The 3.3.0 PTB is now live! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93850/
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

New DS = Trash

2»

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 3,645
    e8Lattice said:

@ThGameIsHardButSoAmI said:

So why don't devs put a skillcheck for the mori? It's easy to hit skillchecks right? Put a skillcheck on every mori like "brand new piece"

skillchecks are a gameplay feature for survivors, not killers.

If you're good at looping and you survive more than 60 seconds after being unhooked, you can't use it.

if you loop a killer for 60 seconds, injured, after getting unhooked you don't need decisive, it would only reset a chase that already took to much time of the killer.

@e8Lattice said:
    DC can be countered by just chasing down the target again. . . Come on people it's not hard, and you even get chase points for it!

i'm sorry but this quote shows that you don't really know how the game works...

. . . No I'm pretty sure if a Survivor escapes via DC it means I just need to chase them down again which is super easy for anyone who has eyes, ears and basic motor function (which I think is most of us)

That doesn't make chasing a counter.
  • e8Latticee8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 23

@TAG said:
    e8Lattice said:

So why don't devs put a skillcheck for the mori? It's easy to hit skillchecks right? Put a skillcheck on every mori like "brand new piece"

If you're good at looping and you survive more than 60 seconds after being unhooked, you can't use it.

if you loop a killer for 60 seconds, injured, after getting unhooked you don't need decisive, it would only reset a chase that already took to much time of the killer.

@e8Lattice said:

DC can be countered by just chasing down the target again. . . Come on people it's not hard, and you even get chase points for it!

. . . No I'm pretty sure if a Survivor escapes via DC it means I just need to chase them down again which is super easy for anyone who has eyes, ears and basic motor function (which I think is most of us)

It kind of does because chasing and catching the Survivor after DS lands means they've wasted their one and only single use escape perk. (which is a waste of a perk slot anyway, any Survivor worth their salt has an entire list of better perks in place of DS)

^Reclaiming the word -salt- from all the meme douchelords XD

But none of that matters, it's already done. Killer hand-holding mode has engaged and nerf has happened.

Next on the /crybaby brigades list will be Deliverance.

I mean we cant have a game that's fairly and consistently balanced to be fun for all oh no no NO not at all.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 3,645
    e8Lattice said:

@TAG said:
    e8Lattice said:

@e8Lattice said:

It kind of does because chasing and catching the Survivor after DS lands means they've wasted their one and only single use escape perk. (which is a waste of a perk slot anyway, any Survivor worth their salt has an entire list of better perks in place of DS)

That's not what a counter is.  By that logic, the counter to BBQ is not getting found by the Killer.
  • GlebuGlebu Member Posts: 56
    DS deserved the nerf but i dont really like these changes because we will have the same problem we had with borrowed time.
    Save the decisive for end game and win
  • Nea_Death_ExperienceNea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

@Daveer said:

it was counterable with enduring, Unnerving presence or by dribbling the survivor.

Now it's garbage.
    If the killer has mori, you can't use it.

If you get mori'd you cant use any of your perks any more, not even self care, iron will or sprint burst. This already happens with adrenaline. So whats the issue?

If you are good at looping you wont get hit GG. if there are no pallets you will get hit and you get a save.
    Stop complaining and look into why they did it.

• kill_billkill_bill Member Posts: 16
    edited February 28

i like the idea of the new anti-tunnel perk. but even it isnt worth to pick anymore there are, i dont know, 50-70 other perks to chose from. if u need this (op) perk to rank up/maintain your rank, it shows that the perk is op and you re on a rank you dont deserve.
    its allready way to easy to rank up as survivor. i get to rank 1 every season i play a bit more and i see myself as a mediocre survivor player and not one of the best 5%. and i never used ds. in my opinion the ds "nerf" is a step in the right direction but theres still way more to balance.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

Not like the new DS is a rework, not a nerf, and will still be almost as OP as before

• SadonicShadowSadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,122

This is some low tier bait.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@SadonicShadow said:
    This is some low tier bait.

After posts like this you learn how to appreciate high quality bait :smile:

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,901

Because you have killer gameplay and then you have survivor gameplay.... they want it different...... like completely different so that it gives reason to play both sides... plus when playing killer you have enough to and pay attention to.. . It would be stupid adding in skillchecks to the killer gameplay .....like what?

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Sorry you lost your free escape on first down..

• BringBackOldBTBringBackOldBT Member Posts: 18
    edited March 8

Was also counterable with clown hag trapper nurse spirit, but definitly not counterable guys. People just parrot whatever their streamers say, you can watch truetalent get 4Ks consistently and still moan about DS and all his little rank 12 viewers are convinced already. You can see it when a killer spams ultra-rare addons and still thinks he's more respectable than someone using DS, the victim-mentality is real.

The worst part is they punish survivors in an effort to stop the braindead game-killing "strategies" that killers use rather than punishing killers for basically not even playing a game/needing skill. Survivors loop stuff? Here have a passive that makes you faster, in fact be faster in general and then get your passive. Killers camp and tunnel? Here use 2 [BAD WORD] wastes of perks that are easily countered, oh and that top-tier perk you had? Yeah that's gotta go.. BHVR balancing right there.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 159

Yeah, Most people agree that DS change was solely changed because of Tr3Talent. He's not done weakening survivors either, He still complains about Farm maps railing for how you can see through them and Balance Landing loops. He's also good at complaining about NOED and Legion, Mori's, Essentially anything that makes him lose games, is problem, but anything that he uses that is overpowered I.E Nurse with 95%+ Winrate is fine.

• SprinklesSprinkles Member Posts: 249
    edited March 9

So the first time you're downed, your going on the hook, whats the big deal?

Killers would dribble you anyway, which not only stopped DS appearing, if it did appear and you hit it, being dropped to the floor at that time would both use and nullify your DS, which was pretty bullshit for then the devs to turn around and say dribbling is fine, tbh. Yet they were willing to ban for facecamping when you blocked the unhook prompt.