We have been made aware of two new exploits that could potentially be abused to ruin the enjoyment of others. While our team investigates and fixes these issues, we will be banning players who abuse the following (in accordance of our game rules, which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/):
- 2+ killers in a match exploit: Abusing bugs to join a public match a second killer
- Legion mend time exploit: Abusing a bug with Filthy Blade and Nasty Blade add-ons to greatly extend mending time

If you witness a player abusing the Legion mend time exploit, please be sure to report them through the in-game report system. There is no need to report the 2+ killers in a match exploit. We have access to data that will allow us to find the players abusing the exploit.

Killer Creation: The Plague

TarveshTarvesh Member Posts: 377
edited February 10 in Fan Creations

(Originally posted this in the wrong forum so I’m posting it here)                              

                          


                              The Plague

                      


As always, Power and Perk effects are listed in tier order of 1/2/3.

Backstory:
The closest thing that anyone knows about The Plague’s real name is “Patient 0”. The plague was an experiment conducted by the Japanese government in an attempt create a cure-all for every disease known to man. It was their hope that Patient 0 would be able to simply walk around and naturally spread its cure through basic interaction with everyday people, and that they would in turn pass the cure on in a cascading effect which would immunize the entire human race in a matter of months.

They decided to test the treatment in a mall in Tokyo. Unfortunately, they had starved Patient 0 for several days before releasing her into the mall hoping that she would first begin with purchasing food and interacting with the staff there since this was an optimal vector area for the cure to continue being spread. They did not know that their genetic manipulation would take over whenever the host was malnourished and would cause Patient 0 to revert to a baser form of creature which only focused on consumption.

When Patient Zero was released, she seemed dormant for several minutes until a couple checked on her. At this point, Patient Zero attacked the couple and killed them, feasting on their bodies until the virus, which had mutated, reanimated the couple and they too began to attack, devour, and reanimate others.

Base Speed:
110%

Attack:
Hand/Claw swipe

Mori:
The Plague pounces the downed survivor and bites into their neck and pulls a large, stringy chunk from their neck, blood spouting out into a geyser.


Powers
Undead: The Plague is just a vessel for the virus which contains it, and the vessel in no sense alive. It is unaffected by Flashlights, and reduces stun durations by pallets or other effects by 50%.

Infection: The Plague adds an infection counter to each character it brings into a dying state. Whenever a character has two infection counters, they must be fully healed within one minute in order to remove one counter. If a character is not healed within one minute, that character dies and 15 seconds later return to the game as another version of The Plague but does not gain any bonuses from the Killer’s perks, addons, or offerings (but they are now a Killer and share the same powers as The Plague).

Speed: The Plague starts with a base speed of 110%.

Perks
Fueled By Hunger: The Plague’s base movement speed becomes 80%. Whenever a chase begins, its speed become 100% and increases and additional 2% every second the chase continues up to a maximum of 150%.

Shambler: The Plague’s movement speed is reduced by 10/15/20%, it’s terror radius is reduced to 20/10/5 meters. Strikes on healthy survivors have a 25/60/80% chance to instantly bring them into a dying state.

Virulent: Whenever a survivor is healed, the Survivor who healed them has a 10/20/30% chance to receive 10/30/50% of the damage they healed from the injured survivor. If a survivor heals themselves, the heal has a chance 5/10/20% chance to fail at removing an infection counter.

Map:
The Plague launches with the Tokyo Super Shopping Center map. It is a single level hexagon map with  Ruined and destroyed stores, back hallways, and kiosks. Mannequins in the stores can help to confuse killers and survivors alike. Arcades, restaurants or others store will all have different lighting and sounds to also confuse players and keep their senses trying to adjust to their surroundings.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


The whole point to this build is to try and give people that undead plague experience in whichever version they desire. Some people like the classic slow zombies, others like the fast runners. 

I also wanted to make the character have the ability to change the game on its head, and create a situation that would mimic a zombie outbreak by giving The Plague the ability to gain team members and turn it into a possible 4 Killer vs 1 Survivor game.

I hope you guys enjoyed the Killer and I hope you’ll look forward to my next Killer Creation.
Post edited by Tarvesh on

Comments

  • Dragonic_LycanDragonic_Lycan Member Posts: 5

    I love this idea!!! I could see why people would find it over powered but personally this would be AMAZING!!!!

  • TarveshTarvesh Member Posts: 377

    I love this idea!!! I could see why people would find it over powered but personally this would be AMAZING!!!!

    Thanks! It’s my first attempt at making a Killer and I’m a new player so the numbers and stuff could probably use a bit of tweaking. But I’m glad you like it!
  • SofaKingSpecialSofaKingSpecial Member Posts: 35

    As long as swf is a part of the game this wouldn't work as a power. Those that turned into zombies would simply refuse to do anything and wouldn't move. Am I missing something?

  • HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 1,476

    So the power is completely overpowered. From my understanding, whenever you down someone you add 1 to their infection counter, so after downing them twice which is essentially 2 hooks they have 1 minute to get healed up or they die instantly and turn into a zombie. Now if this was always played fairly then each Survivor would get hooked twice then when they are unhooked they have 1 hook left but they need to get healed right away which can usually be done by their rescuer so it's fair and ok. But this is never played fairly so the Killer will never hook anyone, they'll slug everyone until they turn into zombies. I can go on but this right here is enough.

    Besides that I like your perks.
    Fueled By Hunger can either be overpowered or be completely crippling depend how the game goes, you could potentially never get intoa chase because you're so slow. But if you do get into a chase then you're most definiutley going to win it.

    Shambler sounds cool until it gets to the 80% chance that your Survivor is a one hit down, it's 80% but remember that the self-unhook is 4% because anything higher than that was a garunteed unhook so this is basically always a one hit down.

    Virulent is probably my favorite, it can't have the last bit about infection because it only effects The Plague and cannot be used on any other Killer but the rest of it is awesome. A chance that healing someone could injure them but the catch is that their healing bar is at 50%, that could snowball into an endless bunch of injuries lol at that point Self-Care is the way to go.

  • JoyfulLeaderJoyfulLeader Member Posts: 480

    The killer looks like a special infected from Left 4 Dead

  • TarveshTarvesh Member Posts: 377

    So the power is completely overpowered. From my understanding, whenever you down someone you add 1 to their infection counter, so after downing them twice which is essentially 2 hooks they have 1 minute to get healed up or they die instantly and turn into a zombie. Now if this was always played fairly then each Survivor would get hooked twice then when they are unhooked they have 1 hook left but they need to get healed right away which can usually be done by their rescuer so it's fair and ok. But this is never played fairly so the Killer will never hook anyone, they'll slug everyone until they turn into zombies. I can go on but this right here is enough.

    Yes and no. It does require you getting downed twice to get both counters, but you never have to be hooked. 

    And so long as you’re healed, slugged or no, the infection counter will be taken away.

    I am curious what you think the percentages should be for Shambler. Perhaps 8/16/25%? Or is that too low?

    As long as swf is a part of the game this wouldn't work as a power. Those that turned into zombies would simply refuse to do anything and wouldn't move. Am I missing something?

    I think you underestimate how much fun this would be for a group of friends. XD
Sign In or Register to comment.