NoEd: Not just for Baby Killers!

SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 207

I posted this video today, but I thought it might be fun to share it here and see where the discussion goes. The discussion goes from 0:00 - 4:30 the rest of the video is gameplay from two matches, so disregard that part.

Please share your thoughts on NoED I'm interested to hear what you have to say :)

Comments

• TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 322

I only use NOED on specific builds, besides that it is trash specially against SWF

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 207

Mostly an End Game setup? What do you use?

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 2,389
    edited February 9
    I've been running it a lot more often in my games at rank 1 and normally it never activates either because the survivors all die before all gens are complete or they just cleansed all the totems. Especially with how fast matches can go sometimes it can be pretty helpful. If you want to run noed just run it, if you want to run ds just run it. It's in the game for you to use if you want not just be there collecting dust.  
  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 2,631

I run NOED on my Trapper, because it's that or Ruin, and Ruin tends to be a pain to protect and doesn't actually help against SWF or just really good survivors. My build is BBQ, Thanatophobia, Sloppy, and NOED with a bag and setters (yellow/white usually). I call it "Bone Collector". Actually I wouldn't mind swapping NOED for something else but it has to have skulls or bones in the icon so I can keep the name LOL.

Most games don't even get to end game. The few that do will be a struggle for most teams, because Sloppy/TP will do work to slow the game, and once I get some traps set up things slow down quite a bit. If a team played well and got to end game, and there was no obsession, I'll probably give the last guy an escape because it's fair since I had NOED. If they gen rush though then all bets are off.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 207

Not getting to endgame is something I've run into as well, but using it as a trump card for when the rush happens comes in quite handy. But I think I've only had two matches since I've started using it where it didn't activate

@SpaceCoconut said:
    Not getting to endgame is something I've run into as well, but using it as a trump card for when the rush happens comes in quite handy. But I think I've only had two matches since I've started using it where it didn't activate

Yea I mostly just have it for those few times where I get gen rushed, because it's the only viable counter. Ruin is both boring and useless at high ranks IMO. Sloppy/TP is more reliable, the catch being you have to injure a few of them to get the momentum going. A lot of the time I will set up about 3 traps before I even find someone and they already have a gen done, sometimes 2, but once I get some hits and they run into my traps the game almost stops.

On my Billy I use Blood Warden because NOED on a killer with a one shot is super lame, plus BW is way more fun. Seeing the hope drain from a survivor's face is priceless.

It does get annoying when killers are clearly relying on NOED to keep their rank. You can tell because they are awful in a chase, have no map pressure, and fall for every mind game in the book. But then NOED procs and they finally catch someone, and the only reason they get kills is because survivors stick around to try and get Benevolence since there were no hooks before that. These are the same killers that tend to only run with the absolute best add-ons and moris and stuff. It's a very fine line, something you can see when you play the game a lot. Not every killer using NOED is boosted, but those that are definitely stand out.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 1,567

You're logic behind justifying its use is entirely sound. It still just doesn't change the fact that to me it gives undeserved kills.

Other perks require me to play well to capitalize on them. NOED requires nothing skill full from me, just that the survivors play greedy.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 334
    edited February 9

@ArecBalrin said

NOED relies entirely on survivors messing up to be of any benefit. In exchange for these phenonemally poor odds, killers give up a perk-slot.

NOED is not a perk which leverages the game mechanics, but leverages the never-changing behaviour of the opposite side. It has an in-game solution, survivors just choose not to adapt. Their playstyle has remained virtually unchanged for two years because of the constant pandering they've got from the devs.

NOED requires survivors to fail. The killer cannot cover every exit, all survivors have to do is not get seen. Only tools end up on a hook because of NOED where otherwise would have won.

Despite repeated nerfs and increasing limitations, NOED has got stronger (just like the Nurse) because survivors have got worse at the game from not changing how they play at all in two years.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 928

NoEd is often used by weaker killers and it's on the survivor to feel out if the killer is weak (with chases/pressure) and will rely on NoEd or not. I'd say NoEd doesn't necessarily mean baby killer (sometimes it's used in gimmick builds), but a lot of baby killers use NoEd. When you learn how to play a character and find perks that will help with your character's downfalls, you'll find you won't need NoEd. It being a hex totem that comes all the way at the end makes it largely unreliable, too.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 8,625

I never understood the survivor croud insulting a killer that just 4ked them as a babykiller.

I mean if your whole squad got demolished by a baby, what does that make you? :smile:

edited February 9

@Master said:
    I never understood the survivor croud insulting a killer that just 4ked them as a babykiller.

I mean if your whole squad got demolished by a baby, what does that make you? :smile:

The thing is sometimes if the killer fails to get a hook all game only to get one with NOED, survivors will yolo themselves at the hook just for points. Generally speaking, survivors don't just leave if another survivor is in jeopardy, unless they didn't like that survivor, that survivor is dead on hook, or it's just way too great a risk (eg. basement LF). So yea a lot of times when a baby killer with NOED gets a 4k it's not because they were good or even because of NOED, it's because survivors wanted points and will risk death to get them.

In fact survivors are more likely to just leave if the killer has NOED only if the killer was actually good. Case and point, I have survivors just flat out leave all the time at end game because I've usually played fair with them, got 2 hooks on everyone, and got a kill before the end game. Survivors in that case are just scared of me, not of NOED, and just say "screw this I have my points I'm leaving". They know I'm a good chaser, they know I have 10th dimensional trap placement (Trapper), they know they will almost definitely die to me if I have NOED and they try to save. They peace out so fast.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 8,625

@thesuicidefox said:

@Master said:

The thing is sometimes if the killer fails to get a hook all game only to get one with NOED, survivors will yolo themselves at the hook just for points. Generally speaking, survivors don't just leave if another survivor is in jeopardy, unless they didn't like that survivor, that survivor is dead on hook, or it's just way too great a risk (eg. basement LF). So yea a lot of times when a baby killer with NOED gets a 4k it's not because they were good or even because of NOED, it's because survivors wanted points and will risk death to get them.

In fact survivors are more likely to just leave if the killer has NOED only if the killer was actually good. Case and point, I have survivors just flat out leave all the time at end game because I've usually played fair with them, got 2 hooks on everyone, and got a kill before the end game. Survivors in that case are just scared of me, not of NOED, and just say "screw this I have my points I'm leaving". They know I'm a good chaser, they know I have 10th dimensional trap placement (Trapper), they know they will almost definitely die to me if I have NOED and they try to save. They peace out so fast.

A killers job is to take advantage out of survivor missplays, sounds like the "babykiller" did his job pretty well and took advantage out of the overaltruism (of the SWF probably)

• MineAntoiyaMineAntoiya Member Posts: 456
    edited February 9

@Blueberry said:

Hell, if I've had a game against 4 survivors who graduated top of the class from "looping and juking University", only for there to be like 6 pallets left at end game then I think NOED giving me that last kill kind of soothes the blow a bit. Weird as it has been one of my ONLY games where I've really lost. Getting to rank 2 has been weirdly easy this season...

[EDIT: I was playing Facey boi though so that was probably a big factor rip]

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 456

I run NOED along with BW on my Wraith, kind of going for a end game build where the survivors will think they've had an easy match. But it's only the beginning of their end.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 9

@MineAntoiya said:

@Blueberry said:

Hell, if I've had a game against 4 survivors who graduated top of the class from "looping and juking University", only for there to be like 6 pallets left at end game then I think NOED giving me that last kill kind of soothes the blow a bit. Weird as it has been one of my ONLY games where I've really lost. Getting to rank 2 has been weirdly easy this season...

[EDIT: I was playing Facey boi though so that was probably a big factor rip]

Well I didn't say using it wouldn't be justified per say as in the situation you mentioned. Just simply that it doesn't require any skill to use it and it is simply free kills that wouldn't have been got otherwise.

Justified/Needed sometimes/Strong - yes, gives earned kills - no. In other words.

edited February 9

@Master said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Master said:

A killers job is to take advantage out of survivor missplays, sounds like the "babykiller" did his job pretty well and took advantage out of the overaltruism (of the SWF probably)

It's not misplays though. It's survivors not giving a care because they want points more than they want to live. Like during the Hallowed Blight event survivors would just do plants and then purposely get caught and die on the hook. Killer skill is irrelevant and it led to a LOT of boosted killers.

If you think you are a good killer because survivors basically let you kill them you got another thing coming.