We have been made aware of two new exploits that could potentially be abused to ruin the enjoyment of others. While our team investigates and fixes these issues, we will be banning players who abuse the following (in accordance of our game rules, which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/):
- 2+ killers in a match exploit: Abusing bugs to join a public match a second killer
- Legion mend time exploit: Abusing a bug with Filthy Blade and Nasty Blade add-ons to greatly extend mending time

If you witness a player abusing the Legion mend time exploit, please be sure to report them through the in-game report system. There is no need to report the 2+ killers in a match exploit. We have access to data that will allow us to find the players abusing the exploit.

Firecrackers destroy hag traps.

Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,650
Figured it might be useful to know. I stumbled across this in a trial.

That is all. You can go about your business now.

Comments

  • ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 331

    Any source of light from a survivor will destroy them which is so damn dumb. She has enough to deal with as is.

  • NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 587
    That's disgusting, I am appalled by that!
  • I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 655

    Should be able throw them like Diversion

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    Figured it might be useful to know. I stumbled across this in a trial.

    That is all. You can go about your business now.

    shshshsh

  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 2,377

    So i guess it also burns Nurse and Wraithy boi right?

  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 3,503

    Firecracker AND Party Starter.

    Yea I found this out playing Hag one day. Chase a survivor to a pallet where I had a trap on the other side. They dropped the party starter as I faked breaking the pallet. It blinded me and then they ran but I could teleport. When my vision came back I saw my trap was gone.

    I wouldn't recommend using them to disable traps though. It's a one time use, better for blinding/stunning the killer. Though I guess if you are desperate to destroy a trap it could work.

  • Dolphin9192Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 92

    Try using it on a cloaked wraith they never expect it.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,073

    @ReikoMori said:
    Any source of light from a survivor will destroy them which is so damn dumb. She has enough to deal with as is.

    Yes because using a one time use item to destroy a ability that can be used multiple times is a problem, it's not like a survivor can't just be smart and use a flashlight instead.

  • ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 331

    @powerbats said:

    @ReikoMori said:
    Any source of light from a survivor will destroy them which is so damn dumb. She has enough to deal with as is.

    Yes because using a one time use item to destroy a ability that can be used multiple times is a problem, it's not like a survivor can't just be smart and use a flashlight instead.

    It's not an issue that they can be destroyed. It is the way in which they are destroyed that I take issue with. Why would shining light on a rune craved into the ground break it? At least the firecrackers actually make more sense as they could be reasoned to disturb the ground. You can also just crouch through them, or set them off on maximum range and be relatively safe, but that takes forethought to do. Yet, shining a flashlight on the ground just destroying it makes very little sense. It would make more sense if it highlighted that the trap was there.

  • Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 2,966

    Who would use firecrackers on the trap in the first place?

  • Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,650

    Who would use firecrackers on the trap in the first place?

    Well, I was running from a hag, and crouched behind some boxes near a generator. Traps tripped, she was close enough, I threw my firecracker and wiped out several traps as well as blinding her while I ran like hell. 

    If the hag drops numerous traps near a hooked survivor, trip it, and see if she teleports then drop it, maybe?
  • thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 942
    Hag needs an Anti Flashlight add on that triggers it instead of destroying it.
  • SnikersSnikers Member Posts: 49

    @ReikoMori said:
    It's not an issue that they can be destroyed. It is the way in which they are destroyed that I take issue with. Why would shining light on a rune craved into the ground break it?

    Light makes Entity magic go ouchie bye-bye - or a certain flavour of Entity magic, anyway. Presumably whatever magic ingredient makes the Wraith and Nurse vulnerable is also part of the traps.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,073

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    ToxicFengM1n said:

    Who would use firecrackers on the trap in the first place?

    Well, I was running from a hag, and crouched behind some boxes near a generator. Traps tripped, she was close enough, I threw my firecracker and wiped out several traps as well as blinding her while I ran like hell. 

    If the hag drops numerous traps near a hooked survivor, trip it, and see if she teleports then drop it, maybe?

    Yes but do you always bring a firecracker and do you get a Hag when bringing said firecracker though? I've not seen one in a chest since event ended.

  • Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,650
    edited February 15
    powerbats said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    ToxicFengM1n said:

    Who would use firecrackers on the trap in the first place?

    Well, I was running from a hag, and crouched behind some boxes near a generator. Traps tripped, she was close enough, I threw my firecracker and wiped out several traps as well as blinding her while I ran like hell. 

    If the hag drops numerous traps near a hooked survivor, trip it, and see if she teleports then drop it, maybe?

    Yes but do you always bring a firecracker and do you get a Hag when bringing said firecracker though? I've not seen one in a chest since event ended.

    It would be neat if we still got firecrackers, imo.

    But no, I almost never take items.
    And I don't always face hag.

    People don't always bring flashlights, or always face hag, wraith, or nurse, but sometimes things come together.
    Some tactics are going to be situational, but handy, I reckon .

    Maybe surprise a hard camper, or make a save with them?
Sign In or Register to comment.