We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
Got a question about dedicated servers? Read up on all the info here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87216/status-update-dedicated-servers#latest
Stranger Things and the 3.2.0 update will release on all platforms September 17th!

Getting tired of hits not connecting.

I wait until I’m absolutely sure all survivors have green ping before committing to a match, DC if there are yellow or ESPECIALLY red pings. Start the match, get into a chase, get right on their heels, and what happens when I attack? It goes right through them. Catch up after the cooldown, attack, again swipes right through their body. 
I’m tired of this. 
Why does this happen so frequently in this game?!?!

Comments

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,836

Sis, play survivor and witness all the BS hits that get you...

Why would that make me happier playing as killer?!
  • blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 882
    edited February 12

I know that sometimes my lunge cuts short. Like it'll lock onto the survivor, think it's gonna get the hit so it cuts the lunge short to swing, but it actually misses. It would have hit if the lunge continued.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,836

Sis, play survivor and witness all the BS hits that get you...

Although now you mention it I’ve noticed a huge disparity between playing survivor and killer. When I’m Killer and I finally land a hit, the injured survivor seems to have gotten a third of the way across the map after the attack cool down, and it takes forever to catch up to them again. 
    But when I’m survivor and get hit in a chase, the killer is pretty much on top of me again almost straight away. 
  • JudicarJudicar Member Posts: 19

Survivors say the same thing about hits that should have never hit but because latency...ya know.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 1,781

I have a issue with survivor lag with them not giving the walking emote or running and they'll be moving and 'teleporting' while standing still, difficult, but with Myers, it's insane how easy the connect is, I could hit someone who's crossing pallets and windows, insane lunge and 50 foot knife, it doesn't make sense how he gets such long distance hits but it works.