Last Year: The Nightmare is going to kill this game

and it’s not a bad thing honestly. The lack of follow through and integrity from the devs has turned this game from something that i would play constantly to something that I balk at if I’m not playing with freinds (much like Friday). The amount of issues and bugs with core mechanics to the game (from both killer and survivor side) is absolutely appalling. Yet instead of attempting to fix these, they slap on bandaids that don’t address the real issues. All in all from what I’ve heard talking to the community the devs are killing this beautiful idea and pushing their fans towards another game. But I guess in their eyes they’ve done a pretty good job so far

Comments

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 1,152

Bye @Blondie129 , was nice knowing you :)

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 1,152

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Here we go again. 

Im not even laugh yet, im gonna laugh when your just another "game x is gonna kill DBD"  prophecy turned out to be wrong just like all the others.

Its a comedy routine at this point.

I did laugh at these too, however, it has recently been confirmed: slither.io is actually taking over.
    These are the end days for DBD.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 1,497

Super Smash Bros will kill DBD.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 300

What was that game where it was like 99 people enter and have to open the gates so everyone can go through, meanwhile the killer is taking them out one by one... and I think every section there's a new killer, or something. It isn't out yet as far as I'm aware, but there was a trailer for it, around the time Last Year was still in the works.

• JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 455
    Coriander said:

What was that game where it was like 99 people enter and have to open the gates so everyone can go through, meanwhile the killer is taking them out one by one... and I think every section there's a new killer, or something. It isn't out yet as far as I'm aware, but there was a trailer for it, around the time Last Year was still in the works.

That’s Hide or Die.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 300

Ohh yeah, I still prefer this style of game than the current fad arena-style elimination match.

• JoyfulLeaderJoyfulLeader Member Posts: 421

Friday the 13th tried pretty hard but failed hilariously hard. Dead by Daylight is just unique in its own way, Last year looks a lot like if Left 4 Dead met Friday the 13th

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,015

Wait, wasn't it supposed to kill DbD a couple months ago?

@White_Owl said:
    Wait, wasn't it supposed to kill DbD a couple months ago?

If a chapter spotlight for Dead by Daylight gets more attention and hype than Last Year then game itself, then that's not a good sign

• PluPlu Member Posts: 136

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:
    Just checked Last Year's reddit and current state, game's as dead as Friday's, it's dead Jim, DBD wins yet again

I'm not surprised Plu, the game looks pretty damn frustrating and unfair to play as killer, it also doesn't help the fact that it's kind of boring to watch on YouTube

It was boring yeah, i agree, except when people played Strangler, i really liked him, but maybe that's because i was a huge fan of the Smoker when i used to play L4D2 lol.

@Plu said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:
    Just checked Last Year's reddit and current state, game's as dead as Friday's, it's dead Jim, DBD wins yet again

I'm not surprised Plu, the game looks pretty damn frustrating and unfair to play as killer, it also doesn't help the fact that it's kind of boring to watch on YouTube

It was boring yeah, i agree, except when people played Strangler, i really liked him, but maybe that's because i was a huge fan of the Smoker when i used to play L4D2 lol.

Charger is my favorite 👍

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,371

@Plu said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

Charger is my favorite 👍

Boomer was my favorite, especially as the suicide bomber playstyle.

Nothing is more fun than causing complete chaos and laughing menacingly after you jumped from a roof (or used the rocket boom exploit) to blind and stagger all 4 and seeing them being picked on by your team while they get swarmed.

JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

Charger is my favorite 👍

Nothing is more fun than causing complete chaos and laughing menacingly after you jumped from a roof (or used the rocket boom exploit) to blind and stagger all 4 and seeing them being picked on by your team while they get swarmed.

Boomer is a fun zombie to be, I also like spitter because you can hault the survivors progress and totally wreck survivors being attacked. LOL how did this turn into a Last Year argument into a Left 4 Dead topic XD

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,371

JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

Charger is my favorite 👍

Boomer is a fun zombie to be, I also like spitter because you can hault the survivors progress and totally wreck survivors being attacked. LOL how did this turn into a Last Year argument into a Left 4 Dead topic XD

We had a dozen of these threads and not a L4D thread despite being related to this game (Bill) so why not. 

Also we really need to see L4D3 at some point, dead zombie hype or not.

JoyfulLeader said:

JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

Charger is my favorite 👍

We had a dozen of these threads and not a L4D thread despite being related to this game (Bill) so why not. 

Also we really need to see L4D3 at some point, dead zombie hype or not.

Let's see: Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2, Portal 2, DotA 2, Left 4 Dead 2, it's official, Valve can't count to 3

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 875

The bugs and the community have always been this way and the game has thrived for nearly 3 years. Safe to say this shit isn't going to kill the game and Last Year certainly didn't hit DbD very hard at all.

• ItsYourBoyGuzmaItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 201

@Blondie129 said:
    and it’s not a bad thing honestly. The lack of follow through and integrity from the devs has turned this game from something that i would play constantly to something that I balk at if I’m not playing with freinds (much like Friday). The amount of issues and bugs with core mechanics to the game (from both killer and survivor side) is absolutely appalling. Yet instead of attempting to fix these, they slap on bandaids that don’t address the real issues. All in all from what I’ve heard talking to the community the devs are killing this beautiful idea and pushing their fans towards another game. But I guess in their eyes they’ve done a pretty good job so far

doubt it.

LY doesnt bring anything crazy/new/interesting or worth playing.... yet.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 4,876
    It's to much like f13.
    F13 failed hard. This won't be any different. The discord deal doesn't help the game to be popular. 
  • AlphaJacksonAlphaJackson Member Posts: 240

Last time I checked TitanFall 2 will kill Apex Legends...
    honestly ttho, it really wont, dbd has hit a point of small but consistent growth, from my pov anyway, and alot of players remain loyal to this game. AYM.

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 1,146

Lets count all the times people have said a game is gonna kill dbd, lets start, this post, f13, etc

• friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 1,961

@Blondie129 said:

the lol button exists for this purpose

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 1,073

This is like saying Apex Legends will kill Fortnite. This, in fact, is not true.

Fortnite has already been dead to me =)

In all seriousness I hate when people say a game is going to kill another game, you're basically just guaranteeing that the game that is supposed to kill this one will die itself.

• Bbbrian2013Bbbrian2013 Member Posts: 363

@Orion said:
    Last Year, Dying Light, Identity V, F13th... So many games have killed DbD over the years...
    Today is opposite day, right?

Dying Light? Why and how would an open world co op zombie game kill DbD? It was also out a year and a half before DbD.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 1,491
    Honestly...... DBD is at the safe point... it's been around for almost 3years now and is dishing out consistent content DLC, cosmetics, etc.... it's only growing and once dedicated servers hit and new game modes etc.. this game is going to easily be around for another 5 years... 

At the moment last I heard LY doesnt have a progression system and that hurts a game... DBD is closer to adding the content and such that's been asked for then LY .... in short DBD isnt going anywhere
  • BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 373

Last Year was Hyped so much but I don't see it dethroning DBD, I'll admit It's a fun game tho.

But we should welcome any competition to DBD.