We have been made aware of two new exploits that could potentially be abused to ruin the enjoyment of others. While our team investigates and fixes these issues, we will be banning players who abuse the following (in accordance of our game rules, which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/):
- 2+ killers in a match exploit: Abusing bugs to join a public match a second killer
- Legion mend time exploit: Abusing a bug with Filthy Blade and Nasty Blade add-ons to greatly extend mending time

If you witness a player abusing the Legion mend time exploit, please be sure to report them through the in-game report system. There is no need to report the 2+ killers in a match exploit. We have access to data that will allow us to find the players abusing the exploit.

Small Game (Rework)

NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 3,463
Why does Small Game need a rework?
I do not like perks that counter the killer's power directly such as in this case, Trapper and Hag. Therefore, I'm changing the perk to be more related to totems instead of the killer's belongings.

Tomb Raider: (The new Small Game)
Unlocks potential in one's aura reading ability. You can see the auras of totems within a 0/4/8 meter range. Whenever a totem is destroyed, receive a token up to a maximum of 5 tokens. Your cleansing speed is immune to the killer's perks.

Explanation:
Now, the perk has an equal effect on every killer due to the fact that this perk specifically targets totems, not other killer's power as well. Additionally, the perk will be great at finding tough totem positions and will keep track of remaining totems in the trial.

Comments

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 1,390
    First off, this isnt a rework, its a buff.

If you want to make it so this perk grants you immunity against Thrill of the Hunt, then you cant have the total totem count. Not only you are making the perk too powerful to trump the entire totem system, but also the perk would contradict itself.

If someone has TotH, then you shorten the cleansing time by doing dull totems. If you are immune to this, then why would you care about dull totems? (I know, NOED, but thats not the point Im saying)

I would however not be opposed to having two different perks for this. Or with a rework to the totem system, like only cleansing the effect temporarily or for yourself.
  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 1,737

@PigNRun said:

If you want to make it so this perk grants you immunity against Thrill of the Hunt, then you cant have the total totem count. Not only you are making the perk too powerful to trump the entire totem system, but also the perk would contradict itself.

If someone has TotH, then you shorten the cleansing time by doing dull totems. If you are immune to this, then why would you care about dull totems? (I know, NOED, but thats not the point Im saying)

I would however not be opposed to having two different perks for this. Or with a rework to the totem system, like only cleansing the effect temporarily or for yourself.

I believe OP said it was a rework 'cause it took out detecting Killer traps to just allow you to see where totems are and remain hidden if they had TotH. Honestly I think it just needs a buff to speed. I doubt it's used all that often, even if it does counter two killer's powers.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 1,390

@PigNRun said:

I believe OP said it was a rework 'cause it took out detecting Killer traps to just allow you to see where totems are and remain hidden if they had TotH. Honestly I think it just needs a buff to speed. I doubt it's used all that often, even if it does counter two killer's powers.

But such buffs are so big that they should at least make Thrill of the Hunt base for all Killers.

The perk isnt in desperate need of buffs either. Its not old Deja Vu. Its generally strongly underrated for what it does. Even without the total totem count handed to you on a silver plate, you can very easily use it to find out how many totems there are up.
  • TAGTAG Member Posts: 1,124
    edited February 9
    Uh, you didn't actually explain what the tokens do.  EDIT: Never mind.  They're for keeping track of how many totems are left.  In that case, I'd just be blunt and word it as "Allows you to see how many totems remain in the trial." or something like that.

Anyways, I am all for changing perks (and items) that directly interact with Killer powers.
  • BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 949

Seeing the aura of a totem is a bit strong, It'd make hex perks even less useful.

But i do agree, I don't think small game should give warning of traps, It's bad enough Hag's traps already have a counter of a flashlight and don't get me started on a wraith :lol:

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 1,842

I'd rather to see a rework for slippery meat from you <3

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 3,463
    PigNRun said:

A rework is when you change the entire perk.
    A buff is when you increase some of the numbers. Therefore, I would go more on the lines of saying that this is a strong rework.

With totems placement getting better by every patch and compensation for losing the ability to detect the killer's belongings, I decided it would be fair to show auras of totems. The tokens are for keeping track of how many totems are remaining in the trial and yes, you could keep a mental count but what if another survivor cleansed one? Now you're looking for the 5 totem which is non existent, ya know? Finally, I'm making a ToTH rework soon and it's going to be very good against Tomb Raider.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShapeAlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,292

I really like the direction you're taking the perk into!

I recently had a game against the hag inside of Lery's and I can tell you: Small Game DID NOT help me find the totems! Instead I kept peeking every corner after it went off just to walk into a trap, and let alone the frequent sounds that come off of the current Small Game!

I'd say keep the max range 12 meters + remove the ToTh anti-debuff (I'm just really happy if the spam sound is gone!) and there's something to think about:
    Aura reading gets affected by Open Handed. Since the number (8/12) here is very sensitive, Open Handed builds may cause an unintended strong effect.

If you consider this to be balanced then there's no issue here. However if you consider it unbalanced, then a simple trick of turning the "aura reading" into a sort of floating silent visual notification located at the totem spot when within range could prevent such an interaction. (:

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 3,463

I really like the direction you're taking the perk into!

I recently had a game against the hag inside of Lery's and I can tell you: Small Game DID NOT help me find the totems! Instead I kept peeking every corner after it went off just to walk into a trap, and let alone the frequent sounds that come off of the current Small Game!

I'd say keep the max range 12 meters + remove the ToTh anti-debuff (I'm just really happy if the spam sound is gone!) and there's something to think about:
    Aura reading gets affected by Open Handed. Since the number (8/12) here is very sensitive, Open Handed builds may cause an unintended strong effect.

If you consider this to be balanced then there's no issue here. However if you consider it unbalanced, then a simple trick of turning the "aura reading" into a sort of floating silent visual notification located at the totem spot when within range could prevent such an interaction. (:

I agree with you, I wouldn't mind to get rid of the ToTH counter but I made this perk in mind with my ToTH rework. If the developers added both reworks into the game then the ToTH "counter" needs to stay (even through my Small Game rework won't counter my ToTH rework). However, if the developers only add my Small Game rework into the game then the ToTH counter needs to go. About the auras, I'm okay with Open Handed increasing the range to 16 meters because the survivor sacrificed two perk slots to find every totem.