Anyone else having these weirdly ranked games?

The_PhyrrhicalThe_Phyrrhical Member Posts: 1

Been having killer games where the ranks are heavily skewed like this. Doesn't affect survivor games.

Answers

  • George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 1,152
    edited February 11
    Occasionally. Feels bad destroying a full group only to learn later they were 3 rank 12-s and a single rank 3.
    I always assumed that quickly filling lobbies is a priority over putting people of similar ranks together, which is btw not such a bad thing: I remember I didn't mind at all being pitted against higher rank players when I was new. You learn faster that way.

    One thing bugs me much more: I don't know why, but the matchmaking algorithm often puts a full team of Japanese or Koreans in my lobbies. Makes no sense, I'm from Eastern Europe, so my ping with them is well over 300. I can't imagine why, you'd think location based filtering is the simplest thing. Quite annoying, really.
  • mintchapstickmintchapstick Member Posts: 285
    edited February 11

    Ughhh this happens to me all the time! & once I reached red ranks, I started getting like.. rank 15 survivors in my lobby and I'd look like, 'I was WONDERING why they were all more potato-y than usual.'

  • LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 433

    Something like this never happened to me. But usually I have some SWF that have like two rank 2, one rank 6 and one rank 10 to go against lower rank killers

  • Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 1,073
    edited February 12

    It's a miracle you even destroyed them. Good job.

    You might want to cover the names, these forums have a rule against naming people.

    Post edited by Shad03 on
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 8,682

    @The_Phyrrhical said:

    Been having killer games where the ranks are heavily skewed like this. Doesn't affect survivor games.

    Stuff like this happens if there are no other killers they can face. After some time, killers from other ranks are considered for matchmaking. Guess the killer population is dying slowly.

  • Maelstrom1313Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 141
    I get matches like that all time when am not a high rank but I don't mind it too much as you can kinda already guess what perks are been used within first min of match starting an what kinda survivors your playing against depending on your rank where its 20-15, 15-10, 10-5 an 5-1 
  • SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 934

    There's not enough Killers for them at their rank. I'm impressed that you managed to get a 3k. Games like that usually end in the Killer being dominated and getting either a 0k or a 1k.

    @Master said:

    @The_Phyrrhical said:

    Been having killer games where the ranks are heavily skewed like this. Doesn't affect survivor games.

    Stuff like this happens if there are no other killers they can face. After some time, killers from other ranks are considered for matchmaking. Guess the killer population is dying slowly.

    Seems like people are started to get fed up with the current state of the game for Killers.

  • PluPlu Member Posts: 136

    I've had rank 1 ones with low rank SWF buddies in my matches before but nothing like this, this game truly is amazing

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 8,682

    @SnakeSound222 said:
    There's not enough Killers for them at their rank. I'm impressed that you managed to get a 3k. Games like that usually end in the Killer being dominated and getting either a 0k or a 1k.

    @Master said:

    @The_Phyrrhical said:

    Been having killer games where the ranks are heavily skewed like this. Doesn't affect survivor games.

    Stuff like this happens if there are no other killers they can face. After some time, killers from other ranks are considered for matchmaking. Guess the killer population is dying slowly.

    Seems like people are started to get fed up with the current state of the game for Killers.

    I wish that this would have happened earlier and that BHVR did sth earlier, now im playing other stuff too^^

  • ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 329
    Props to you for still getting a 3k against that, and with Trapper no less
  • laKUKAlaKUKA Member Posts: 174

    SWF !!! this feature broke the entire game.

Sign In or Register to comment.