The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Hex: Thrill of The Hunt (Rework)

NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,278
Why does this perk need a rework?
I made a thread about reworking Small Game and it's a pretty strong rework.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/45952/small-game-rework#latest

Since Small Game got a great rework, now ToTH needs one to balance everything out. Furthermore, the perk is only good for defending Hex totems but the thing is, only high mobility killers can defend them effectively. Let's change that!

Hex: (Thrill of The Hunt)
You have a Hex based on the power of other hex totems. Whenever a Hex totem is destroyed, instead this Hex will take its place and will be cleansed instead. The destruction of this Hex call upon the Entity to block all remaining totems for 60/90/120 seconds while granting a permanent 10% decrease in attack cool downs.

Why is this rework better?
Now every killer will benefit equally from this perk and it will now allow the killer to at least keep their secondary Hex active for much longer than 30 seconds.

Comments

  • AlwaysInAGoodShapeAlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,300

    The destruction of this Hex call upon the Entity to block all remaining totems for 60/90/120 seconds

    I had a random thought about this part:

    What if it didn't block Hex totems, but for X/X/X amount of seconds after ToTH being destroyed, it will make all other active Hex totems persist, even while being destroyed during this duration?

  • BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 3,617

    I'd love this

  • NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,278

    The destruction of this Hex call upon the Entity to block all remaining totems for 60/90/120 seconds

    I had a random thought about this part:

    What if it didn't block Hex totems, but for X/X/X amount of seconds after ToTH being destroyed, it will make all other active Hex totems persist, even while being destroyed during this duration?

    I don't really like this idea for a few reasons.

    If we had the Entity block the totems so any survivor could not cleanse it then you're getting the same effect as you previously stated BUT better. Not only do they have to wait but now they have to come back later to finish the job which will waste more time. However, if this is too strong, we could decrease the time to something less overwhelming.
  • RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,312

    Thrill of the hu t should be a base mechanic neither requiring a perkslot nor a totem.

  • NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 3,130

    @Nickenzie said:
    The destruction of this Hex call upon the Entity to block all remaining totems for 60/90/120 seconds

    So the survivors would have to wait 120 seconds until they would be able to destroy Devour Hope? And there is nothing they could do against it?

  • NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,278

    @Nickenzie said:
    The destruction of this Hex call upon the Entity to block all remaining totems for 60/90/120 seconds

    So the survivors would have to wait 120 seconds until they would be able to destroy Devour Hope? And there is nothing they could do against it?

    You could be stealthy, ya know?
  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

    Honestly I don't think Hex: TotH should be a hex, but a normal perk. I'm not sure if having it block all other totems for a certain amount of time would be a good idea. The game's already kinda buggy. I dunno how easy that would be to code in, especially considering people can be on totems at the same time.

  • NuclearBurrito2NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

    @fluffybunny said:
    Honestly I don't think Hex: TotH should be a hex, but a normal perk. I'm not sure if having it block all other totems for a certain amount of time would be a good idea. The game's already kinda buggy. I dunno how easy that would be to code in, especially considering people can be on totems at the same time.

    Well it basically IS a normal perk. It just happens to interact with other hex's. But there is no totem you can break to remove ToTH

  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

    @NuclearBurrito2 said:

    @fluffybunny said:
    Honestly I don't think Hex: TotH should be a hex, but a normal perk. I'm not sure if having it block all other totems for a certain amount of time would be a good idea. The game's already kinda buggy. I dunno how easy that would be to code in, especially considering people can be on totems at the same time.

    Well it basically IS a normal perk. It just happens to interact with other hex's. But there is no totem you can break to remove ToTH

    Well, no, I mean I don't think it should be a hex in game, but I don't know how possible or broken the suggested reworks would be.

  • NuclearBurrito2NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

    Idea: Make ToTH light up all dull totems and give the notification on cleansing the real totems. Remove all the other effects

  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

    @NuclearBurrito2 said:
    Idea: Make ToTH light up all dull totems and give the notification on cleansing the real totems. Remove all the other effects

    I like that idea, considering most don't bring NOED with ToTH, anyway. So there'd be virtually no downside to lighting up every single totem.

  • DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 1,670

    I would be okay with this, but I think the effect should only block active hex totems. I don't see any reason why it should protect dull totems. Also, I think all active hex totems should be immune to destruction for the first 45 seconds of the game. At least give the killer a chance to defend them and get some use out of them. The 45 seconds should just be baseline. Maybe H:TotH could extend that initial immunity timer by 5/10/15 seconds in addition to it's other effects.

  • NuclearBurrito2NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

    @fluffybunny said:

    @NuclearBurrito2 said:

    @fluffybunny said:
    Honestly I don't think Hex: TotH should be a hex, but a normal perk. I'm not sure if having it block all other totems for a certain amount of time would be a good idea. The game's already kinda buggy. I dunno how easy that would be to code in, especially considering people can be on totems at the same time.

    Well it basically IS a normal perk. It just happens to interact with other hex's. But there is no totem you can break to remove ToTH

    Well, no, I mean I don't think it should be a hex in game, but I don't know how possible or broken the suggested reworks would be.

    Oh so just re-name it then

  • NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 3,130

    @Nickenzie said:
    NoShinyPony said:

    @Nickenzie said:

    The destruction of this Hex call upon the Entity to block all remaining totems for 60/90/120 seconds

    So the survivors would have to wait 120 seconds until they would be able to destroy Devour Hope? And there is nothing they could do against it?

    You could be stealthy, ya know?

    You don't want that. It means that survivors hide for 2 minutes. 2 minutes of nothing happening. To put it frankly, that would be more boring than slugging.

Sign In or Register to comment.