We are aware of a current issue going around affecting most forum users. Affected users received this message upon log in: "You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password."

We are currently investigating this incident.
The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I keep crashing...

MasterLoliMasterLoli Member Posts: 73

Everytime i go to mothers dwelling i seem to crash the instant i can see my character. All i can hear is the regular backround sounds and my characters light breathing. I was grouped with a friend and eventually he said i lost connection, but on my side the game was frozen and i could still hear. This has also happened when i was Killer. I remember once i was able to play on this map as trapper when i first started during the last free weekend, but now that i have the full game this problem seems to have come into fruition. >_<

Comments

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,197

What are your PC specs please?

• MasterLoliMasterLoli Member Posts: 73

Intel I3-2330M CPU 2.20GHz dual core, 4gb ram, 64 bit, HP

My computer is a toaster, but i can run all the other maps to my satisfactory.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,197

The most probable cause is because your PC is below the minimum specs required to run the game, your CPU cannot handle the processing of this map in particular.

• YelwesYelwes Member Posts: 1

My PC always crashes when I load into Mother's Dwelling in exactly the same way... first frame of the game and then my game locks. My specs:
    Intel i7-2630QM 2GHz dual core, 8 GB RAM, 64 bit Windows 7, HP pavilion dv7 laptop. Hope this helps!

• MasterLoliMasterLoli Member Posts: 73

My theory is the map pushes everything on your pc so fast it crashes, because MD has more to load than the other maps, but idrk.