We have been made aware of two new exploits that could potentially be abused to ruin the enjoyment of others. While our team investigates and fixes these issues, we will be banning players who abuse the following (in accordance of our game rules, which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/):
- 2+ killers in a match exploit: Abusing bugs to join a public match a second killer
- Legion mend time exploit: Abusing a bug with Filthy Blade and Nasty Blade add-ons to greatly extend mending time

If you witness a player abusing the Legion mend time exploit, please be sure to report them through the in-game report system. There is no need to report the 2+ killers in a match exploit. We have access to data that will allow us to find the players abusing the exploit.

What would make you play more often as killer?

There are probably some of you who would play more matches as a killer if it weren't for certain things...
I'd like to know what would need to change so that you guys would play killer more often. :)

That could be more bloodpoints, a rework of a specific perk/item/add-on...

Please share your thoughts with us!

«134

Comments

  • FoggyDownpourFoggyDownpour Member Posts: 235
    My favorite role to play in any game is support/healer/team player, so there's not much that can be changed about killers to make me play more. I get more enjoyment from helping than hunting, even if I still play a lot of killer 
  • OrionsFury4789OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 584

    @DarkGGhost said:
    The truth is most survivors don't like a killer because it's way harder and demand so many skills ( main killer)

    It's harder because it's unbalanced. I'd like to know what exactly makes people hesitate to play more killer matches. Perhaps they don't want to deal with DS, I don't know, that's why I am asking.

    Maybe there are also people who don't need any game mechanics to change and who would be fine with just more bloodpoints.

    I don't necessarily feel like it's harder per say but I think it's more of a frustration because as the killer you need to be more aware of time and what's happening during the match, it takes more muscle memory and brains to play killer because you have to know what the survivor is thinking in a chase without mind gaming yourself in the process and allowing more time for gens, but once you get used to playing killer and controlling your FOV properly then it's greatly rewarding and it's like riding a bike.

    I think the people who don't like to play killer , don't like it simply because they're not used to it and they may have tried it before and ran into deranked players or just didn't like that it was a learning process and they just throw it down and go off of how easily they are killed when they cry "killers are OP"
  • blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 519

    I wish more killers had unique breaking/vaulting/etc animations.

  • MilordMilord Member Posts: 158

    Just the endgame, really. I never understand why they don't add a timer or give up option after the gates are open.

  • The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I tend to play a few games as each and then switch between them, I do spend more time on survivor though.

    I think the weaker killers could use some work. Once you get to the high ranks you tend to use a few select killers mostly, having more feasible killer variety would encourage me to play more killer.
  • mintchapstickmintchapstick Member Posts: 317
    edited February 10

    @Master said:
    Swf balance 
    Proper ranking system with rewards

    This^

    I'm in the red ranks as killer and the matches are much harder than a match at rank 15 would be, but I'm getting the same reward? It kind of sucks and it doesn't make sense to keep punishing myself.

    Also echoing the SWF balance issue. It's bonkers.

  • Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,026

    I don't mind playing killer tbh, it only becomes hard when i face that one team that knows what their doing through comms. Other than that it is usually a cakewalk for me.

    Survivor is the same thing basically, i like to play a more gen-rush and evader kind of character. So i would sometimes focus on generators and am able to switch focus when the killer is chasing me.

  • BradyBrady Member Posts: 988

    @DarkGGhost said:
    The truth is most survivors don't like a killer because it's way harder and demand so many skills ( main killer)

    Truth is I don't like first person view and Killer is only that

  • Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

    The truth is most survivors don't like a killer because it's way harder and demand so many skills ( main killer)

    LOL
  • DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 573

    @Paddy4583 said:
    DarkGGhost said:

    The truth is most survivors don't like a killer because it's way harder and demand so many skills ( main killer)

    LOL

    What ?

  • DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 573

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @DarkGGhost said:
    The truth is most survivors don't like a killer because it's way harder and demand so many skills ( main killer)

    It's harder because it's unbalanced. I'd like to know what exactly makes people hesitate to play more killer matches. Perhaps they don't want to deal with DS, I don't know, that's why I am asking.

    Maybe there are also people who don't need any game mechanics to change and who would be fine with just more bloodpoints.

    My guess is they don't like the gen rush, survivors that loop almost infinite and the bad map design.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @DarkGGhost said:

    @Paddy4583 said:
    DarkGGhost said:

    The truth is most survivors don't like a killer because it's way harder and demand so many skills ( main killer)

    LOL

    What ?

    Toxic nea cant accept that :wink:

  • DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 573

    @Master said:

    @DarkGGhost said:

    @Paddy4583 said:
    DarkGGhost said:

    The truth is most survivors don't like a killer because it's way harder and demand so many skills ( main killer)

    LOL

    What ?

    Toxic nea cant accept that :wink:

    Toxic Hag can tho

  • BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 953
    edited February 10

    My main Gripe when playing Killer is SWF, It's pushed me away from the game if I'm honest since I don't really play survivor. It's just not a fun experience and sadly it's become the majority of my games.

    Something that would make me play more killer more would be if it were less Stressful, Killer takes a lot of skill and concentration and a good team can be draining to try and keep up with. This is another reason why I can only play 2 or 3 killer games before closing the game for the day.

  • NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 1,481

    @Bongbingbing said:
    My main Gripe when playing Killer is SWF, It's pushed me away from the game if I'm honest since I don't really play survivor. It's just not a fun experience and sadly it's become the majority of my games.

    Something that would make me play more killer more would be if it were less Stressful, Killer takes a lot of skill and concentration and a good team can be draining to try and keep up with. This is another reason why I can only play 2 or 3 killer games before closing the game for the day.

    Thanks for being honest! Are you "only" bothered by the fact that SWF is unbalanced and the survivors are often bringing very strong perks and items? I assume you sometimes feel like you don't have a fair chance in winning, correct?

    Or are you bothered as well by the toxic behaviour of some SWF groups?

  • LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 241
    edited February 10

    I play something like 70/30 for survivor/killer. I just get bored of playing 2 viable killers that I enjoy (I hate playing Nurse) or mid tier killers with purple+ addons. Weekends I try my hardest to not play killer as its not enjoyable to constantly play vs +3man CWF with multiple DS and all running Adrenalines.

  • BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 953

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @Bongbingbing said:
    My main Gripe when playing Killer is SWF, It's pushed me away from the game if I'm honest since I don't really play survivor. It's just not a fun experience and sadly it's become the majority of my games.

    Something that would make me play more killer more would be if it were less Stressful, Killer takes a lot of skill and concentration and a good team can be draining to try and keep up with. This is another reason why I can only play 2 or 3 killer games before closing the game for the day.

    Thanks for being honest! Are you "only" bothered by the fact that SWF is unbalanced and the survivors are often bringing very strong perks and items? I assume you sometimes feel like you don't have a fair chance in winning, correct?

    Or are you bothered as well by the toxic behaviour of some SWF groups?

    I'd say it's a mix of all of those. The Unbalance being the biggest of the three, If the unbalance weren't there the Items and perks wouldn't be as bad aside from the likes of DS which is its own problem.

    The toxic behavior I've come to learn is part of the game since it's so common, I try to pay it no mind. I wish there was a rating system at the end of a game that would factor into match making :lol: to keep the toxic people together.

  • BradyBrady Member Posts: 988

    I forgot something.

    I enjoy winning, and I don't enjoy camping and tunneling.

    So why would I play Killer? ;)

  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 1,777

    Neas with DS who mori all the other survivors before I can get to them. >:c

  • ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 158

    More bloodpoints would make it better. If I did not have BBQ on all my killers I would play killer WAY less. I remember the dark days before BBQ.

  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 1,777

    @chemical_reject said:
    Brady said:

    @DarkGGhost said:

    The truth is most survivors don't like a killer because it's way harder and demand so many skills ( main killer)

    Truth is I don't like first person view and Killer is only that

    I'd play killer if it was 3rd person. 1st person games make me really motion sick. That's the sole reason I cant/won't play killer. 

    Have you tried running Wraith's Shadowborn perk to see if it helps? I know some have troubles with nurse and have said that perk helps with her.

  • greylurkergreylurker Member Posts: 6

    A lot of People like being scared. That's a lot of the fun of a horror movie is the jump scares. You don't get that as the killer.

  • NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 587
    Sometimes it can be a bit stressful and just not in the mood for it, but I'd say better framerate would make it better
«134
Sign In or Register to comment.