Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions Off-topic

foxes - why?

George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Out of curiosity: I see PLENTY of players using "fox" in their nicks. Much more than any other animal, and both here in the forums and when I'm playing. "Vietfox", "Suicidefox", "Kitsune", "狐狸", and a lot of other nicks I've seen using "fox" as their nick or part of it.

What's this guys? What's this obsession with foxes? Why not weasels or opossum? Armadillos are cute too.

Comments

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

Whenever somebody mentions foxes, furries come to my mind.

Furries fcked my mind up.

I just don't want to believe that these users are furries.

I am not judging though but still...

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Better question is why isn't there more fluffys. :D

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited February 2019

Quite right :) Fluffies are adorable. I always liked them as a child. Those loveable squeaks they do when strangled, those begging, hopeless eyes when their toes are removed by a clipper.
    Nowadays I'm mostly into burning them. So interesting to watch how they first freeze, then suddenly become loud and agitated. Very agitated.

Anyway, back to foxes. Any more insight, anyone?
  • DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,723

@George_Soros said:
    Out of curiosity: I see PLENTY of players using "fox" in their nicks. Much more than any other animal, and both here in the forums and when I'm playing. "Vietfox", "Suicidefox", "Kitsune", "狐狸", and a lot of other nicks I've seen using "fox" as their nick or part of it.

What's this guys? What's this obsession with foxes? Why not weasels or opossum? Armadillos are cute too.

For a second there I thought you put in 狐神 and was surprised that somebody actually saw me in game using that name and remembered it. Though either way, I'm impressed you know what 狐 means.

Personally, I think of foxes as cunning, mischevious, and playful. Personality traits I like to think are similar to my own. Though I'm sure there's a variety of reason people are fans of foxes. The song What Does the Fox Say made them popular meme material. They're adorable enough to be popular on their looks alone. And they're one of the more popular animals in the furry community.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,390

@George_Soros said:
    fluffybunny said:

Quite right :) Fluffies are adorable. I always liked them as a child. Those loveable squeaks they do when strangled, those begging, hopeless eyes when their toes are removed by a clipper.

What type of weaponry was given to you as a child?!?!?

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Dehitay said:

@George_Soros said:

For a second there I thought you put in 狐神 and was surprised that somebody actually saw me in game using that name and remembered it. Though either way, I'm impressed you know what 狐 means.

Personally, I think of foxes as cunning, mischevious, and playful. Personality traits I like to think are similar to my own. Though I'm sure there's a variety of reason people are fans of foxes. The song What Does the Fox Say made them popular meme material. They're adorable enough to be popular on their looks alone. And they're one of the more popular animals in the furry community.

Yeah fair points. I love how they're depicted in Asian folklore: the trickster and rival of the tanuki in Japan, and the Fox Fairies in Chinese tales. And of course here in Europe they have similar reputation like you said.

Still find it weird, gamers often choose nicks referring to strength rather than cunning. I guess it must be the uniqueness of this game, when playing survivor: you can't quite succeed through violence, only through smarts.

• How do Otters work for you? 
  • Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,977

Mbay they want to really bang a fox?

Idk, weird but each to their own.

• Dead_by_DavidDead_by_David Member Posts: 270

@Delfador said:

What are furrie?

edited February 2019

@Dead_by_David said:

@Delfador said:

What are furrie?

Please tell me your kidding bud

We have a innocent boi here! Don't ruin him!

• NathanExplosionNathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

@Swiftblade131 said:

Nintendo has already done it bwhahaha.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

@Swiftblade131 said:

Please tell me your kidding bud

He needs to learn the truth.

@Dead_by_David said:

What are furrie?

Just google it, I tried to explain but it is too difficult for me.

@NathanExplosion said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

Nintendo has already done it bwhahaha.

EY!

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

"One of the greatest mysteries of our generation."
    -Random magazine #34254

• NathanExplosionNathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

@Swiftblade131 said:

EY!

@Swiftblade131 No, this is not somethying I have heard of and I am not sure I want to :ohnoes:

@Delfador I am on my work computer, is it safe xD

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited February 2019

@Delfador said:

What are furrie?

Fandoms of anthropomorphism. You are better of googling it. 

Just know they are unpopular for a number of reasons, the more diehard furries communities consist of suspected zoophiles like many weebs are borderline pedophiles.

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Dead_by_David said:

@Delfador said:

What are furrie?

Fandoms of anthropomorphism. You are better of googling it. 

Just know they are unpopular for a number of reasons, the more diehard furries communities consist of suspected zoophiles like many weebs are borderline pedophiles.

OK, I do not understand a lot of that xD can anyone explain in French or Finnish?

@Dead_by_David said:
    @Swiftblade131 No, this is not somethying I have heard of and I am not sure I want to :ohnoes:

Anything but the work computer!

If you are willing to delve into that rabbit hole do it at home, with an IP blocker, and some idk, like jammers or something.

edited February 2019

@Dead_by_David said:
    OK, I do not understand a lot of that xD can anyone explain in French or Finnish?

"Anthropomorphism" is attributing human features (personality and/or body shape) to non-human things (could be objects, but most often it's animals, plants, and concepts). Furries do it with animals, often with sexual undertones.

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Dead_by_David said:

Anything but the work computer!

If you are willing to delve into that rabbit hole do it at home, with an IP blocker, and some idk, like jammers or something.

I think I will leave it, this sounds like a strange sexual thing xD

"sexual undertones"

@Orion said:

@Dead_by_David said:

"Anthropomorphism" is attributing human features (personality and/or body shape) to non-human things (could be objects, but most often it's animals). Furries do that, often with sexual undertones.

Bestialite?

@Dead_by_David said:

@Orion said:

@Dead_by_David said:

"Anthropomorphism" is attributing human features (personality and/or body shape) to non-human things (could be objects, but most often it's animals). Furries do that, often with sexual undertones.

Bestialite?

Not exactly, but it's closer than most other things will be.

That is weird. How do I escape this conversation! xD

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

@ChesterTheMolester said:

Which is why it's pretty offensive to call someone a furry just for having an animal in their name.

Still gonna come get your skin though.

edited February 2019

@Dead_by_David said:

@Orion said:

@Dead_by_David said:

Bestialite?

That's different. Bestiality (or rather, zoophilia) is the sexual attraction to actual animals.

Post edited by Orion on

@Orion said:

@Dead_by_David said:

@Orion said:

@Dead_by_David said:

Bestialite?

That's different. Bestiality is the sexual attraction to actual animals.

I am confused, scared and worried about fox people now.

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,776

That is weird. How do I escape this conversation! xD

Death is not an escape!

@Dead_by_David said:

@Orion said:

@Dead_by_David said:

@Orion said:

@Dead_by_David said:

Bestialite?

That's different. Bestiality is the sexual attraction to actual animals.

I am confused, scared and worried about fox people now.

Why? Even assuming 100% of them are furries, which isn't even close to the truth, what have they done so far to justify fear, confusion, and worry?