Home› Discussions› General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Rank Incentives 👍👎

I personally feel like rank incentives should be a thing. Something like the higher rank you are as surv/killer the higher the rewards. I’m not sure what the rewards would be but not something to generous that would ruin the game and make for a lot of sweaty matches. What you guys think 👍👎

Comments

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,823

I think at rank 1 you should earn 10,000 bonus bloodpoints for each pip you earn in a match. That would make getting to rank 1 worthwhile as well as reward doing well at rank 1.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,065

That would be terrible for Survivors as Killers would use whatever dirty tactics just to win. Not that it would be much different, but fair play still means something, player to player. There's still a person on the other side of the screen.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294

Give people a reason to stay at high ranks. Doesn't matter what it is, just give them a reason that makes them think it's worth being there.

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,147
    Be fine with end of season rewards based on your rank.
  • Kamikaze_RoseKamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 236

Don't expect it anytime soon. We're still waiting on leaderboards.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,028

@Dreamnomad said:
    I think at rank 1 you should earn 10,000 bonus bloodpoints for each pip you earn in a match. That would make getting to rank 1 worthwhile as well as reward doing well at rank 1.

I would love this actually.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,823

@thesuicidefox said:

@Dreamnomad said:

I would love this actually.

I'd like to claim credit for the idea, but I saw someone else post the idea a long time ago and liked it myself. Now I bring it up whenever it seems on topic. I don't recall who originally posted it or I would give credit.

• starkiller1286starkiller1286 Member Posts: 708
    I guess shards can be given each rank reset for reaching rank 1
  • twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,050
    Make it fun and.....that's It really.

Incentives are nice an all but if its not enjoyable it's still not worth it.
  • NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Coriander said:
    That would be terrible for Survivors as Killers would use whatever dirty tactics just to win. Not that it would be much different, but fair play still means something, player to player. There's still a person on the other side of the screen.

But consider this: At the moment, there are a lot of experienced players who derank on purpose so that they can play against weaker opponents. Isn't that even worse? A reward for getting to and staying in the high ranks could help with this issue.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

An incentive for players to reach rank 1 and then stay there for further benefits would be the best change that could happen in the current ranking system.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

How about you get 1 or 2% more bloodpoint and experience whenever you rank up?

Rank 20 --> 0% or 0%
    Rank 19 --> 2% or 1%
    Rank 18 --> 4% or 2%
    Rank 3 --> 36% or 18%
    Rank 2 --> 38% or 19%
    Rank 1 --> 40% or 20%

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205
    Coriander said:

That's what playing at high rank of a competitive game should be
  • RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I don't need any more incentives. I don't play for the bloodpoints or the rank. I play killer to collect the tears of salty survivors. They feed my power  :)
  • GiddawidGiddawid Member Posts: 102

So far I'm seeing bloodpoint bonuses or shard bonuses. Any other ideas?

• GraviteaUKGraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

@Giddawid said:

Perhaps a special icon next to your name related to your rank from the previous season?

• JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 797
    Giddawid said:

To be honest, cosmetics are the only other thing that could possibly be done but they wouldn’t exactly work.
    Cosmetics for Rank could go one of two ways;
    1. A cosmetic or set for one or multiple characters, that is granted to anyone within x Ranks on Rank Reset, that are unique and exclusive to whoever got to the rank in that season.
    2. A random cosmetic or set from the store, but that would take away from potential profit.

Shards and Bloodpoints would be fine on their own, but then again they would be useless for anyone who’s 100%’d everything.
  • BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

@Giddawid said:

Shard bonuses would be great, Some killers combined with BBQ already earn a lot of bloodpoints per match so I think a currency that isn't necessarily earned trough the trial would be more encouraging for those killers to stay in the higher ranks.

Just throwing out an idea but Maybe a small rank 1 reward each month for a survivor/killer, Could be a Retexured part of the base characters?
    Retextures wouldn't take long to make, They're pretty simple and there's already a lot of them in the store.
    Just as an example, Let's say for March. Rank 1 rewards are a Huntress's mask with rabbit spots and Claudette with blond hair or something.

• will_i_am_14_85will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 474

In order to reward reaching Rank 1, you need to reward for players staying at Rank 1, rather than hitting rank 1 getting a reward and then freely de-ranking, what you need to do is to give a reward for a player being a Rank 1 when the ranks reset, and to stop people rushing to get to Rank 1 before the reset make the reward be about how long you have stayed at rank 1(or red ranks) before rank reset.

So that being at rank 1 for 7 days before the rank reset will give a greater reward than someone who reaches it one day before reset.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I'd love a bloodpoint bonus. You can have close to a thousand hours in the game and still not have a full choice of perks for each killer. That needs to be shortened.

Also, and maybe this is just me - but I would like more trophy cosmetics. You see what I love about Leatherface is his choice of masks. After DS, Claudette is the thing I hate most in this game. They're so tryhard, there is so many of them, and even as survivor they suck because they farm you to save themselves and they hide in the basement all game.

So as LF I like to wear her mask. Now when Claudettes see me they're thinking "[BAD WORD], this guy eats Claudettes foe breakfast".

I'd love to have some kind of cosmetic like that for other killers. Imagine getting a decapitated Claudette head you could attach to a killer for 1000 claudette kills. People would know you mean business.
  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,559

Almost anything is better than nothing at this point.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Giddawid said:

Specific outfits would be nice but that maybe asking for too much. Shards would be a nice reward as players that do achieve this can use towards cosmetics. It may help with some of the deranking issues but probably not.

• GiddawidGiddawid Member Posts: 102

Thanks for your feedback, guys. I'll add it to my list of notes to discuss in our next meeting <3

• MilkymalkMilkymalk Member Posts: 161

@Giddawid said:

Actually noticeable improvements for high rarity items in the bloodweb. For example a 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% chance for each spot in a bloodweb at yellow/green/red/purple/"1" rank to contain an item one grade more rare than it would.

If a "points buy" system for perk loadouts is ever introduced: More points at higher ranks.

• Hail_to_the_KingHail_to_the_King Member Posts: 154
    Giddawid said:

Honestly, a different cosmetic for free each season when reaching red ranks would be a great incentive. I would love to see survivor shirts that say Rank 1 on them or something like that. Shards are always nice too. Bloodpoints could maybe be a lower rank reward to help the newer players because at higher ranks, I don't have a problem with obtaining bp. Just my opinion though. We essentially want cosmetics for ranking up. New stuff though, not cosmetics that are already in the store. Maybe by obtaining a cosmetic via a rank reward will give you a new cosmetic for free before it releases to the public to be purchased.
  • RepliCantRepliCant Member Posts: 1,390

@Giddawid said:
    Thanks for your feedback, guys. I'll add it to my list of notes to discuss in our next meeting <3

@Hail_to_the_King said:
    Giddawid said:

Honestly, a different cosmetic for free each season when reaching red ranks would be a great incentive. I would love to see survivor shirts that say Rank 1 on them or something like that. Shards are always nice too. Bloodpoints could maybe be a lower rank reward to help the newer players because at higher ranks, I don't have a problem with obtaining bp. Just my opinion though. We essentially want cosmetics for ranking up. New stuff though, not cosmetics that are already in the store. Maybe by obtaining a cosmetic via a rank reward will give you a new cosmetic for free before it releases to the public to be purchased.

I'm gonna kind of use this dude's idea sort of.

It'd be amazing to see a cosmetic of the Rank 1 Symbol or something.

Like, if cosmetics are the idea, It'd be amazing to see something done with these and have them incorporated in some way.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Giddawid said:

I know it's going to take some time, but I think this would be a good idea. From rank 10 to rank 1 there should be a seasonal reward (Other than Bloodpoints and shards, this ones should still be a reward) in the form of a skin for survivor and one for killer, it can be just one piece like a mask or a shirt. For example, if one finishes a season at rank 10 they will get simple skin, not much changes from the original but enough to be visibly different, at rank 1 you will get a more complex skin, clearly different, to wear proudly for your achievement. So from rank 10 to 1 the skins become always more complex and cool looking.
    In Rainbow Six: Siege they give some charms based on your rank at the end of the season, so I think that some cosmetic rewards would be nice. Of course you won't put them in the store afterwards because it wouldn't be a reward anymore. And of course if you are at rank 1 you can't get the ones the other ranks get