2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Your username

PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 2,864
Any reason why your username/ gamertag is...well your username and gamertag. What's the story behind it or whatever. I'm just PhantomMask because when I wanted to come up with a gamertag, for some random reason I thought of Phantom of the Opera therefore the Phantoms Mask, PhantomMask. Also the phantom gremlin from gremlins 2 had a bit to do with it.

Anyways what's your story? 

Comments

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 1,308

Too lazy to make something unique so I used the username I was given waaay back in school.

• VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,827
    edited February 16
    Ok ok i'll tell you. I lived in Vietnam for a short period of time and loved it.
    Fox because of Gray Fox, from Metal Gear Solid. I liked that character, especially when he talks shit about politicians :D
    I came up with this name like 15 years ago or so.
    @se05239 said:

Too lazy to make something unique so I used the username I was given waaay back in school.

That is actually awesome lol, no kidding.
  • TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 434

Because i love Ace, this is the only account where i use this name, he is currently the only character i have prestige III with and the one that has granted me my best escapes

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,330

Re7
  • PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 2,864
    Vietfox said:
    Ok ok i'll tell you. I lived in Vietnam for a short period of time and loved it.
    Fox because of Gray Fox, from Metal Gear Solid. I liked that character, especially when he talks shit about politicians :D
    Oh, so that's how you would pronounce your name. I had trouble pronouncing it so I just said it completly different lol
    se05239 said:

Thats a big mood right there
  • ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,531
    edited February 16
    Well we got drunk while hanging out with my brother and few friends, i can remember that name dropping, a Cosby joke i think though i can't remember it. So i just chose it when struggling to find a new name.
    Well we got drunk while hanging out with my brother and few friends, i can remember that name dropping, a Cosby joke i think though i can't remember it. So i just chose it when struggling to find a new name.
    A drunk German? What? No way.
    edited February 16
    How is it in german, Chester der Belästiger?
    Post edited by Vietfox on
  • Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 2,161

My username on Xbox one is Hoodedfengm1n, because I am different than all of you here, I LOVE playing legion and against legion, and feng is my main, also I love wearing hoodies

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 362

@Vietfox said:
    How is it in german, Chester der Beleidiger?

Chester der Belästiger

"beleidigen" would be "insult".

@Topic:
    Just a name I created for myself around 15 years ago. Using it since then, I wanted some name for a Browsergame and it should be a name that is easily spoken (not like my first name there) and can sound like a "real" name. So yeah.

@Vietfox said:
    How is it in german, Chester der Beleidiger?

Chester der Belästiger

"beleidigen" would be "insult".

@Topic:
    Just a name I created for myself around 15 years ago. Using it since then, I wanted some name for a Browsergame and it should be a name that is easily spoken (not like my first name there) and can sound like a "real" name. So yeah.

It's obvious that i used google translate, please mods don't ban me.
    Editing right now.
  • Unnamed_FreakUnnamed_Freak Member Posts: 388
    edited February 16

My usernames just pop in my head randomly and I'm like "why the hell not", so Unnamed_Freak, Unnamed_Demon and BonnieTheStriker are random names, though BonnieTheStriker is cringy and I regret using this name.

Edit : Incrível, I can't even spell my own username.

That's one of the few good stories I have heard in a while 
  • PoppaSquatPoppaSquat Member Posts: 73
    Named after my cat 😺
  • WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 360

Mine is pretty straight forward. It rolls so easily from the tongue, whatever state you're in, and after 10 years, i grew attached to the name even though i consider it childish nowadays.

@Vietfox said:
    Oh, so that's how you would pronounce your name. I had trouble pronouncing it so I just said it completly different lol
    Next time we play together tell me how you were pronouncing it lol, i'm curious.
  • ChiChi Member Posts: 554

Chi is the shortened version of my middle name. Usually isn't available, but I signed up on the forums as soon as they announced it, so it was available. ^^

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 1,302

Doc because he is my favourite Killer and I'm a big fan of Back to the Future's Doc Emmett Brown.

October because I didn't want to use cyrillic letters in my username anymore. It's the English equivalent to Октябрь which is part of Октябрская (Oktyabrskaya), a Moscow Metro station featured in the Metro franchise of which I'm also a big fan.

Vietfox said:
    @Vietfox said:
    Next time we play together tell me how you were pronouncing it lol, i'm curious.
    Alright :lol:  I still need to get a new mic though, I'm tired of my friends not being able to hear me when we play
  • HuN7r3sSHuN7r3sS Member Posts: 190
    This is my username because Huntress was and still is my main killer

(Also subbing to TKX 15 on YT is much appreciated) 
  • MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 1,740

@PhantomMask20763

Nearly 20 years ago when I was 8 I tried to surprise my parents one morning by making them waffles for breakfast. Being the young fella I was with no real experience in cooking I tried using pancake batter in the waffle iron we had but used waaaaay too much. Needless to say nothing turned out well and my parents instead awoke to the smell of smoke and burning pancake batter. I told them that I was going to surprise them by making a really big Mega Waffle for breakfast. When it was presented for me to come up with a username this was the first real memory I thought of that would make for something unique and personal so I kept using it. Honestly I find it very difficult to create a game account should this name be taken and no slight alteration be available.

@PhantomMask20763

Nearly 20 years ago when I was 8 I tried to surprise my parents one morning by making them waffles for breakfast. Being the young fella I was with no real experience in cooking I tried using pancake batter in the waffle iron we had but used waaaaay too much. Needless to say nothing turned out well and my parents instead awoke to the smell of smoke and burning pancake batter. I told them that I was going to surprise them by making a really big Mega Waffle for breakfast. When it was presented for me to come up with a username this was the first real memory I thought of that would make for something unique and personal so I kept using it. Honestly I find it very difficult to create a game account should this name be taken and no slight alteration be available.

That's such a nice story. It's nice to see usernames with a deeper/ more personal meaning
  • SkarkioSkarkio Member Posts: 233

I always try to make an original nickname, something that not everyone use, like "Progamer" or "Imyourdaddy"

This nickname, I made it in the late 90's, when I first played runescape, and was making my game avatar!

One of the faces for the avatar had a scar crossing in the middle, so I was thinking on nickname related to that, and after a while, the nick came for itself "Skarkio"

Couple Funny facts:

Usually people who seems to have difficulties to read properly, they call me "Sharkio"

And when a spanish-speaker try to troll me, he call me "Shakiro" as in the male version of Shakira, the singer, usually is a tasteless sudamerican tenageer!

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 2,608
    I go by Peasant because I own a few consoles despite prefering PC. Also I like medieval stuff.
  • ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 635
    A character on The Good Place was trying to figure out the name of a female plumber and guessed Clog Wench
  • TreemanXDTreemanXD Member Posts: 1,331
    Idk why I choose the names I do. TreemanXD and Monkinyou seem like weird names to me now.
  • KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 907

Let’s Start.

Kira: I was really into the Death Note Anime at the time. Then I found out The word “Kira” was somewhat related to the word “Killer” And KiraElijah sounded better than KillerElijah.

Elijah: My First name. I figured what the heck, why not.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 1,949

There is a game called Battle for Wesnoth and my name comes from a wizard in the main story. I am pretty sure if you google it, you will see the game and the wizard.

It's been years, jesus I miss that game.