We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
Stranger Things and the 3.2.0 update will release on all platforms September 17th!

Here is the 4 man swf group we are talking about.

It’s possible he got stream sniped but even then this is only possible because of swf. There needs to be limits or something to stop this from happening because this is straight up unfair to the killers and the survivors that encounter killers who become toxic as a result of this. If anyone has ideas on how to fix this just keep posting them below and for the people who don’t think this is an issue watch this video and then decide.

Comments

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,584

That's an old video.

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,305
    instasaw noed LMFAO
  • mintchapstickmintchapstick Member Posts: 340

4 insta-heals, holy crap.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 3,615

The only real solution is splitting a ranked and unranked mode with swf only playable in unranked. We'd obviously need rank rewards and to make ranking up way more difficult in order for this to work.

• Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    #SWFgamelivesmatter
    edited February 13

Not sure why yall are bringing up that it's an old video, the game is nearly in the exact same balance state as it was a year ago. The small changes since then have not really affected the balance much at all.

@Vietfox said:
    @Blueberry said:

The small changes since then...

Sprint burst (exhaustion perks) = small change, right.

Yes, it was quite small and the perks are still extremely strong hence why they are all still meta.

• SpencerSpencer Member Posts: 68

Ok the video is old, it was a problem then and it’s still a problem now and yeah he made a couple mistakes everyone does. The main idea is the 4 man swf groups coordination and clear advantages it has, not how old the video is, if anything swf have gotten better since then if were bringing up how old it is. My point is it’s still an issue today, you can try to divert the conversation any way you want but the issue still stands.

edited February 13
    He has videos of the same play style with a different out come: around same time
    https://youtu.be/aqon2VsR3-E

@powerbats said:

@Blueberry said:

@Vietfox said:
    @Blueberry said:

Yes, it was quite small and the perks are still extremely strong hence why they are all still meta.

Yes lets pretend all the changes never happened, the video's super old, the killer screwed up and camped etc so in no particular order.

1.Pallets removed and reduced.
    2.Exhaustion nerfs.
    3.Healing nerfs.
    4.looping spots adjusted aka nerfed.
    5.Windows removed.
    6.Moonlight offerings removed.
    7.Maps are brighter sometimes quite much so.
    8.Backwater swamp got lots of changes, weeds removed in quite a few spots, shortened in quite a few others. Shrimp Boat got moved, Crow bomb added to Mothers Dwelling.
    9.Minimum hook spawns on every map, minimum distance between said hook spawns.

I could go on but that'd be too much logic used in 1 post.

Ok changes were made.... again it’s still an issue, you can use as much “logic” as you would like. However there are still complaints steadily increasing on the forums about the 4 man swf issue. Thank you for listing all of the changes made this shows us the game has progressed quite a bit. With that being said there is still more room for changes to be made such as ones that will solve the 4 man swf unfair advantages that are being asked for by the community today. One last thing chill... this is a discussion.

@Paddy4583 said:
    Spencer said:

@powerbats said:

@Blueberry said:

@Vietfox said:

@Blueberry said:

Yes lets pretend all the changes never happened, the video's super old, the killer screwed up and camped etc so in no particular order.

1.Pallets removed and reduced.

2.Exhaustion nerfs.

3.Healing nerfs.

4.looping spots adjusted aka nerfed.

5.Windows removed.

6.Moonlight offerings removed.

7.Maps are brighter sometimes quite much so.

8.Backwater swamp got lots of changes, weeds removed in quite a few spots, shortened in quite a few others. Shrimp Boat got moved, Crow bomb added to Mothers Dwelling.

9.Minimum hook spawns on every map, minimum distance between said hook spawns.

I could go on but that'd be too much logic used in 1 post.

Ok changes were made.... again it’s still an issue, you can use as much “logic” as you would like. However there are still complaints steadily increasing on the forums about the 4 man swf issue. Thank you for listing all of the changes made this shows us the game has progressed quite a bit. With that being said there is still more room for changes to be made such as ones that will solve the 4 man swf unfair advantages that are being asked for by the community today. One last thing chill... this is a discussion.

Less then 30% of the community use these forums and probably less than 50% of them even bother to post, it’s the complaints of a few not the majority.

First off it shouldn’t matter if it’s the few or the majority, second nice facts where did you get those from, third you even said it yourself there are still complaints being made, therefore there needs to be a solution. I honestly don’t know why this is such a big deal we just want a couple changes made to make swf and the game as a whole more enjoyable for everyone... even the few.

@Paddy4583 said:
    But there are people complaining the exact opposite too, that’s why complains don’t always justify a resolution, and in business you never cater to the few of you want to remain in business.

People complain about anything and everything.

I haven’t seen one complaint saying 4 man swf needs a buff and yes there are other complaints to, there’s no magic rule that limits the amount of complaints made, and in business if you want to be successful, you cater to everyone, those are the most successful businesses.

too*

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I know this video is from a year ago but damn!
    Honestly, Most my games are like this, I don't know if it's just the playerbase in my area or what but It can get very frustrating, Everytime I face a group like this back to back I loose the will to play and have to take longer and longer brakes from the game It just aint fun.

Yes it's a location thing, EU players can be the sweatiest tryhards. Everyone knows this and don't fall for the trap people trying to say that region doesn't matter. I was playing since release and I remember very well back then when you could change your steam download region to get matched up with complete different people. It was like a running meme to ask in the steam forums where the noobs and where the tryhards are currently playing and everyone was evading to get matched up with the tryhards so he can have chill matches.
    Spencer said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    But there are people complaining the exact opposite too, that’s why complains don’t always justify a resolution, and in business you never cater to the few of you want to remain in business.

I haven’t seen one complaint saying 4 man swf needs a buff and yes there are other complaints to, there’s no magic rule that limits the amount of complaints made, and in business if you want to be successful, you cater to everyone, those are the most successful businesses.

Okay I’ll give Apple a ring and let them know they aren’t successfull because they don’t cater to everyone, they’ll be thrilled by this secret of success.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@Spencer said:

@Paddy4583 said:

There's lots of complaints from both sides vocal minorities asking for buffs or nerfs to their side and the devs won't listen to the vocal ones doing that. Since it's the usual suspects who only want something if it benefits their side and screws the other side over.

Also n business will cater to everyone if it means screwing the majority of their player base over and putting themselves out of business. It's like catering to the vocal minority that wants swf completely removed from the game.