We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
Stranger Things and the 3.2.0 update will release on all platforms September 17th!

Dead By Daylight confirmed for Nintendo Switch

TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,870
edited February 13 in General Discussions

Just revealed on the Nintendo Direct today.

I love how the segment for it went way out of its way to avoid showing any violence whatsoever. :P

EDIT: Adding video of the segment for whoever is curious about it. Nothing interesting in it, but eh.

Comments

• ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,608

I saw it.
    And im not happy about it.
    But i dont care.
    I play on PC.
    I grind on PC.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 5,023

I can't hear you OVER ALL THIS MARK MAKER 2 AWESOMENESS.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,870

@thesuicidefox said:
    I can't hear you OVER ALL THIS MARK MAKER 2 AWESOMENESS.

I prefer Hotel Mark myself.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 4,694
    Aaaand yup it's real

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

HAHAHAHA

Good luck having even worse performance than consoles

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 4,694
    Master said:

HAHAHAHA

Yup, exactly what I said
  • RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259
    edited February 13

Waiting for DBD on Android

Plus battle royale mode, obviously

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,514
    Master said:

HAHAHAHA

I swear to God if it comes out and has better frames and plays better overall then ps4 and xbox imma be pizzed! 
  • FayeZaharaFayeZahara Member Posts: 964

i hope as long as sony isn't a bum about it. Can't wait to see next roadmap cause hoping cross progression and cross play is part of it.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

@FayeZahara said:
    i hope as long as sony isn't a bum about it. Can't wait to see next roadmap cause hoping cross progression and cross play is part of it.

Crossplay and cross progression aren't a valid option because of one, simple aspect - Bill. Bill is an exclusive for Steam, so other platforms can't get him.

• RuneStarrRuneStarr Member Posts: 828

I'm hype because I can play instead of doing my job with this release, but then I'm already crying inside because I don't even want to think about grinding up characters/perks for a THIRD time. :cry:

Please make the grind at least a little faster by then, I will bake you cookies devs... I'll even make sure to put chocolate chips instead of raisins in the oatmeal ones,

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,532
    Nintendo 64 port when?
  • JesyaJesya Member Posts: 674

No matter how much people will piss and moan about fps etc... expanding into a new market is a good thing for everyone who plays the game.

• VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,826
    Nintendo 64 port when?
    And for GB when? This one in particular.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,532
    Vietfox said:
    Nintendo 64 port when?
    And for GB when? This one in particular.

And the OG Wii pls!

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

Crossplay and cross progression aren't a valid option because of one, simple aspect - Bill. Bill is an exclusive for Steam, so other platforms can't get him.

So that extra content has nothing to do with progression and cross play. Plus if that was a necessity to have bill sure they could work something out. Not like he hasn't been put on other consoles before in his own games. His face on perks is allowed on other consoles too. He is just incentive really to play on the pc version tis all.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,870

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

So that extra content has nothing to do with progression and cross play. Plus if that was a necessity to have bill sure they could work something out. Not like he hasn't been put on other consoles before in his own games. His face on perks is allowed on other consoles too. He is just incentive really to play on the pc version tis all.

His face was edited out of the console perks, FWIW.
  • BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,217

@FayeZahara said:

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

They could just do what rocket league does. Have Bill appear as dwight to people on other platforms.

They don't let PS4 players see the Mario or Halo cars they just replace with defaults on one end.

@TAG said:
    FayeZahara said:

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

oh see his hat gone missed that

@FayeZahara said:

@TAG said:
    FayeZahara said:

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

oh see his hat gone missed that

still looks like bill with no hat xD

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@FayeZahara said:

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

They could just do what rocket league does. Have Bill appear as dwight to people on other platforms.

They don't let PS4 players see the Mario or Halo cars they just replace with defaults on one end.

really so exclusive skins won't be a problem. That is a cool trick

• OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 337

They better be finish with optimization by then or else the game will run terrible on the Switch.

• BossBoss Member Posts: 5,742

You really sure about this, BHVR?

• OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 337

@Boss said:
    You really sure about this, BHVR?

Yep. Optimization and dedicated servers must be ready before this port releases. Anything else and this will be a public disaster for them.

• sorrowensorrowen Member Posts: 428

Its not even optimized on PS4 and Xbox one yet...so port it too the weakest console?

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Do you know what the sad thing is? They skipped the recourses and time for the optimisation patch we were waiting for so long just to appeal a minor community (yes, switch community is the smallest), a community which probably isn't interested in a game like DbD... Thats sad, we the guys who supported BHVR for so long should have gotten the optimisation patch first before even thinking about porting it another platform. That's just my opinion .
  • sorrowensorrowen Member Posts: 428

The switch is the weakest console and it runs badly on the other two stronger consoles so that's not saying much for it going to switch.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,217
    edited February 14

@sorrowen said:
    Its not even optimized on PS4 and Xbox one yet...so port it too the weakest console?

PS4 and Xbox should be optimized before Fall. They've promised FPS improvements for all platforms this year.

They have 8 months until Fall. For all we know DbD could be 60 fps on ps4/xbox then.

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

@sorrowen said:

PS4 and Xbox should be optimized before Fall. They've promised FPS improvements for all platforms this year.

They have 8 months until Fall.

8 months can go fast. Depends on what they are planning. If they keep pushing new content I can't see that happening, it would be to much stress for the devs.