game will never sniff balance of any kind.

  • PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 3,887
    No, it's not bannable. We check each report on an individual basis so you do not need to worry about false reports, they won't do anything.
Sign In or Register to comment.