Home Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PC
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

Ridiculous Hatchet Hit-Box

StargamerXDStargamerXD Member Posts: 19

Hello dear community,

first of all I want to point out that I am rather a new player to the game and I am sorry if the hatchet hit-box from the Huntress is already a common known bug, that hatchets hit even if they shouldn't.

I have a Youtube video showing a ridiculous hatchet hit. In the video I am healing behind a box that is larger than myself, but nonetheless the hatchet hit when thrown over it. I am aware that the killer used the perk "A nurse's calling" to spot me while healing, but I think it's a joke that you can go for the throw anyway.

https://youtu.be/FOwhE2aw2gs

Comments

• KarkadannKarkadann Member Posts: 54
    Oh, looks bad.
    There was also a time where the Huntress was unable to hit someone behind smaller obstacles as there was an invisible small wall above some objects; maybe they changed too many things.
    Still, that is not okay.
  • KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,068
    Holy crap. Seriously I KNEW those hatchets were borked but everyone told me it was "a connection issue where you're at a different position while moving then you think you are." No that is not the case and this proves it.
  • apathytheclownapathytheclown Member Posts: 259

You have a much bigger hitbox when using self-care.

• DarqPhoenixDarqPhoenix Member Posts: 34

hitboxes are definitely larger than they should be, larger than the person and since huntress came out this has been a glaring issue (at least to me) but nothing has been done about it

• NickNick Member Posts: 794

Wow that looks terrible. Knew that the hatchets were broken!

• KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,068
    edited June 2018
    So to revive an older thread so I don't need to start another. Was in a SWF with some people on the Chapel map. While hooked I watched as my friend's aura as they vaulted, injured, through a second story window. As they fell through the chapel the huntress had thrown a hatchet at said window. When they were in between the first and second stories, the hatchet reached the window my friend had vaulted from and they got downed. This happened simultaneously on my end and my friends end, so it seems as though between the self-care vertical hit and my friend's vaulting vertical hit there is an issue with the "Y" axis hit box specifically hitting WAY larger than it should.
  • patrocluspatroclus Member Posts: 12

hatchet is a joke, ill be on the left side of a tree, she will throw it on the right side, and ill go down. Screw you DbD. Its bad enough when i jump through a window, take a step, and then get whacked by every killer because hitboxes suck. Fix your crap