- 2+ killers in a match exploit: Abusing bugs to join a public match a second killer
- Legion mend time exploit: Abusing a bug with Filthy Blade and Nasty Blade add-ons to greatly extend mending time
If you witness a player abusing the Legion mend time exploit, please be sure to report them through the in-game report system. There is no need to report the 2+ killers in a match exploit. We have access to data that will allow us to find the players abusing the exploit.
Ten ideas to improve the totem system
The totem system must be drastically improved: a good team finds and cleanses Ruin within a minute, and at that point a lightning-fast gen rush begins. The killer, if he wants to have a second chance for the immediate loss of that perk, must spend another slot for Dying Light, be lucky enough to find and down quickly the obsession and then do a grueling camping until they die: it's a sad solution for the unfortunate, little fun for the killer and still unacceptably random. The hexes have gone from being fearful to discouraged, as perks destined to last too little to have a significant impact on playing time.
Some possible solutions, to be evaluated individually or in combination among them:
1) to increase the number of the totems (at least 7, in my opinion);
2) to allow the appearance of totems anywhere on the map sufficiently sheltered from view, rather than in a restricted list of known places (much more unpredictable than now);
3) to make totems smaller (two thirds of their actual size, for example);
4) to make totems semi-transparent, so they are invisible farther than a few meters (like the cloaked Wraith);
5) to increase the hex totems cleansing time (28 seconds, I suggest);
6) to impose a minimum distance between survivors' and totems' spawning points (like between survivors' and killer's ones);
7) to require seven difficult skill checks for cleansing a hex totem, one every two seconds (like Brand New Part);
8) to rework significantly Thrill of the Hunt: "The Entity fills you with excitement and strengthens your totems. You lose your ability to see the Hex Totems' Auras. You start the trial with 4 Tokens and lose a Token when a survivor is killed or sacrificed. Survivors' Hex Totems cleansing speed is reduced by 12/16/20% for each Token. Survivors' Dull Totems cleansing speed is reduced by 6/9/12% for each Token." (with all survivors alive and tier 3, the hex totems cleansing speed is 20% of the normal speed, i.e. a survivor spends 14*5=70 seconds to cleanse Ruin, but no one knows where the hex totems are, so the killer cannot patrol them);
9) to introduce Black Magic, a killers' uncommon/rare/very rare perk: "Your deep knowledge of the Dark Mist corrupted the Totems functioning. 1/2/All Hex Totems seem Dull Totems." (hex totems are secret: the survivor cleansing them doesn't understand their real nature until they explode);
10) to introduce a new mechanic, common to all the hexes active from the beginning of the trial (the NOED is excluded, therefore), the Blood Price: the survivor who cleanses a Hex totem, if healthy, is injured and suffers the Broken status effect for 60 seconds, while, if they are already injured, they suffer the Deep Wound status and, after mending, they are Broken for 60 seconds; but Small Game grants immunity from this mechanic (the rationale is that well organized teams cannot no more have just a survivor with Small Game, who finds the totems and, if discovered and chased by the killer, explain the mates their locations by chat).
Of course, the totem system improvement requires the SWF-Killer-Solos gaps are bridged, otherwise solo survivors are condemned to death: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46538/definitive-solution-to-bridge-the-swf-killer-solos-gaps
Your opinions, contributions and amendments, if well explained, are welcome: please, avoid dogmatic or poor answers, which are useless for the debate.